Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bots In Halo

Question Bots In Halo

i hope everyone has acknowledged that there should be bots in halo. No one knows the true reason why they arent because if they did say why it would be bull****. MY friend claims they cant because he says the AI wouldnt be fair, it would just wait for u behind a rock or something. I think he is wrong what do u say?

hey
    they could have put them in...
    i do not know the real reason they didnt,
    but if there is a sequel there will most likely have bots
    they could have thought it was too much work...too little time...or a combination of those or other things
    either way the game is stellar and is fun online....
    playing on the net is way better than bots...except the lil lag

lata
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

probably not enough time, I would love bots too. I heard they are comin out with Halo 1.5 or something, and it will have bots and better online play. If this is true, I also hope that you can pick to drive a Banshee! 4 player Banshee FFA would be SWEET!
    "Hope is the denial of reality"

no...they already said there will bo no
    HALO 1.5
    so there goes that...hhee...
    there will be a sequel tho
    lata
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude, Halo on Gamespy is sweet! No need for bots if you have this. I can't wait to check out Halo tomorrow on my brand new HDTV!

Who released info on halo 1.5. it is just a rumor but that will be the only, official way for halo can go online. it is also said to add a crapload of multiplayer stuff
    Last edited by cyclaud; 02-18-2002 at 05:15 PM.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by cyclaud
    Who released info on halo 1.5. it is just a rumor but that is the only official way halo can go online. it is also said to add a crapload of multiplayer stuff
    Not sure, but, we will see what happens Most likely, this summer.

bust a nut

as a new xbox fan, i know i may sound retarded asking this question. what the hell is bots??

Bots r the AI in multiplayer matchs(the people that try to kill u) . They r called that and as in other games such as unreal, golden eye, serious sam etc.

this is a little off subject but Maximus you said that there will be no chance of lag on the microsoft multiplayer system... why is that?

Default Cyclaud is wrong

Cyclaud is completely wrong! think about having grunts in oh lets say blood gulch, could you imagine. it would be too much like single player. and that would suck.
    There is no one who can stop the Mau, I fear it will destroy us all.
    -Drexx

Originally posted by Maximus
    Dude, Halo on Gamespy is sweet! No need for bots if you have this. I can't wait to check out Halo tomorrow on my brand new HDTV!
    **** you!!!!! On the bright side, when I take you on, you'll be able to see your dead Halo guy clearer.

Originally posted by Maximus

hey dont go bragging about it ahhhhhhh

god i need msn broadband to come to my area now ****** nowwwwww
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Default Re: Cyclaud is wrong

Originally posted by animo47
    Cyclaud is completely wrong! think about having grunts in oh lets say blood gulch, could you imagine. it would be too much like single player. and that would suck.
    I'll be nice since you are new . Bots would not be grunts, they would people fellow master chiefs it would be like playing a buddy but it is the computer.

A bot simulates another human player. They have all the same abilty as you and can only do things you can do. They are limited in everyway just like you. Bots can also be programmed to play team games and ctf via nav points. Bots can be told to camp, cover, and defend (any role any one can do). If you wanna know what a bot is play:

Unreal tournament

I feel these bots do the best to act like a human if tweaked properly.

The reason bots are not in halo is because there wasnt enough time. Halo 1.5 is just a prayer as of now. Im pretty sure bungies man focus is on Halo 2 and Halo PC release.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Exclamation Grunts are the same thing

If you take a look at halo you will realize that the elites and master chief are the same thing, only with different skins. i understand why Bungie didnt put bots in, there were actually two reasons 1. not enough time as you said 2. not enough space to add an entirely new system of AI. you see Bots in halo would be great i just think that they couldnt be put in the original game due to the amount of space on the disc, in other words they didnt want to sacrafice a level or two just to have bots. and in my own opinion bots would suck anyway, humans are more fun.
    -Drexx

Animo47 is disagreeing because HE IS THE FRIEND WHO SAYS THIS BULL**** ABOUT BOTS.

you will all see when bungie makes the mistake of putting bots in halo 1.5. then u will all bow to your master!

P.S. i know where you live cyclaud. nad now everyone will know about you batman pj's!
    -Drexx

i bet you can really tell the future there buddy we tried to be nice to ya then you got all mad and flammed us when you were wrong. so you should probably admit defeat and stop flamming. THat wont make you friends in the forum

Wondering Around

First off, the guys over at Bungie already stated that Halo 1.5 doesn't exist on anything other than somebodies brain. They said something along the lines of it would be nice and theres always the possibility, but there isn't anything in the works right now. We can always hope that the next installment of Halo will have all the missing features that make FPS's so fun.

and enough bickering already. Just have fun on the boards.

Thread Information