Thread: Gamestop local preorders not delivering !!

Default Gamestop local preorders not delivering !!

Dear Forum,

I wanted to personally tell you of my gamestop preorder expierance (pardon mispellings)..... A couple days after the xbox 360 went up on the gamestop.com site I went down to my local gamestop which we've only had for a few months here and placed my preorder for the system on 8-26. As of this time, the system was advertised shipping on 11/22 on the website with everyone ordering being in the 1st batch shipped. Gamestop.com was full of inventory, with nothing shown out of stock and everything ready to go. As you know, about a month later preorders where stopped, and later on reopened for a 2nd shipment ordering status. My order being placed on 8-26 was well before the i think 11-10 cutoff date for 1st shipment status.

Well, after all these months I called the local store today to see how my order was coming along and they told me my xbox wouldnt be here till the 2nd shipment !!!!! I almost passed out, I did turn red, and did hang up the phone... only to get online and hop over to gamestop.com to find its corporate information so that I could get this mistake fixed fast. After calling the # provided on the gamestop site, I was directed to #1 to talk to someone about their local stores. The person answering, I didn't get his name .. was so frustrated I didn't even ask .. after hearing my problem explained that ordering from a local gamestop store was not the same as ordering from gamestop itself. The advertised shipping dates that the corporation, and everyone that ordered directly from the gamestop.com site were guaranteed are not guaranteed on orders placed at local stores.

Now, I sit here.. the day before the xbox360 ships, with a nearly 4month old preorder.. that I could have placed on any online site, or with many local retailers... but chose gamestop, and in store pickup delivery only 15miles from my house to be xboxless come tomorrow. What makes it even worse is that people that ordered AFTER me, are now receiving their xbox's while I sit here with none.

I have began filling out fraud forms online and encourage anyone that has had the same expierance to do the same. Below I will provide 2 of the online reporting sites which I have already used and i'm still looking for more sites to file my complaint on. I just wonder how many poor saps ordering from their local gamestop stores have had this happen to them.

If anyone is having the same problem, please make a post as I feel this is great class action lawsuit material.

Sincerely,

Jamie D. Folds

National Fraud Information Center
    http://www.fraud.org/info/contactnfic.htm

Internet Fraud Complaint Center
    http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Sucks to hear man.

A lawsuit... ummm....

Uhh, guy, the same thing happened to me. I really don't care. You are going to lose the lawsuit because no one ever said you would or should be getting it on the first shipment. A national website is different from a local store. I'm frustrated, too. But if you sue them, you would lose. Sorry.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Tell 'em Doc Steel sent ya!

They'll have had countless disclaimers saying they don't have to deliver on the console until 13/32/2099, so lawsuits are out of the question. The best thing you can do is file a complaint where you can (the BBB is a good place to start), and never shop there again. Perhaps next time they won't be so popular, and won't be able to make enough promises to screw people over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedNine
    They'll have had countless disclaimers saying they don't have to deliver on the console until 13/32/2099, so lawsuits are out of the question. The best thing you can do is file a complaint where you can (the BBB is a good place to start), and never shop there again. Perhaps next time they won't be so popular, and won't be able to make enough promises to screw people over again.
    I think this is good advice.

Post the amount of money you lose trying to sue for a stupid cause. Thanks.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

That sucks man. Though You know most people who got them preordered them in like march... And i know many who pre-ordered in july who wont get them till second shipment. Thats just how it goes. You shoulda camped.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

A lawsuit is pointless. The date they provided is an estimate, as I'm sure it says in the fine print.

Finally, your problem IS NOT with Gamestop. It's with Microsoft. Imagine you really liked Snickers candy bars. Now imagine it turns out that another nut other than peanuts are making it into their batch, thus giving people with nut allergies problems. So then Snickers has to stop production for a while on their faulty product.

So who would you complain to? Your local convenience store, who currently does not have Snickers bars because of this? Or would you complain to Snickers (or is it actually Mars Bars Inc.)?

Finally, with all the purported rumors of people having problems with their Xbox360s, would you rather have a rushed out product that may potentially be more susceptible to damage, or one that comes out in a timely manner but is (hopefully) problem-free?
    He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, he is a Fool, Shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not, he is Simple, Teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, he is Asleep, Awaken him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, he is Wise, Follow him.

--Bruce Lee

Thread Information