Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this is NEXT GEN ?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    I have to be really honest here, when the guy put the two pictures I thought that both of them belong to the new console, now that I was traveling back and forth in the forum I suddenly saw that the first pic is s from the original Xbox ,OMG my statement is even more true now, can you really say that the first pic is bad d compare to the second one?
    I even think the first one is even better!
    I seriously suggest you lay off the bong water and open your eyes. Look at the ****ing blockyness of the xbox screen, and notce theamount of detail in the 360 one.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

may i remind you poeple that Fusion Frenzy used to be next gen.

Dbrizzle

may i remind you that in a couple years we'll look back at the early 360 such as prey and say the same thing you just said about fusion.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m4oH
    may i remind you that in a couple years we'll look back at the early 360 such as prey and say the same thing you just said about fusion.

so you look back at doa3 and say its unimpressive? hmm, no fuzion didnt take advantage of the xbox hardware, just like top spin isnt. NOt all games are striving for photorealism, as the xbox launch showed. Some games just want to jump on the launch bandwagon and make millions just because they're the only ones available. How many other tennis games are launching? And how many companies are competing for best graphics in a tennis game?

Its top spin for god sakes. Everyone who is underwhlemed by a tennis game, needs to take up playing other games. In 5 or 6 years, prey will still be impressive, just like DOA3 is impressive today. Its not at the peak of gaming graphics, but it still holds it own against modern games that dont look as good, and definatly against games in its own time. I still look at the quake 3 engine as imressive, just because of all it did in its time.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw Top Spin 2. It didn't look like that much of an improvement. But, I also know that all screenshots for the 360 don't necessarily represent the final product. I would be surprised if it was...if Microsoft is going to boast about the 360 being such a powerhouse machine, they need to back themselves up with powerhouse visuals. With the power of the new 360, one would think that we are pretty close to photorealistic graphics...just look at PGR 3...wow

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    I have to be really honest here, when the guy put the two pictures I thought that both of them belong to the new console, now that I was traveling back and forth in the forum I suddenly saw that the first pic is s from the original Xbox ,OMG my statement is even more true now, can you really say that the first pic is bad d compare to the second one?
    I even think the first one is even better!

either you are looking only at the ground and the character model or you are blind. Looking at everything in the backgrounds it looks like Unreal 1 compared to HL2. I may have to agree with the bong water statement.

"OH NO... one alpha screen shoot of a tennis game isn't spectacular so the new system sux!!!"

Dude, you're a flaky beotch.

Or is that Flakey beotch?

What about the lighting??? What about the crowd in the background??? or the Muscles, or the racket(SP) and that's just an alpha kit screenshot.

Oh wait this is a tennis game isn't it. Well there lies part of the problem why you don't think it looks that good, they aren't competing with anyone else so you have no other game to compare it too.

Oh snap I just realized that this is also just a screenshot and everyone with half a brain knows that screenshots can't capture the true beautifulness of a game.

How can you guys say that isn't alot of improvement? IT LOOKS FREAKIN AMAZING! Plus its only a screenshot, show us some ingame movement, THEN come back and complain if its still "weak".

xbox could pull off those graphics. When I read about xbox 360 it gets me excited, but when I actually see the screens for it I'm disappointed.

Either the dev's just aren't taking advantage of 360s hardware, or we're in for four more years of a slightly upgraded xbox.

Fear is the Mind Killer spike spiegel's Avatar

Wow the 360 one just looks so much better that it reminds me almost of PS1 to PS2 graphics change, not to mention the fact that the xbox 360 has alot more RAM and all that Jazz remember it's not only the graphics that are improved XD

Thread Information