Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony4sho
    Looks like Doom.
    yea, just about anything that uses the doom3 engine looks like a mod for the game, including this and quake 4. I don't know why it makes it makes me less interested, but it does

Quote Originally Posted by m4oH
    Yeah, that game looks tight as hell. I can't wait. I don't understand why everyone complains about more FPS?
    Probably because its always nice to have a little variety, instead of focusing so heavily on one genre. Don't get me wrong, I love me an FPS but I wish that they would at least get a new theme to work on besides human vs. alien, alien vs. human, blah blah blah. Then from time to time we'll have a World War II FPS, with the same basic gameplay and the same basic storyline. What happened to originality?

Thanks Spartan for the sig

Looks too damn good to be true

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Nurb
    yea, just about anything that uses the doom3 engine looks like a mod for the game, including this and quake 4. I don't know why it makes it makes me less interested, but it does
    It's not even that. It's the demonic looking enemies and dark surroundings that make it look like Doom. Nevertheless, there was nothing I saw in the video that just makes me want to play that game. I'm tired of all the sorry FPS on the Xbox. Microsoft needs to pull something out of their asses quick.
    "If there is enough religion to instill war, why isn't there enough to instill tolerance?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony4sho
    It's not even that. It's the demonic looking enemies and dark surroundings that make it look like Doom. Nevertheless, there was nothing I saw in the video that just makes me want to play that game. I'm tired of all the sorry FPS on the Xbox. Microsoft needs to pull something out of their asses quick.
    or at least shooters that aren't realeased on the PC as well

looks cool - the halo series has spoiled me. now i want gameplay to always be that refined.
    Last edited by sepheliroth; 05-31-2005 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typo slippage

hmmmm... doesn't impress me, seemed only slightly better than what the xbox can do.

u serious? i thought it looks glorious and seems that it will be a pretty sweet game

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plewis
    hmmmm... doesn't impress me, seemed only slightly better than what the xbox can do.

wow. You must have lucked out and gotten the "Super-Xbox" when you baught your xbox, cause xbox cant come close to that.

The game looks like it sucks too.

The game looks like it sucks too.

i reccomend one of these...

Last edited by TheCovenant-XBA; 06-01-2005 at 04:19 PM.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    Oh no another FPS ....

welp I mean ...the last time Xbox had an fps was before a ....MIN...
    Every min another fps is coming out and every body is excited ...what is difference in this game then halo ?

Oh I see the weapon here is yellow instead of blue!!
    let's BUY IT!!
    I heartily agree. Getting another FPS, this gen or next, means nothing to me. They've been done to death and I'm sick of 'em, personally. I like the ones I own, but prefer to play a mixture of games. Only shooter I have my eyes on at all right now is Conker, and that's mostly because it's a Rare game, I never played it on the N64, and it looks like it'll be a funny, violent romp.

And Totten, I don't believe 'STFU' is a very upstanding way to speak to members when you're a moderator. Show some respect, man.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Quote Originally Posted by thrAsher
    I heartily agree. Getting another FPS, this gen or next, means nothing to me. They've been done to death and I'm sick of 'em, personally. I like the ones I own, but prefer to play a mixture of games. Only shooter I have my eyes on at all right now is Conker, and that's mostly because it's a Rare game, I never played it on the N64, and it looks like it'll be a funny, violent romp.

And Totten, I don't believe 'STFU' is a very upstanding way to speak to members when you're a moderator. Show some respect, man.

I dont look at it in terms of genre, i look at it in terms of fun. The game looks fun. How' its presented i couldnt care less about. If it was a topdown sidescroller (3/4 isometric or whatever) i wouldn't care, as long as it looked fun. This game brings a slew of new things to the table, including level of immersion. The warp thing, the gravity thing, and the story telling thing. Great scripteed events here, iand i cant wait.

However, thrashy i can see where you're coming frm. The perspective can get tiresom at times. I stay away from shooters that will simply dilute the sensation with crappy feelings, but once in awhile i do get bored of FPS. I have plenty of other games i play thogh, so the boredom doesnt last long, and in a few days im ready to pick up halo 2, or doom 3, or half life 2 again.

Which btw, halo 2's campaign is way more fun then i first thouoght. I play through it a lot now. Just thought id throw that in.

I watched the video again... it just doesn't impress me. Give me something new, not another game using the doom engine.

I watched the video again... it just doesn't impress me. Give me something new, not another game using the doom engine.

quake fou-

hmm. Kameo?

Thread Information