Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Game Console Market: A Ruthless World!

Originally posted by Shadow Fox
    I bought an Xbox because I like all games, and I wasn't going to buy a PS2 AGAIN. I had already planned to have more than one next-gen console since Fall 2000, if you must know.[/b]Depends on YOUR preference and why you got an N64. No point in blaming Ford for their frame chassis if you're the one who crashed into a tree. Nice analogy, and nice try; but if N64 "burned" you, that's no more Nintendo's fault than your own.I see this all too much, yet no one would complain if Halo 2 or GTA3 was announced for Xbox. Both are sequels, and will most like revamp an already used 3d engine and characters, just like the Capcom, Konami, Tecmo, Namco, and Sony franchises do. It's not just Nintendo- it's the entire industry. Sequels work, and the only reason Microsoft hasn't done this is because it's new. Again, nice try; but I've heard this invalid complaint one too many times.

And BTW, I had no intention of labeling anyone here, but people that still think that GameCube's raw polygon count is 12-15mps and not 90-120mps, and that the system is "made" for kids obviously haven't taken the time to read up on the console, showing a lack of interest in Nintendo, who happens to be one of the greatest software makers in the world. So don't give me that "we are true gamers" bull- if it were true, you wouldn't have to "side" with any company- just play the d@mn games.

To anyone else that feels they've been "burned" by Nintendo 64 (so typical):

The news of DMA/Rockstar cancelling GTA3 until further notice "burned" you, right? So if this game was to finally be released for Xbox, would you boycott it to "stay with the competition"?

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict [/B]
    Just wondering how it's my fault that N64's failed? I faithfully bought the console and several games. So I put alot of money into that console. What more could I have done?

I don't know much about raw polygon counts but I do know that with the N64 they should not have had a cartridge based system. Nintendo is paranoid about piracy and that's why they didn't use regular sized CD's in the GC which to me is a mistake again. It's laughable that you blame me in part for the N64's failure since I supported it with my hard earned cash.

Yes no one would complain if the Xbox came out with GTA3 or Halo 2 but if they kept rehashing it 10 years from now it would get old just like alot of Nintendo's games. You mention siding with companies? You say your a true gamer but you sure appear to be pro Nintendo. I guess you will just say your defending it right. Sort of a modern day Robin Hood of the console industry.

Frostberg

Originally posted by Xboxfan123
    if they kept rehashing it 10 years from now it would get old just like alot of Nintendo's games.
    Theres the best fact ive heard all day....How old is Mario? Like 25 at least...no wonder i have gotten sick of him...hopefully we still wont see master chief by the time the 5th reincatnation of xbox rolls around...

Originally posted by Frostberg

Theres the best fact ive heard all day....How old is Mario? Like 25 at least...no wonder i have gotten sick of him...hopefully we still wont see master chief by the time the 5th reincatnation of xbox rolls around...
    I would say the same thing if MS came out with Super Smash Halo, Halo Mansion, Halo Sunshine, Halo Kart etc. Nintendo needs some new fresh games. I think even D!ck Clark played Mario as a kid.
    Last edited by Xboxfan123; 02-18-2002 at 05:28 PM.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I would say the same thing if MS came out with HaloKart, Halo Mansion, Halo Sunshine, SuperHalo3 etc. Nintendo needs some new fresh games.
    hehehe! Dude, XBoxfan...that was nice!!

How about: Paper Halo, Halo brothers, Super Halo Brothers, Super Halo 64, Smash Halo brothers, Super Smash Halo Melee, and Halo Party

Got to give you credit, though...hehehe...that was awesome!

Originally posted by Maximus

hehehe! Dude, XBoxfan...that was nice!!

How about: Paper Halo, Halo brothers, Super Halo Brothers, Super Halo 64, Smash Halo brothers, Super Smash Halo Melee, and Halo Party

Got to give you credit, though...hehehe...that was awesome!
    Hey Max:

If we keep this up we could add 10 pages to this thread easily! Added the D!ck Clark thingy. Thought it was fitting.
    Last edited by Xboxfan123; 02-18-2002 at 05:33 PM.

Halo, the ocarina of time. Halomin. And you cant forget Halo tennis.

Halo Golf

Halo RPG

Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired
    and i'd die again for you

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

Frostberg

as long as I dont see master chief dress up anytime soon ill be happy

Hey Max:

If we keep this up we could add 10 pages to this thread easily! Added the D!ck Clark thingy. Thought it was fitting.
    hehe...nice, dude! No kidding!

How about: The Legend of Halo and Halo II: A Halo to the Past

Exclamation oh boy....

Just wondering how it's my fault that N64's failed? I faithfully bought the console and several games. So I put alot of money into that console. What more could I have done?
    Who ever said the N64 "failed"? Myself and many more people don't feel this way; maybe it's because we got the games we wanted for it, and liked them. I guess you didn't buy the games you wanted, or couldn't get them on N64 (probably PSX exclusives that are STILL PS2/PSX exclusive). Sounds like you should've gotten a PS2...

I don't know much about raw polygon counts but I do know that with the N64 they should not have had a cartridge based system. Nintendo is paranoid about piracy and that's why they didn't use regular sized CD's in the GC which to me is a mistake again. It's laughable that you blame me in part for the N64's failure since I supported it with my hard earned cash.
    To you it's a mistake, to Nintendo it means less piracy, little to no loadtimes, oodles of coding space, and more developers coming thier way because of those facts (along with the easy development cycle). This is bad?
    Yes no one would complain if the Xbox came out with GTA3 or Halo 2 but if they kept rehashing it 10 years from now it would get old just like alot of Nintendo's games. You mention siding with companies? You say your a true gamer but you sure appear to be pro Nintendo. I guess you will just say your defending it right. Sort of a modern day Robin Hood of the console industry.
    So I take it you won't buy Madden, Sonic, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat 5, CastleVania, Phantasy Star Online, Metal Gear Solid X, or Doom 3- those games all have been around for 10 years or more (1992+). You bashing Nintendo only is very biased. What about Konami's Gradius? And Tecmo bringing back Ninja Gaiden? I never hear complaints about this; yet they are doing the same thing Nintendo is doing- making money off their franchises. If you were them, you'd do the same d@mn thing.

Maybe you didn't pay attention to the point that Microsoft hasn't been around long enough to "rehash" games- and they'd do it too if it meant a bigger paycheck. Speaking of "rehashes", since when does taking an imaginary 2d character and putting it into a 3d world, changing the entire graphical style, and changing the entire environment make a game a "rehash"? To me (and anyone else with common sense), that's a new game, with a familiar character.

Why do I not hear complaints of DOA3 being a rehash? The only thing added to the gameplay was two new characters; and even the motion-captures are still the same...yuck.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 02-18-2002 at 10:43 PM.
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

hehehe...my wife is here reading this thread and she thought of a really good one:

How about PokeHalo

Thread Information