Thread: Fisssssshing Trip

Default Fisssssshing Trip

Well, I'm off on a fishing trip tomorrow afternoon that will take me to the haunted lake of Lake Dalrymple. I will be gone until Monday afternoon.

So I just want to make sure the site doesn't fall apart without me. Don't post anything I wouldn't post. Don't let Jermy anywhere near the babe threads without parental supervision.

I'm counting on you Salmy to keep everything somewhat in check.. I know when Whisper is away things start going to hell... there will be crying children in the streets.. the women will be looking for a new pimp, and the n00bs will be like.. "whoa.. wheres whisper?"

I'll take pictures I guess.

I used to post here a lot.

Alright Whispy, have fun. I know I will with you gone.

ZING!

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

Good luck with the fishing there bud. I'm taking the boy fishing this weekend for his first time. He's gonna hate it, which means I'm gonna hate it to, cause he'll whine the whole time, but hey, it's Father & Son time, and what can be better than that?

Kmart6

Quote Originally Posted by Salmonaitor-XBA
    Good luck with the fishing there bud. I'm taking the boy fishing this weekend for his first time. He's gonna hate it, which means I'm gonna hate it to, cause he'll whine the whole time, but hey, it's Father & Son time, and what can be better than that?
    Hey Salmy good plan, taking the Boy fishing, now you have someone to put the worm on the hook for you.

awww I want to come. Instead I will settle for some walleye shipped to my home address. Have fun and be careful.
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

Is this the lake where you saw the ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon
    awww I want to come. Instead I will settle for some walleye shipped to my home address. Have fun and be careful.
    yeah baby walleye:P Lake Dalrymple is stock full of them.. been eating them for years!

I think my dad held the lake record for walleye for a few years.. I currently hold the lake record for Black Crappie which I got last year.

The lake has some pretty big Bass, Pike, and Musky too. There's this one part of the lake that is really vegetated, and quite shallow. Between 1-6 feet deep, and it takes up one whole corner of the lake. Fishing there is friggin scary. Between the lots of weeds surrounding the area, eagle nests in almost every other tree, and then of course the pike in the water. The water is usually so clear you can see the Pike. We use spinners there, you have to reel fast or it will sing and get caught in the weeds... you will cast it out, and reel fast.. then all of a sudden you will see this Monster shadow swimming fast behind it and wham.. they almost pull you into the water.

Anyway, can't wait to get going.

And yes Jermy, it's where Pete lived.

I'm back a day early. Boring time.

No fish in what has been the best place to fish on the lake for years. Oh well, been skunked a hell of a lot before, just not on this lake. My Dad has another 5 days there, I'm sure he will bring me back something.

Too hot to fish during the day, which we usually don't do anyway. I got in a 20 second stare down with a skunk who was blocking my path off the dock. I was the only one there so it was kinda creepy.. thing was just 4 feet infront of me. We just stared at eachother... I think we kinda bonded.. either that or mutually agreed to fight another day. I backed up and he walked over behind a tree, so I took off. I thought about poking him with my rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper
    I backed up and he walked over behind a tree, so I took off. I thought about poking him with my rod.

I assume that was your fishing rod?

Welcome back from your fishing trip Whisper....I've had many trips where nothing was caught. Sounds like a great place to fish though.

Dbrizzle

Sorry to hear you didn't catch anything. Sounds like my last fishing trip.

Oh yeah I caught a fish with my hands for the first time yesterday. It was a crappie.

I would be worried about eating a fish named "crappie" doesn't sound very good.
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon
    I would be worried about eating a fish named "crappie" doesn't sound very good.
    It's a common name here in the south. It's a kind of panfish along the lines of some stumpknockers, warmouths, red bellies, bream and others.
    A democracy will continue to exist up until the time voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury

RIP DZ

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyez
    It's a common name here in the south. It's a kind of panfish along the lines of some stumpknockers, warmouths, red bellies, bream and others.
    yes I know I just felt like being an *** for some reason
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

Thread Information