Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion for the 360

I need you to feel this.. Hangnail's Avatar

Default The Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion for the 360

Am I the only one who can't wait for this game? I loved Morrowind and Oblivion shouldn't be a disapointment at all... I have seen very little on this game and want to know what you guys think.

One thing I want to know is if it is going to be a launch title. I think it is highly doubtful, but one can only hope.

Please shed some light on this subject for me. It is one of my "high antisipation" games of the next gen systems.
    Suck and suck. Suckin up all you can suckin up all you can suck .Workin up under my patience like a little tick. Fat little parasite. Suck me dry. My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter, beat my compassion black and blue.

Dbrizzle

Okay let me say this, this is one of the few games that I would (insert something ludacris here) for. I posted somewhere in other thread about PGR3 being my most anticipated. Wrong Morrowind IV is all im gonna be eating sleepind drinking thinking talking about for hopefully around a year. OMG morrowind, I love you.

I have also been highly anticipating this game. I can tell you with certainty that its been in development since 2002. With that in mind, and being that we are now in 2005 the chances of it being released near the 360 launch seem good to me. Well, thats what I hope for anyways, and I keep my fingers crossed as well
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

I thought the last game didn't do so well as far as reviews but it seems to have a great following. Am I correct?

This is MY HOME

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame-XBA
    I thought the last game didn't do so well as far as reviews but it seems to have a great following. Am I correct?
    The console version is THE deepest, most amazing console RPG to date. And while it had some problems (wonky combat, short draw distance, the infamous DDE's on some Xboxes), the game has yet to see any true competition on the XBox.

And yes, there is still a huge number of people playing the game on PC, as well as the Xbox, I'm sure. I constantly hear people at other sites saying "Finally picked up Morrowind" and etc.

Oblivion is going to sell very, VERY well. I personally cannot wait for it. The sole reason to pick up a 360 to some, including myself.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Most reviewers comepletely missed the boat on Morrowind. For one, it simply can't be experienced in the ten hours or so most reviewers alot for a particular game. Second, they used to diss Virtua Fighter, but now, whether because of hindsight or just the changing the the guard, it's regarded as the pinnacle. Can you believe they used to score Toshinden better than VF? Who even remember Toshinden anymore...

Oblivion should score better than Morrowind because the idea of that kind of game is widely accepted in the console community and most people realize that Morrowind was a truly great game.

Okay then, now I must get it and check it out for myself.

This is MY HOME

I'm also curious about the release date. I never got too deep into Morrowind, but my wife still plays it on her PC alot and is constantly bugging me for new info on Oblivion.

I'm gonna be boring

Oh my gosh, Morrowind was my favorite came for like 2 years, I played it everyday! I practically pee my pants every time I get new info on Oblivion, I can't wait!

One of my musts for launch definetly. Can't wait to see how the combat system will be this time.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

http://www.ferrago.com/portal/cluster/283807

This site has a lot of info on Oblivion, including 2 trailers, but I have not had time to look at any of it.

I saw some screenshots for the PC version, and it looks AWSOME!!! I predict that the 360 version will be at least as good, if not better.

If Oblivion does come out with the launch, then it will definetly set the line high for all of the other RPGs.
    Last edited by Hangnail; 06-18-2005 at 03:31 PM.
    Suck and suck. Suckin up all you can suckin up all you can suck .Workin up under my patience like a little tick. Fat little parasite. Suck me dry. My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter, beat my compassion black and blue.

Morrowind-- Best console RPG ever, **** Final Fantasy.

Morrowind is probably one of the deepest RPG's I've ever played..you can do so much..I've put well over 200 hours in to the game, and believe it or not, I haven't even finished the Bloodmoon or Tribunal campaigns.

Oblivion looks and sounds amazing. Ambient AI is going to introduce elements that were promised in Fable, but never delivered. Each NPC will live their own life. They will eat when they need to, sleep when they need to, even duel with other NPC's if it is neccesary. Fully scripted NPC actions are a thing of the past. Oblivion is going to revolutionize open-ended gaming.

And yes...before you ask..I have indeed fallen into the hype machine.

Edit: I just hope that the 360 version comes with the TES construction kit. It added so much more possibilities to the PC version, and I see no reason why it can't be implemented into 360, especially with the new LIVE capablities. (IE, maybe quest swapping anyone?)
    Last edited by rpgreligion; 06-18-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks Spartan for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by carlbme
    I'm also curious about the release date. I never got too deep into Morrowind, but my wife still plays it on her PC alot and is constantly bugging me for new info on Oblivion.
    You and your wife game together? You're the man!!!

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame-XBA
    You and your wife game together? You're the man!!!
    Yeah, my wife hates games... yet she beat Super Mario as a kid. Go figure, you'd think someone who played enough mario to beat it would be nostalgic and enjoy atleast casual gaming now.

But, no freakin way.

Oh well, props to you and the Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by carlbme
    I just saw a Mod that might as well be another expansion pack. It is called Wizards Islands, which is for the PC version of Morrowind. You can download it here.

www.wizards-islands.com
    Last edited by Hangnail; 06-20-2005 at 07:03 PM.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

The reviewers didn't like it for the odd fact that this is more of a pc rpg. Horrible, horrible reason. I wanted to bomb OXM when i read this. "Too complex for console gamers, so we're lowering the score". Ign scored it very highly, and even put in a lil commentary...
    "best game since halo". The game was great. i got at least a hundred hous into it, and i didnt do much at all. I never even visited the center of the island (i forget what its called). Yea, so much to do, oblivion is gonna be great, and form the looks of it, its gonna involve a much better story this time around, which was one of the faults of the first one.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

I'm gonna hang back on this one. Definitely going to buy it, just not sure if I'm going to get it for PC or Xbox360. Most likely PC- mods, patches, etc.

oblivion will be a must get for me. i love rpg's and i cant wait to get my hands on this mother.

Oblivion looks to be a candidate for game of the year. I bet that it will go over alot better than Morrowind did, because they rated Morrowind before they knew what it was capable of...

Stupid critics .

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan-XBA
    I'm gonna hang back on this one. Definitely going to buy it, just not sure if I'm going to get it for PC or Xbox360. Most likely PC- mods, patches, etc.
    If I had the gear to run it well, I'd go for the PC version as well, solely for the mod community.

Thread Information