There are far more half-assed gamers than there are hardcore gamers. I don't have any statistics, but, from what I have seen, many people that come into the electronics store that I work part-time at don't even know all the options on the gaming console they own.

I mean, just last night a dude came in looking at XBox games and didn't even know that he had a hard-drive on his XBox! Yeah!!! No joke! The dude said that he is not a "computer techy" and didn't know what the hard-drive was for...he figured it was just some electronic device that operated the XBox! I wonder what the inside of his head looks like! Probably not much there

But, anyway...after I explained it, he just about bolted out of the store to get home and check out all of the things that I mentioned, including ripping your own music to Amped and PGR (two games that he owned and loved...but, didn't know about the music option).

I used this example to illustrate that there are a lot of uninformed gamers out there and I usually reference them as half-assed gamers. It's hard to imagine this unless you work at an electronics store. I can safely say that 9 out of 10 gamers that come in have no idea what the XBox is capable of....and even what the competition can do! It's crazy to even think of this as being possible especially since there are so many HUGE gamers on this site!

Your thoughts?