Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Dark Impressions

Default Perfect Dark Impressions

These quotes are taken from IGN.

"It's a shame that this game is getting pushed out at launch when it clearly could have used more time polishing and tuning."

"I've been most impressed by the co-op mode"

"My only qualm so far is that the second level requires a certain amount of stealth, yet there is really no stealth engine to speak of."

"go to a cutscene and suddenly there is texture pop-in and frame drops. W + T + F?"

"What do I really think so far? PDZ is good so far, but it's not hammering in the next generation in a striking new fashion."

Jeremys Cliffs: The game did not live up to the hype.

I agree. Early on, I was going to get PDZ and maybe PGR3 later. But based on what I have seen, it might just be the other way around. I need my FPS fix for the 360, but CoD2 only has 8 people online. I'll wait until I see a full review before I make a descision.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Tell 'em Doc Steel sent ya!

i told u guys it was gonna be crap
    God, I Love A Happy Ending: And They All Lived Happily Ever After, Except For The Prince, Who Died 3 Weeks Later Of Hepatitis B

Quote Originally Posted by Jags
    i told u guys it was gonna be crap
    Overestimated mabye. Crap no. It will probably be in the top3 release games. In no way is this game crap...

Who said it's crap? They said it wasn't perfect, that it could've used more time.

ok iv played it and it looks kinda "eugh" na'mean?
    God, I Love A Happy Ending: And They All Lived Happily Ever After, Except For The Prince, Who Died 3 Weeks Later Of Hepatitis B

Yea your right. This screen is nothing special its just "ok, mediocore, nothing special."

not talking about the graphics fool
    talking about the game as a whole the gameplay didnt agree with me it wasnt the kind of first person shooter i would like

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

This kind of frusterates me....because it's the only launch game that I am likely going to buy. I mean, nearly $500 later (after taxes, etc) by getting the system and the game...and likely a second controller (could be more than $500), I really don't want this game to blow ass.

Oh well...atleast I can play Halo in high res...

My folks purchased Moto GP3 for my birthday...so, I guess I can screw around with that for a while.

What frusterates me most is that Microsoft has made sure this game has stayed out of the lime light until last second. That kinda worries me...

I see a ban in your future.
    Last edited by Ford Mustang; 11-19-2005 at 08:38 PM.

ok before we all jump to conclusions. What ninjermy posted was pretty much just the bad comments for the game. If you all actually go to IGN.com and look at the article for the game, you'd see that there are a ton more good comments than bad ones.
    Last edited by George89; 11-19-2005 at 01:27 PM.

Welp , just saw the movie from Gamespoit. to say I was disappointed is not even close to wha tI felt, I was totally amazed how bad the graphics was (worse then DOOM one..) and the gameplay , weko another medicore FPS.///check it out..
    (C A T A S TH ROPE! )

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    Welp , just saw the movie from Gamespoit. to say I was disappointed is not even close to wha tI felt, I was totally amazed how bad the graphics was (worse then DOOM one..) and the gameplay , weko another medicore FPS.///check it out..
    (C A T A S TH ROPE! )
    The graphics were worse than Doom 1. Shut up and go away
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Tell 'em Doc Steel sent ya!

F*** Ign. I've actually played Perfect Dark Zero and absolutely loved it. Even though it was an older, unfinished build, it was still awesome. Take it from a gamer, not a publication: Perfect Dark Zero has lived up to the hype (and then some). This game will dominate Xbox Live. It's one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Christ you guys are hard to please... wanting like the perfect game. Launch games are always rushed and sloppy due to time restraints, doesn't make them bad.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

today there is no such thing as first wave of games, things are rushed out and so...
    this is because today programs *Maya, and so..* give the programers *(designers..) to see what a system can do from day one, SO what you see today is what you will get in the following years...

you can see that very well in the current Xbox, nothing changed much since the launch games..

Truth is there is no guarantee that games later in the lifecycle of a console will be any better than a launch game. Look at some of the absolute crap coming out lately for the ole Xbox. Hard to believe after 4 years of time spent with the hw these devs haven't improved on what came out day one. But I am hoping Gears of War will change all of that on this system. Please dear God don't let Gears of War be another Brute Force.
    Last edited by hebgbz; 11-19-2005 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags
    hmmm ye..HOLY **** A TRUCK JUST ****ING SMASH INTO A CAR
    **** ME I SEE IT FROM ME WINDOW
    what the hell is this guy on??
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-XBA
    what the hell is this guy on??
    look at his avatar numnuts

I have played the game and it's alright. It has ben hyped too much though. Oh well, maybe the games will get better.

This is MY HOME

Thread Information