Thread: Too young eh?

Default Too young eh?

So I've been trying to recover my gamertag through my 360 in order to play on Live, but I've hit a few bumps along the way. Everytime I would try and connect it would give me a generic error message; then Salmy pointed out I had to link up my net passport with my XBL account, so I went online to do so. Now everytime I try and register it says "due to your age you are not permitted to start an xbox live account". Now this is understandable, since I won't be 18 for another 6 days, but even when I use my dads information and net passport to try and get it it says he's too young to activate an account. I spent over an hour on the phone with 1-800-4myxbox and still no resolution....so now I'm just sitting here trying to link up the two with no luck. Any idea's? Think it could be Xbox.com's fault? I already have a gamertag and live..that much is clear, so what gives?

I have had M$ do this to me before. Once you enter an birth date which makes you under 18, they somehow link it to your computer. I don't know if the link is permanent (I don't see how it could be), but if it's not, it's likely a cookie or an IP tracking thing. So clear your cookies and cache and if you have an internet connection that can change your IP when you re-logon (such as dialup or some types of DSL, check to see if u can), then try that. If those don't work, use a different computer since M$ can't trace u there, just make sure that you type in an age over 18 there.

Ya this should do it becouse when I made my gamer profile on xbox.com I put in my real info and it sed the same thing but I then deleted all my cookies and internet files and stuff and tried again and I was able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Static
    So I've been trying to recover my gamertag through my 360 in order to play on Live, but I've hit a few bumps along the way. Everytime I would try and connect it would give me a generic error message; then Salmy pointed out I had to link up my net passport with my XBL account, so I went online to do so. Now everytime I try and register it says "due to your age you are not permitted to start an xbox live account". Now this is understandable, since I won't be 18 for another 6 days, but even when I use my dads information and net passport to try and get it it says he's too young to activate an account. I spent over an hour on the phone with 1-800-4myxbox and still no resolution....so now I'm just sitting here trying to link up the two with no luck. Any idea's? Think it could be Xbox.com's fault? I already have a gamertag and live..that much is clear, so what gives?
    no no no
    i had the very same problem then i figured out wat was wrong
    see everytime i used to log into my msn (after making the gamer tag on xbox.com) it would give me a WEIRD msg when i clicked the "u have bla bla bla messages"
    i fixed that by figureing out that i was using jags6666@hotmail.com on my hotmail instead of jags5@hotmail.com (i used the jags6666 to make the gamer tag) and then changing it back so that jags5 was the dominant passport BUT then i couldnt sign into the xbox thing and i was like WAT THE **** so i thought about it and changed the thing to "ask for my net passport and password every time"
    u have to fiddle with it a little bit though

the explaination might be a bit confusing but
    God, I Love A Happy Ending: And They All Lived Happily Ever After, Except For The Prince, Who Died 3 Weeks Later Of Hepatitis B

my xboxes is loud? :s

^^ Very Confusing
    hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Xboxfreakkid
    ^^ Very Confusing
    God, I Love A Happy Ending: And They All Lived Happily Ever After, Except For The Prince, Who Died 3 Weeks Later Of Hepatitis B

hmm...well thats very confusing but I'll try to follow it and fix things haha, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Static
    hmm...well thats very confusing but I'll try to follow it and fix things haha, thanks!
    kk well tell me if it worked

Thread Information