Thread: cool xbox add on

Smile cool xbox add on

http://www.hardocp.com/articles/xbox_h20/index.html

check it out! this is pretty cool!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Even after many consecutive hours of game playing on my XBox, I have never noticed that it was so hot that it needed a water cooling system. Personally, I think that this is an "inventiion" similar to what you will find on one of those "As Seen On TV" ads. I don't buy into it

Let me guess... is it $19.95?
    Last edited by Maximus; 02-21-2002 at 11:29 AM.

Whats next a goldberg invention.

hit light switch, mouse eats cheese, bowling ball runs into power button type s4it?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

it would be useful if you could overclock the XBOX, although i don't know why you would have to, all the games are tailor-maded for XBOX specs. So, verdict is this: seems kind of useless

Yeah that is what I was thinking and then you will notice in the pics that his xbox is sitting on that file cabinet deal....that takes up even more space....I wouldn't imagine opening up my xbox and running water through it Kinda scarry! I could see my self trying to explain what happened when trying to return it!

water cooled, rubbish

thats what i say anyway

wu

Hidden Content I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. Hidden Content

Water cooling is not that bad. But it is intended for more powerful processors, P4's and the really fast athlons, to keep the processor cooler than a normal heatsink and fan would do. Although there is no need for water cooling the xbox. I'm sure its plent cool inside there. I don't know why anyone, besides those nuts, would water cool their xbox.

Why put extra cooling on something that doesn't overheat as is? It is just stupid.

Now watercooling an OC'ed pc is a different story but for your xbox? Pulease.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

batman46st

Default too too much

one why would u do that itsa waste of time. two i would fck up my xbox so bad is not even funny. three i really dont wanna

What if U forget to turn on the water cooler before U turn your Xbox U might have a damaged processor on your hands. I wonder if the Xbox Pentium has the throttle down feature so it won't kill itself. Maybe it just crashes like the P3. I think that the only real advantage if U could actually call it that, would be that there would be no fan noise provided U water cool the GPU as well. Except that they left the case fan in anyways. I guess if they find a way to overclock the Xbox via software or soldering then water cooling would be useful.

What a coincidence.....

This was posted on the homepage last week!!!!!

And now it is being discussed in the forums, hence the idea of discussing xbox related items in an xbox related forum.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

grrrrr....

Thread Information