Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60 Dollar games = Lick my 8===D

yeah, i only paid $50 for perfect dark zero so i don't know what you are talking about..

Well you obviuosly have no idea how the industry works, so don't buy a system and the games. Problem solved.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidX-XBA
    It's a fact that games are costing more and more to make. Go Google game development costs... this is the first story that came up.

"Current development budgets for an A-list title average around $5 million, Doak said. For the upcoming consoles, "I expect the minimum will be two to three times the current costs," he said."

They have to raise prices. Even if we argue games should be cheaper cause more people buy them, are 2-3 times more people buying them with the 360 compared tot he Xbox? Besides, you can't really compare midlevel digital cameras, DVD players, or computers to games. The main reason these get cheaper is that eventually it starts costing the companies less to produce them, thats why high level becomes mid-level. Making games doesn't get cheaper.
    The best place to learn about these things is economics classes, lectures, books, etc. Repeating to me the swill that the industry spits out doesn not do it for a convincing argument.

The reason companies are willing to spend 5 million on development costs is because they will sell over a million titles. Have you noticed how nobody credits recording artists for going 'gold' anymore? Now they are 'platinum' artists. Which is why record prices have not had to go up, even though costs have gone up due to increased salaries, commissions, and payoffs to artists.

I'm not going to hammer my point too much here. You can either desire knowledge and seek out the truth for yourself, or you can take the easier path of trusting the information that comes from the people you hand your money to.

INFLATION DAMNIT! Games are less now, than they ever were!

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dbrizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Xboxfreakkid
    **** is right. I have to pay 70 dollars CANADIAN + Taxes for Need for speed Most Douched. WTF!? Microsoft is really pushing it.....
    You mean to tell you that you actually paid for one of your games!?

my xboxes is loud? :s

^^ I pay for all of them
    hi!

my xboxes is loud? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Go420Dawgs
    pgr 3 was 50.00
    Currency difference in the U.S and canada
    hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Jags
    WOW ur a bit retarded arnt u?
    the xbox 360 is half a grand and ur complaining about a messly 70?
    if ur hardcore enough to pay 500 bucks for the 360 u better damn well be ready to pay a small fee of 70 for some quality games
    i payed $85 for my GTA san andreas ON THE PS2 and that was 1 month AFTER release
    70 bucks is nothin for a next gen game
    You paid 85 dollers for a gta game u might wanna go find a proctolagist. cause u were bent over son.
    Hidden Content
    mad props to BullseyeWTF for the siggy!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

wow, does nobody research ANYTHING before posting anymore, I've been gone for a long time, but there used to be halfway intelligent people here.

1st Party Titles (e.g. PD0 and PGR3) are $49.99 US
    Most other titles are $59.99 US

For the guy *****ing about $70 CDN, where the **** were you when Xbox came out and games were $74.99, are you handicapped? With the wicked exchange rate, 360 launch games are CHEAPER than Xbox launch games, even though they are more expensive in USD, grow a brain!

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by laughs-XBA
    INFLATION DAMNIT! Games are less now, than they ever were!
    Agree. As they should be.

Games will not long stay at $60. I think Microsoft is probing us, much as the local gas stations do. It has a lot to do with being the only next-gen system right now. If the PS3 was out, and when it does arrive, we will have competition to reign prices back in.

I love the games that are above-par and yet below-price, like the Ratchet and Clank series that always came out at $39.99. That's how devs should do it.

Especially the sports games that build on old technology. Madden for $50 every year for mostly a roster update is robbery. Complicit robbery, but theft nonetheless.

Repin' the ATL

I paid 60 for pd0 but thats only because i got the limited edition one. And the black metal case is oh so nice. Cant wait to put those PD0 skins on the menu blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe
    1st Party Titles (e.g. PD0 and PGR3) are $49.99 US
    Most other titles are $59.99 US
    thank you for repeting what i said earlier today.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SH4MR0CK
    thank you for repeting what i said earlier today.

.. your welcome?

Guys please chill out with the personal attacks. Thanks.

Thread Information