Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 Dollar games = Lick my 8===D

Default 60 Dollar games = Lick my 8===D

I just realized this..they are making the games 60 ****ing dollars.Why?

Just to be douche bags? I think so. **** the 360.

Yeah I'm sure there are threads about this already but I think it is so cheap of them to do this.

Don't buy them. Problem solved.

my xboxes is loud? :s

**** is right. I have to pay 70 dollars CANADIAN + Taxes for Need for speed Most Douched. WTF!? Microsoft is really pushing it.....
    hi!

Dont you guys remember the days when you were paying $60-$80 for cartridge based games? Game development costs are going up. It takes more people, more technology, and more time to make the games we see fit to spend our money on. Don't whine, prices can't stay the same, take an economics class.

my xboxes is loud? :s

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidX-XBA
    Dont you guys remember the days when you were paying $60-$80 for cartridge based games? Game development costs are going up. It takes more people, more technology, and more time to make the games we see fit to spend our money on. Don't whine, prices can't stay the same, take an economics class.
    The highest i ever remember paying for a game was 70 dollars for a Mario Party 3 game... N64! i never regreted it....
    hi!

I used to pay 69.99 for xbox games, I don't mind that much paying 69.99 for 360 games...

You are sadly misinformed kid who totals cars.

dude is that as i lay dying in ur sig.? ^^^^^
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

Chilling in Antarctica Sleazy P Martini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMX
    Nope. Asteroids for the Atari 2600 sold for $70 CAD in 1982. I also remember some N64 games being as high as $90 - 100 CAD.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure Platinum Hits will return for the economically challenged.

ive been paying 69.99 for new releases here in canada for games for a LONG LONG time so theres no big change here.... besides, games have always been over priced
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

You are sadly ignorant of the facts.... I remember the average NES game costing $69.99 to $79.99 canadian, and that was way back..... I'd hate to think what those games would be with inflation.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Master of Pong

You should take an economics class. CD albums still cost the same as cassettes did 12 years ago. Technology does not scale with the economy, it often dips below it. Mid-level electronics today are cheaper than they were in the past.

If you knew anything about economics you would know that as the consumer base increases, the cost per unit can contract while the production expenses expand.

Now quit being mean and go back to class.

Quote Originally Posted by swivel
    You should take an economics class. CD albums still cost the same as cassettes did 12 years ago.
    But does it really? Does inflation mean anything to you? Twenty bucks 12 years ago isn't the same as twenty bucks today. So technically if they were to cost the same, they would be around $30 now Electronics are cheaper these days.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Repin' the ATL

pgr 3 was 50.00

i got perfect dark zero and it was only 49.99
    Hidden Content
    thanks laughs for the sig
    real join date- jan 2002
    vist my space here Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If you knew anything about economics you would know that as the consumer base increases, the cost per unit can contract while the production expenses expand.
    Right...so anyone care to remind me how big the Xbox 360 customer base is right now?

I think there might be a reason why xbox games have dropped from the initial $50-60 (that everyone inevitably complained about then) to their current price.

All that being said, I think the real injustice is the cheap "up-generationed" ports like NFS and the sports titles receiving a price increase over their nearly identical brethren on the other consoles.

You should take an economics class. CD albums still cost the same as cassettes did 12 years ago. Technology does not scale with the economy, it often dips below it. Mid-level electronics today are cheaper than they were in the past.

Now quit being mean and go back to class.
    It's a fact that games are costing more and more to make. Go Google game development costs... this is the first story that came up.

"Current development budgets for an A-list title average around $5 million, Doak said. For the upcoming consoles, "I expect the minimum will be two to three times the current costs," he said."

They have to raise prices. Even if we argue games should be cheaper cause more people buy them, are 2-3 times more people buying them with the 360 compared tot he Xbox? Besides, you can't really compare midlevel digital cameras, DVD players, or computers to games. The main reason these get cheaper is that eventually it starts costing the companies less to produce them, thats why high level becomes mid-level. Making games doesn't get cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Macaroni
    dude is that as i lay dying in ur sig.? ^^^^^
    That it is.

But back to the debate at hand. Something still tells me there is no reason to make games 60 dollars other than for the reason of ripping us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Go420Dawgs
    pgr 3 was 50.00
    the reason why it was 50.00 is because games (like pgr3 and pd0) are first party microsoft games all third party titles will be 59.99.

I just realized this..they are making the games 60 ****ing dollars.Why?

Just to be douche bags? I think so. **** the 360.

Yeah I'm sure there are threads about this already but I think it is so cheap of them to do this.
    WOW ur a bit retarded arnt u?
    the xbox 360 is half a grand and ur complaining about a messly 70?
    if ur hardcore enough to pay 500 bucks for the 360 u better damn well be ready to pay a small fee of 70 for some quality games
    i payed $85 for my GTA san andreas ON THE PS2 and that was 1 month AFTER release
    70 bucks is nothin for a next gen game
    God, I Love A Happy Ending: And They All Lived Happily Ever After, Except For The Prince, Who Died 3 Weeks Later Of Hepatitis B

Thread Information