Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: teh im in love with this girl and i dont know what to do thread

Default teh im in love with this girl and i dont know what to do thread

Yea im going to bring it down to a serious level for once. I met this girl during the just finished school year. I've known her for like 4-5 months now or so and literally since the moment I knew her I was in love with her. It's starting to get teh ghey now that it's summer and all I do 24/7 is think of her. I've done all the player things like buy her roses randomly show up and give her stuff...like she's invited me to her house a few times and I even took her to the Pirates/ Orioles game on Monday cause she loves the Orioles (and I went through hell to get those tickets). She seemed to have a really good time and told me she did and that we should do it again sometime..but shes constantly busy and I can never consistently see her...it's all like once or twice a week I see her for short periods of time. I'm pretty sure she knows I like her and what not but she never told me that she knew. Some of my friends are convinced she has the hots for me but sometimes friends exaggerate. Like she hugged me after the game and like she paused for 10 seconds ..my sis was like you should of busted out the kiss..but I'm a puss. Like I get so nervous around her and cant be myself. Have any tips for me the more experienced guys...like I'm not trying to "nail her" or whatever ... I just want to be with her... She's just a little under a year older then me and absolutely gorgeous with a brilliant mind.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Start acting like you don't like her. It's stupid but sadly it works.

Or, if you want to be genuine about this, tell her you want to see her more. If she doesn't agree to spend more time together, just move on. I know it's easier said than done but obsessing for months (or in the cases of some people I've known, years) over a chick you can't have is a waste of time and not to mention really pathetic.

Also, if she denies you, and you walk away from the relationship (totally, no talking on the phone), she'll probably come to you. Either way you'll have a moneky off of your back.

thanks for the advice... I already have said I wanted to see her more..and she agreed to a little movie night with me on Monday...so now I guess I need to execute that. IE find a time thats good for her and all
    Last edited by Wolfboy_888; 06-08-2005 at 03:18 PM.

Just remember dude, and trust me on this because I have experience....It does come to an end. I know what you're going through, exactly, to tell you the truth. While it's happening you think it'll never end but trust me, it does, either one way or the other. You either get over her, or you make a move and you get what you want. It looks like you've gotten off to a good start, so just don't worry about it.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Some lessons can't be taught. We all have to be stupid before we can learn. I just hate to see young guys enslaved to a devotion that they know is everlasting and true love, even if it isn't reciprocated.

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

Whatever you do, don't be an ass, be nice to her. Just don't be someone you're not, it'll just hurt you in the end.

Tell her that you like her, you get the feeling she likes you, and that you would like to take the relationship a step further. That way there are no mistaking your intentions, you'll know how she feels about you right away, and whatever the outcome is, you can deal with it then...just don't cry.

To sum up, basically what Studio Alex said in his second paragraph, whith my own style.

This, brought to you by the department of redundency department.

Hey if she really likes you then she wont dump you when she finds out your really in love with her. I've never had a girlfriend but take my advice. It doesn't have to end. If it does then she probally never wanted to go that deep into the relationship anyways. She might get out of it if you make a quick move to show her that you really love her. Or if you feel like the time is right and that she wont back out then go ahead make a quick move. Just remember it has to be the right moment or you have to feel that she has been willing to give it a deep relationship all along and that she really likes you or the relationship is going to die. Take it slow. Convince her you love her. Once shes convinced everythings ok. You won't have to be worried once shes convinced. If she dumps you. She never wanted a serious relationship. Or you could find ways to make her want to see you more. If she comes to see you every 5 minutes then you've sparred a lot of time and she loves you. Just remember if you do that it might damage, ruin, or kill the relationship. Don't use that if you think it could be a risk of killing the relationship. Use it sparringly if you do decide to use it and that it could have the risk of killing the relationship. But you want to know the one thing that could convince her. Just be yourself.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the sig

Communicate. Tell her how you feel. It's terrifying to do but it will let you know where you stand and where she stands. You can do it. If you have strong feelings for her then handle your business!!!

This is MY HOME

You know what I'd do?.......I'd.....

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

plain and simple: just talk to her. You'll feel awkward as hell, but when its all said and done: you stood up for something important. And maybe someday you'll be happy with her.
    -Welcome back

I can not stress honesty....it is the best policy in any relationship wether it be friendship or a romantic one.
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

Even the Damned love. Douchesforfun's Avatar

also whatever you do, dont tell her you love her. Let her say it first, otherwise you could scare her away.

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Douchesforfun
    also whatever you do, dont tell her you love her.
    True (well, not off the bat anyways). It's good not to show all your cards at first, let things develop, don't try and force them or you will scare her off. Relationships aren't about power or "hand" (a Seinfeld reference). It's not about who has the upper hand, it's about growing together. Like most have said...be yourself, if she doesn't like you, then don't waste your time.

thanks guys ... I'll keep all this in mind... So seems like what I should do is really just play it out conservatively and just keep talking to her and building up my knowledge of her... Maybe just keep doing the little things will count... I have to grow up though..I can't be so nervous .. I just have to be my goofy self...but be serious and respectful too. Anymore advice would be appreciated.

well honestly it depends on how old u are and she is. but just play it cool and if she really likes u you'll find out.
    Hidden Content
    mad props to BullseyeWTF for the siggy!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

well she's 18 and im 17. haha 17 what is love to me... what can you really describe as the correct age to love..like what makes it right to be in love with someone else.. i know what im feeling

I say before doing anything hasty, you should evaluate your feelings. You first need to know if you love her. Don't confuse infatuation with love. If you're infatuated with her then you believe that she's perfect and overlook glaring glaws. In that state the relationship can suffer once the infatuation wears off. If you love her then you accept her flaws and don't overlook them. As for asking her out, everyone here pretty much said what needs to be said except for laughs . Also remember to analyze what you can do for her instead of what she can do for you. Love never looks for personal gain but it humbles itself to others.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

very nicely put ... well she's done some pretty irresponsible things in the past and ive overlooked them ..and they are the types of things that grind on my nerves with anyone else...so i think im safe there. I maybe just a little taken by the infatuation..like i know her..and i consider her perfect..but there's obviously some things that she may be holding back..obviously since i consider her perfect ..

Dbrizzle

WTF I had something to say, I said it then edited my poste because something was wrong. . I think Im drunk. Oh well wheres that cyanide pill?

Well of course we all say someone is perfect for us. If you notice things that get on your nerves than you're more willing to work them out if you love her. If indeed infatuated you may just ignore it or resolve everything by just hiding it behind emotions and affection. Like others have said you have to communicate. Let her know how you feel about her is a start. Once in a relationship you can tell her what bothers you. It would feel natural and she should understand. However if it's something that doesn't really harm the relationship than you can accept it. If you love her and she loves you then it would be quite easier to work around any problems with each other.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Thread Information