Thread: More hands-on: Xbox 360—the games

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Default More hands-on: Xbox 360—the games

Joystiq.com have had the opportunity to play some of the XBOX 360 titles. The list of games includes:
    Call of Duty 2
    Condemned: Criminal Origins
    Dead or Alive 4
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Kameo: Elements of Power
    King Kong
    NBA Live 06
    Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    If you are planning on purchasing any of these titles then you might want to check it out.

link

Nice find.... Thanks for that, I'll take that into account

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Yup that was one of the gents at the NYC event I went to. At least now you can see what it looked like inside. He was so afraid to take some pics.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

hmm, his review, along with lynx (who was also atthe event, from whati understand) seem to agree in some areas. Non of those reviews were in depth (joystiq) but he said he would go into greater detail. What bothers me is the anology for the future of gaming that he presented towards the end of the article.

(given: Anology is the weakest form of argument)

The philosophy of Gaming.

Apperantly getting an old bike thats repainted, got's new tires, and new handlin', and performs better, is unsatisfactory. IMO, thats a better bike he received, even though he's received it before. So my question is, if the new bike that outperforms the old bike doesnt satisfy, then what does he want to do? take up pogo sticking? The genres of videogaming are set, and robust and fun at that. You dont need a katamri or a pikmin in every game. Sometimes you just wanna hear a story, sometimes you just wanna wave a sword. The future of gaming doesnt have to nessecitate a remote with a gyroscope in it. So i say, bring on the hardware revolution. Let the games be themselves, and if your tired of them, take up biking.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCovenant-XBA
    Apperantly getting an old bike thats repainted, got's new tires, and new handlin', and performs better, is unsatisfactory. IMO, thats a better bike he received, even though he's received it before. So my question is, if the new bike that outperforms the old bike doesnt satisfy, then what does he want to do? take up pogo sticking? The genres of videogaming are set, and robust and fun at that. You dont need a katamri or a pikmin in every game. Sometimes you just wanna hear a story, sometimes you just wanna wave a sword. The future of gaming doesnt have to nessecitate a remote with a gyroscope in it. So i say, bring on the hardware revolution. Let the games be themselves, and if your tired of them, take up biking.
    Well Said.

Also if you read through some of the posts they are f****** ridiculous. Many of the people actually oppose themselves in the same paragraph while trying to bash the 360.

I think the main problem is, they expected something like the coming of jesus (wich by all rights the launch of the 360 may actually be) and in there opinion get charley manson at their front doorstep.

These people are stupid, and if they don't go for what is apperantly JUST the new innovative material and hardware of gaming they can just shove it and "go take up biking"

Did someone say biking. I love biking. Just bring it on.

my xboxes is loud? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Serg_w
    Did someone say biking. I love biking. Just bring it on.
    Is that you!?
    hi!

Oh man this is nerve racking.

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Xboxfreakkid
    Is that you!?

Are you kidding me? That's not me man. I am afraid of heights. hahaha But thanks for asking. No those where some picture I like from off of this web site.

interesting, thanks for sharin it with us
    Last edited by Jackyboy; 10-13-2005 at 06:01 PM.

Thread Information