Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chance of getting my 360 on launch?

Default Chance of getting my 360 on launch?

Hello everyone I pre ordered Xbox 360 Premium Pack at EB games back in september and I am getting it before Dec 15th But I already got 3 games Kameo, Condemned and PGR 3 so I have no point in waiting. I did NOT cancle my pre order yet as I am keeping it in back up, I have best buy and toys r us right next to each other and it takes me to get there like 15 mins. I called up my Best Buy they getting 100+ 360s and Toys Rus 30+ 360s at SAME PLACE they're right next to each other. On tuesday I am going to wake up at 7:30 AM and be there at 8:30. At 9 AM Toys Rus opens up and 10 AM Best Buy opens up. What are my chances of getting a 360?

pretty good id say

More opinions would be nice (Thx jacky)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I would show up earlier. Last year, I camped outside at 5:00pm the day before and the store opened up at 8:00am. Yes, I was first in line, but, at Midnight, there were atleast 20 people there. At 6:00am, there were over 100 people. Then, we come to find out that the store only had 30 consoles...so, I don't know, man...other than show up earlier.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

I would have to say out of 100% and 100% say that you are getting it with no problem i would have to say about 75% from what my xbox360 calculator says. You go Savage-360 oh and welcome to xboxaddict.com. Where all your Xbox and xbox360 wishes come true.

Coolz thanks guys (Always takes more suggestions/opinions)

Well the earliest I might be there would prolly be 8 Oclock AM

Well anyway Serg you getting xbox 360? Once ima get it Ima add you to my Xbox live friends

Quote Originally Posted by Savage-360
    Coolz thanks guys (Always takes more suggestions/opinions)

Well the earliest I might be there would prolly be 8 Oclock AM

Well anyway Serg you getting xbox 360? Once ima get it Ima add you to my Xbox live friends

Thanks man that is the nicest thing anyone has every said to me. I feel like crying: cry: ok Serg pull your self together. Yes I will be getting the xbox360. I have it pre-ordered in Wisconsin why you say that you question is because I am going away next week Thursday to get it. Yep I am only going to Wisconsin for one week to get the xbox360 people say I am crazy I say thanks. hahahaha

Yes you do add me to your friends list and anyone else who feels like adding me do so I am a good person to play with. When I am winning

8:30 gives you a really good chance of getting one. In my experience, 80% of those willing to even show up by opening will arrive in the last 20 minutes before opening.

It was particularily smart to find out how many consoles each store will be getting that morning, since now you can count those in line at toysrus and if need be, shift over to the BB lineup, and you'll beat anyone who walks into toysrus and gets turned down.

You would also be wise to call and check if they're setting any rules as to the # of consoles / person. If toysrus is willing to give several to a single customer, then counting heads might not work out too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg_w-XBA
    I would have to say out of 100% and 100% say that you are getting it with no problem i would have to say about 75% from what my xbox360 calculator says. You go Savage-360 oh and welcome to xboxaddict.com. Where all your Xbox and xbox360 wishes come true.
    I wish for a xbox 360 to magically fly into my house on november 22.

Quote Originally Posted by SH4MR0CK
    I wish for a xbox 360 to magically fly into my house on november 22.
    Sorry xboxaddict.com is good but not that good. hahaha

your doing the same thing im doing im gonna keep my preorder that is expected to get to me sometime before xmas and im gonna try to get one on launch as well but it sounds you got a better chance than me. Heres my chances 1 walmart opening up at midnight has 10 xboxs to sell in a town of 100,000 people im goin there at like 9-10 but I dont think Il be able to get one but its worth a try.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The place I'm buying mine has exactly 10 XBox 360s in stock...sitting in back waiting for the morning of the 22nd. This is one of the only places in my area that absolutely does not accept pre-orders...so, camping in line is the only way. Everywhere else, the console is completely sold out...months ago. Yep, it's going to be a long ass night...

Ah...the prices we pay to be gamers...

XBA's Kiwi Counterpart Slam Dunker's Avatar

If you're really serious about the 360 then camp out side the shop with a friend overnight. Could have some good fun

If not then just hope for the best - good luck for getting it on launch

Quote Originally Posted by Slam Dunker
    If you're really serious about the 360 then camp out side the shop with a friend overnight. Could have some good fun

If not then just hope for the best - good luck for getting it on launch
    LOL just wat i was gonna say
    God, I Love A Happy Ending: And They All Lived Happily Ever After, Except For The Prince, Who Died 3 Weeks Later Of Hepatitis B

Does anyone got any more tips for me??? Its already sunday !

I dunno man. I am pissed. I was number 24th on the list for my xbox. Eb called and said there only getting 22. He said if i wait ill def. get one first week of december and he also said its a chance ill get it friday if 2 people dont pick theres up. I dont want to wait!!!!!!!!! Me and my friend are going to best buy at 3:30 in the morn to get it. Were taking tons of food and munchies to stay awake. It opens at 8 am . So imma get my money from eb once i get it from best buy.

being a gamer is a dangerous job!

I think ur best bet is to go to toys r us cuz i dont think adults rly think to go there and buy it, man thats wher im getting mine tmrw... **** i rly think u will b able to get it there its alot better chance then best buy cuz i dont think that toys r us pre orders...

well thats what i thinkl

drive by the place at midnight. if there are people camping, join them. Thats my plan. Shopko... otherwise 5:30 am-ish... it opens at 8. no clue how many. I know our wallmart is getting 14. but shopko i dont know. probably 3

edit: yeah bestbuy didnt preorder either. Just count em when ya get there.
    Last edited by killerscott; 11-20-2005 at 03:51 AM.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

im gonna go to the midnight opening of walmart to get my360 core.
    ill get there an hour or so early, i think ill be able to snatch one

---dont wase money on the core system no hard drive

Thread Information