Thread: xbox network

Question xbox network

When it launchs will u need a computer in ur room. i have the connection but not the location

Actually when the x-box goes online I dont think you need a computer in your room just an phone cord. To connect into your x-box. And when you get the internet connection like, they might have the internet on a cd you can like install to the x-box. It will coast a lot. Or maybe it will be a monthly fee. Anyway, Myself I cant wait.

Fear, I know your dumb, (talking about your 9/11 thread) but dont get your facts right! YOu can not connect you xbox to the net with a phone cord! You MUST have a Cat-5 cable.
    But anyway, no u will not need a pc in the room. From what i hear u the software will be built right into the game...so u put in the game and go to multiplayer and then there should be a "play on the net" or something to that affect option. Hope that helps!

And P.S.: Fear under your name, for your rank (I think thats what it is called), it says your an hardcore addict. Well what exactly are u addicted to. I mean all your post are stupid! What drugs u on boy?

Starving College Student

noob fight!
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thumbs down

ya, fear_this is pretty g a y!
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

lol whats wez got is an old fashion flamin up in hea!

When it launchs will u need a computer in ur room. i have the connection but not the location

By the way, I am in a similliar situation. My pc is upstairs and my xbox is downstairs so in order play online (via gamespy) I had to by 85 ft. of phone wire, I mean Cat-5 cable, and run it downstiars! I know it sounds like a lot but...it is worth it! Halo via gamespy is AWESOME!!!

Originally posted by fear_this
    Actually when the x-box goes online I dont think you need a computer in your room just an phone cord. To connect into your x-box. And when you get the internet connection like, they might have the internet on a cd you can like install to the x-box. It will coast a lot. Or maybe it will be a monthly fee. Anyway, Myself I cant wait.

* JJaX Smacks himself in head with rock

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by xtopia

By the way, I am in a similliar situation. My pc is upstairs and my xbox is downstairs so in order play online (via gamespy) I had to by 85 ft. of phone wire, I mean Cat-5 cable, and run it downstiars! I know it sounds like a lot but...it is worth it! Halo via gamespy is AWESOME!!!
    D a m n straight, Xtopia!! Dude! My buddy was chatting with you primarily last night while you and I were both on Gamespy! His screen name, while playing Halo, is "Jedi" and mine is "Maniac". Dude! I will be on tonight! I can't believe that you couldn't join a game that I hosted!

By the way, if you have a difficult time trying to find a room by name title, simply click the green area above where it lists the names of the games. It will sort them in alphabetical order...so, if I make a room called "Seattle Slayer" (Which I normally do), then, simply scroll down the the letter "S" and it will be in there

It similar to how you sort by ping, but, instead sort by room. Know what I mean?

Dude!!! Last night, I got to play for the first time on my brand spaanking new Widescreen HDTV!! Oh man! The clarity is so utterly brilliant and I can see more action due to the widescreen!

My buddy and I kicked so much ass last night that it almost brought a tear to my eye....oh wait, maybe that was a spot of beer that flopped out after chugging one down so d a m n fast Either way, it was awesome!!!

And, yes, Gamespy + Halo is the best gaming experience I have ever had! My other 9 games are sitting on the shelf and have for a month now! .......Well, almost...I have had a chance to throw in a game or two of NFL Fever and finally got to try out Oddworld

Originally posted by Maximus

Well, almost...I have had a chance to throw in a game or two of NFL Fever and finally got to try out Oddworld
    You should have thown Fever out the dayum window.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The way that the on-line forum will work this summer, hosted by Microsoft (Not referring to Gamespy) is that all you need to have is broadband. With a standard CAT 5 cable connected to the broadband modem, simply connect the other end to your XBox. No need for a computer...just a straight connection from your modem to your XBox. That's it!

Some games will be dedicated to on-line, others won't but will have the option.

If the game is dedicated to on-line gaming only, the moment you shove in the disc, WHAMO!!! You are launched to the on-line forum

If the game has the capability of going on-line, but is not strictly on-line...you simply will have to make a selection on the menu (like you do in any game), but, they will include an option like "on-line" or something similar. Simply make the selection and...WHAMO!!! You are on-line

Thread Information