Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unofficial disturbing news

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Default unofficial disturbing news

Well, my buddy matrix maul works at best buy, and gets the privelage of talking privatly with game company representatives every once in awhile. Sony, microsft, nintendo, the woiks

The other day his manager and him were talking about the 360 and looking up info on their charts or whatever, and they discovered that the 360 will NOT BE SHIPPING WITH THE WIRELESS CONTROLLERS. the controller in the box is wired, the wireless ones are accessories that you have to buy afterward. Now, matrix maul and his manager are no where near as official as, oh say, J Allard, but still, they arent saying this based of rumors. Its based on the facts thats reported to them from microsoft.

Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Thanks for telling us.

To Hell with Having Fun Darkside's Avatar

somehow I'm not suprised.
    The media needs another blackout.

I need you to feel this.. Hangnail's Avatar

That is bull****, excuse the language please, but they have crossed the line!!!
    The big hype about the new consules is that they will be WIRELESS, and we have to buy the WIRELESS controler ourselfs!

It better just be the basic pack and not the bargin bundle dohicky. If we only get a regular controller with a 300+ price tag, then I see a lot of PS3s going of the shelves before the XBOX 360 is even noticed.

I didn't even notice a regular controller port on the 360.

THIS SUCKS...

And thank your friend for all of us, and be sure to keep the info comming!
    Last edited by Hangnail; 06-05-2005 at 10:49 PM.
    Suck and suck. Suckin up all you can suckin up all you can suck .Workin up under my patience like a little tick. Fat little parasite. Suck me dry. My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter, beat my compassion black and blue.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Will the Xbox controller is compatible with the new Xbox 360.
    Back into the world of gaming.

If it isn't, MS has made another big mistake...

$ down the drain...
    Suck and suck. Suckin up all you can suckin up all you can suck .Workin up under my patience like a little tick. Fat little parasite. Suck me dry. My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter, beat my compassion black and blue.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

This is exactly how rumors get started. According to the info in OXM, all official and confirmed by MS, the Xbox 360 controller is wireless right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioAlex-XBA
    This is exactly how rumors get started. According to the info in OXM, all official and confirmed by MS, the Xbox 360 controller is wireless right out of the box.
    Thanks Studio...............people...breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. Covey not that i don't believe your ffiend, but i gotta say he's wrong.

All documentation sent to GameStop specifies "wireless controller" in box.

I guess thats why it says "unofficial" disturbing news then.

I really, REALLY hope you guys are right. I was about to lose it, I mean like" "

MS was about to get more hate mail than there inbox can handle...

Quote Originally Posted by Hangnail
    I guess thats why it says "unofficial" disturbing news then.

I really, REALLY hope you guys are right. I was about to lose it, I mean like" "

MS was about to get more hate mail than there inbox can handle...
    Hangnail, dude, it's ok.....come in off the ledge buddy, it's allright.

I guess I just have really high expectations for the new stuff comming out...
    After seeing the PS3 on G4's coverage of E3, I want the XBOX 360 to be able to stand its ground when they are set lose on the world.

guys, its no big deal, just chill. its not like you will have to "deal" with wires now. You've always played with wires, what will be the big dif? of course they were advertising the fact that there would be wireless and it IS kinda ghey if they dont include them but dont get your panties in a bunch. it is still unofficial.

Here is a little info on the "wired" and "Wirless" controllers.

• Wireless is supposed to be in the box
    • Wired controllers will be available
    • You can charge your wirless controllers by plugging them into the fron USB ports, can also be done while playing
    • Wired controllers will also utilize the front USB ports.
    • So everybody should be happy!

That is all..............

YES!, i am happy!

Yay, I have faith in MS once more!

I can finally get some sleep now...

Pimp

thats why you believe a vice prez of a gaming company over 2 dudes that work at a walmart.

360 has the advantage.

1- earlier launch than ps3
    2- cheaper than ps3
    3- 2 words...xbox live.

this system is own the market. no doubt.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshuamclellan
    thats why you believe a vice prez of a gaming company over 2 dudes that work at a walmart.

360 has the advantage.

2- cheaper than ps3
    3- 2 words...xbox live.

hmm. The thread does say "unofficial". This isnt a rumor though, apperantly the wireless controller was for show, the xbox comes with wired controllers, according to what microsoft says. Now, microsoft talking to OXM and microsoft talking to Best Buy is different. For oxm they have to look good, for best buy they have to be realistic.

Im not saying this is definite, im just relaying what microsoft sent to best buy. Thats it. Either way, keep this in the back of your head, in case it is true, you wont burst on the spot.

Also, a sony representative talked to maul and maul asked him "if the 360 has usb ports and the psp connects via these ports, what psp 360 interactivity will there be?"

The sony guy just laughed and said " i havent heard anyting about that"
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

You sure that it didn't mean to say something to the effect of "shipping with the capability to be wired."? I'm almost sure I read/heard something along the lines that you can have a wired controller, there's only 1 port for it, and it charges your controller during gameplay. Again, do not quote me, I just am sure I saw that on Gamespot or something.

That would kill me. Therefore, I know it's not going down that way. Bill doesn't want to kill me.

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by joshuamclellan

360 has the advantage.

2- cheaper than ps3
    3- 2 words...xbox live.

I may be a bit early to say so, but what I can tell so far:

4- Better games

Thread Information