Thread: Shaded, I need your help!

Default Shaded, I need your help!

Ok, i got the 360 and the VGA wires, i tested it on my projo and PC monitor. Wow my monitor blows the projo out of the sky. Anyway now that i know i'll be using my monitor, what resolution would you recommend me using? Here is my exact monitor.

http://www.emachines.com/products/pr...rod=eView_17f3

The different resolution choices are as follows.

VGA cables will give you six different resolution options: 640x480, 848x480, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768, and 1360x768. Component cables will give you 480p, 720p, and 1080i resolution choices. Games are actually rendered internally at 720p, and the ATI video engine scales the video up or down to the desired resolution.

So which res would you recomend me using for my monitor?

BTW it displays the games in letterbox, which is fine with me, even though its small as hell.

Next time use a PM please.

It's not only for him, its for others if they also know this kinda stuff.

This thread can also be used for other members sharing the same thoughts i have.

my xboxes is loud? :s

I'll need to know the answer for this... as I will use the VGA method... help a brufa out.... btw.. how do u change rez on a monitor (w/o hooking it to a computer?)
    hi!

I think it depends on your monitor.

Ghost, you'll want to use the VGA cable with 1280x1024.

Freakkid, you don't change the resolution on a monitor, the signal does. ie: the monitor, if it supports it, will change it's resolution to match the signal. That being said, non-crt displays (lcd, dlp, etc) have a fixed resolution, you can't change it. But said displays usually have the ability to accept a number of different resolutions as input, all of which will be scaled up or down to fit the monitor's.

Also, for anyone running the component video cable: it will likely prove to be worth an investment in something with a little less signal loss. I've noticed quite a few distortions as a result of the piss-poor cables that come with it. I don't know what the VGA cable is like, haven't gotten my hands on one yet, but that may be one option.

Shaded, another 2 questions.

I did it at 1280x1024 and the picture was good, but the screen got smaller. It like went from filling the whole monitor to being boxed up. I think you know what im talking about. Would it be ok if I used the adjustments on the front of the monitor to make the res fit the whole screen or would that distort the quality?

~AND~

Should i get this monitor: Mainly becuase it's maximum res is capable of 1080p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001068

or should i just stick with the one i have? I really do appreciate all your help man!
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-23-2005 at 12:14 PM.

Any resolutions beyond 1280x720 offer you nothing. The 360 can't output native 1080p, nothing but a computer can so far. That being said, you may want to get a larger monitor simply for the fact that it's larger...it's up to you.

It's strange that 1280x720 didn't fill the screen properly. You should have gotten either a letterbox image that fills the screen horizontally, or a full screen with a vertical stretch. If it's only a small ways off, say, less than an inch, then yes, you'll simply have to fill it using the adjustments. If it's off by more than that, you may not be able to. You'll also probably want to reduce the vertical size of the image so it's not so stretched. The neat thing with a CRT is, no matter what you do with moving and stretching the controls, the electron gun is still firing out at 1280x720, so it still looks good (if not warped) no matter how you change it. The same adjustment on an LCD monitor has to digitally scale to adjust an image that way (which is why LCDs usually have an auto-adjust, to match the image to the screen).

I never even read his responses, but Shaded!

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Thread Information