Thread: Game pricing confirmed?

xbAWOL

Default Game pricing confirmed?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/E3_2005/xbox360.asp

Also, IGN article on it.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/615/615220p1.html

E3 2005: Xbox 360 Title Pricing Revealed?
    Online retail listings may provide a clue.
    by David Adams
    May 17, 2005 - Our sharp-eyed web-checkers have just reported that online retailer EB Games is now listing all announced Xbox 360 titles for pre-order. Most interesting, however, is that the company is listing the titles at $60 -- only ten dollars above the typical game price for this generation. EB Games is also listing a ship date of November 1 for the titles.

Before we start adjusting our budget or begging for more allowance, however, keep in mind that the pricing is purely speculative, and the November 1 date obviously a placeholder. The EB site is careful to point out that "the ship date and retail price have not been confirmed and therefore are subject to change."

While we ask that you keep that grain of salt handy, then, we will also admit that retailers like EB Games have often provided good first clues on title release dates and pricing. While of course we must wait for official pricing announcements, this may indeed be a hint of the price of the next generation. Stay tuned for more.

Hmmm....November 1st seems OK...but that will definitely not be the actual launch date. And $60 for each game! Seriously! I really hope that's not the real price.

60 dollars will not bother me because i know the games will be worth it. I mean common havnt you seen the graphics? It is going to be amazing.

Ehhh, $60 isnt too bad. I remember paying $70+ for games on cartridges.

Not that bad, gotta start saving now.

This is MY HOME

Not bad at all. time to get rid of those pesky gift certificates.
    Hidden Content

While Your Guns Are Raisin'-Mine Is Blazin'(RIP DZNUTZ)

Sweet Halo 3 In November! 11/01/05! Wait...11+1+5=18, 18/3= 6 6+6+6? 666! Bungie Is The Devil!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Honestly, I wasn't blown away by the graphics as much as I thought I was going to be. They seemed like the games were up to par for this generation. Now please, don't flame me, it's just my observation. Obviously, it's still early and the games will likely look a lot better. Ghost Recon 3 seemed the most impressive to me.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

All you people who shelled out ten extra bucks for silly "Special Editions", it's your fault!

Quote Originally Posted by RockTheCasba-XBA
    60 dollars will not bother me because i know the games will be worth it. I mean common havnt you seen the graphics? It is going to be amazing.
    yea but great graphics does not mean a great game will be made...60 a game is too much for me...soon it will be 100 be4 we know it...so games on sale will be 50?
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

Prices don't seem to far out of whack in my opinion. They could have charged $75 and most people would still buy them....or get their parents to.

On another note....why Tiger Woods and not Links? Links was a far superior golf game than TW. Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon....mmmmmmmm!

With Rainbow scheduled for a September release, (I think) will Xbox 360 make them go back to the drawing board and release it a couple of months later and design it with the 360 specs in mind? What a great release game that would be!

And Tiger was totally unimpressive imo. I loved Links and now that I think of it I;m going to go cop that again.

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l
    Honestly, I wasn't blown away by the graphics as much as I thought I was going to be. They seemed like the games were up to par for this generation. Now please, don't flame me, it's just my observation. Obviously, it's still early and the games will likely look a lot better. Ghost Recon 3 seemed the most impressive to me.
    you know the demos shown were only running on 30% of the 360's power so in a way we saw xbox120's gfx and not 360's. so my dear friend maximus just wait it out and you too will realize that 360 is the only way to go.
    Hidden Content

While Your Guns Are Raisin'-Mine Is Blazin'(RIP DZNUTZ)

F*cking awesome, if prices over in the US will be like that, then you just know the UK will be screwed over completely.

Thread Information