Thread: backwords compatability(sorta)

Default backwords compatability(sorta)

Hey guys just a quick question about how backwords the 360 will be. i'm actually not talking about the games though. I just want to know if the controllers i have now well work with the 360? more specificlly my logitech wireless one. i dont really expect anyone to know for sure but if you do know i would like it if you told me. ok thanks.

Sorry to burst your bubble but all old Xbox controllers will not work with Xbox 360 from what I've heard. The console either receives the button pressing responses wirelessly through its radio board or via USB if you like to keep your controllers wired. Tough luck but it looks like you'll have to sell those old controllers.

That's correct. The Xbox 360 wireless controller transmitters and receivers operate on a unique frequency so that they are the only controllers that can communicate with the console. That way they don't have other stuff interefering with the signals.

yeah its correct.. but im pretty sure someone will come out with a mod or some sort to make it possible
    Need a sig? Need artwork, feel free to contact me via AIM/YIM/PM/email.

Yeah they could probably make an adapter that hooks on to the old controller and makes it USB. I can see Pelican or Madcatz or one of those companies doing that.

it kind of stinks in a way, since now i will have to buy all new controllers...but i guess it is sort of a ''step forward'' in innovation having it be completely wireless.

thanks for the help guys thats what i figured but still dissapointing(spelling) i really like the logitech controller it fits the hand so well. oh well maybe i will be able to trade all my controllers in and get a game or something
    Hidden Content
    thanks laughs for the sig
    real join date- jan 2002
    vist my space here Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thread Information