Thread: There is no Homestation

Default There is no Homestation

It was a rumor, be happy you didnt wait for one

Homestation Denied
    Hidden Content
    About the same amount of power as an xbox....

Yeah, wizkid, I read the same article. Looks like that analyst should have kept his mouth shut when he made the claim that ol Bill was trying to develop this thing! Hmm, I wonder if he still has his job? lol.

From what Ive been reading the Sony is still planning on coming out with something similar to the homestation, so I wouldnt be surprised if we see it a year down the road.

For those of you who seem worried about it, why? If both will play xbox games then there is no need to get the homestation unless you want to do all that multimedia etc.
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

Microsoft was interested in ``some of the longer-term ideas, but there's no product called that,'' Brewer said.
    So it won't be called Homestation. Doesn't mean that it or something like it won't come out. They denied it like they deny anything that hasn't been officially announced. They denied it the first time a rumor of 'Homestation' came about. My gosh, look at how many times GTA3 for xbox has been denied.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

i still doubt anything of that nature is coming, they are gonna focus on xbox online and all the **** to download to fill up your hard drive, i even hear the DOA3 update will be available for download
    Hidden Content
    About the same amount of power as an xbox....

Do you think there is only one person working on xbox stuff over at MS?

For one thing, the DOA3 stuff is done out of house and not by MS. You are right that they probably are focusing alot of attention on xbox online right now but the homestation really wasn't/isn't part of the xbox devision. That was supposed to be a home entertainment hub being built by the same folks doing the Tivo stuff.

My guess is that it probably isn't coming out as soon as they hoped, mucho delays, and hence the denial since they probably are revamping the whole project. Just a guess.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

They've already announced their Freestyle strategy, which is similar to the Homestation. They've killed the Ultimate TV PVR, which the Freestyle will likely envelope anyway.

All-In-One entertainment hubs are coming. They'll start to be available by Q4 2002. Whether MS has one ready or not by then is still up to speculation.

Thread Information