Thread: Here at last....the news about it.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default Here at last....the news about it.

Microsoft reports Xbox 360 glitches

Some owners complained that their systems were crashing during game play, sometimes with error messages popping up.

On a site dedicated to Xbox gaming, a member called "jsgongwon" reported that he could not finish the first lap of "Project Gotham Racing 3."

"It's a few reports of consoles here and there not working properly," said Molly O'Donnell, a spokeswoman for Microsoft's Xbox division.

Source
    Last edited by Salmonaitor; 11-27-2005 at 03:58 PM.
    Back into the world of gaming.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow20002
    Microsoft reports Xbox 360 glitches

Some owners complained that their systems were crashing during game play, sometimes with error messages popping up.

On www.xbox-scene.com, a site dedicated to Xbox gaming, a member called "jsgongwon" reported that he could not finish the first lap of "Project Gotham Racing 3."

"It's a few reports of consoles here and there not working properly," said Molly O'Donnell, a spokeswoman for Microsoft's Xbox division.

Source

That figures and thanks for the post. It seems to happen on every console launch. That's why I chose to wait. Microsoft will offer all the people who holdout with price drops, free upgrades, etc. They are not worried about the people who bought the system at launch, they are going after people who never owned an Xbox or ones who have their doubts. I guarantee before the PS3 hits the shelves that Microsoft will be offering the people who waited great deals like getting free games with the system and other great deals. It pays to wait IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Gate
    That figures and thanks for the post. It seems to happen on every console launch. That's why I chose to wait. Microsoft will offer all the people who holdout with price drops, free upgrades, etc. They are not worried about the people who bought the system at launch, they are going after people who never owned an Xbox or ones who have their doubts. I guarantee before the PS3 hits the shelves that Microsoft will be offering the people who waited great deals like getting free games with the system and other great deals. It pays to wait IMO
    Your argument is just as easily reversed. Microsoft also has to care for their core crowd, because if they lose that, then they're not going to be drawing in any new customers.

It works both ways. Those who preorder and camp and such to get the first shipments will likely get a less reliable machine on the whole. The price is just a given, same goes for any technology, as their cost goes down, so does the retail price. However, while the early buyers may have a few more breakdowns, it's also more in their best interests to make sure they tread carefully to keep that customer a customer, or they won't be buying early next launch, and the fewer people doing that, the less hype the console receives.

I agree with your point but also with shaded's. you go ahead and wait. so far no problems with my white beauty and while your waiting..... I'm killin germans all over the place! had to take a 5 minute break. call of duty is INTENSE!
    "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"

I'm more excited about PS3 this year. 360 doesn't seem to amaze me. That's why I'm waiting.

Oh my God what do we do now! My Xbox 360 might crash or show an error! Oh my God! Why did'nt i learn from all the other computers. Damn you MS! DAMN YOU!!! Oh and let me add one more thing,if you're going to post any new that as merit at least use a source more creditable then CNN or Xbox-scene.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 11-24-2005 at 09:50 PM.

Ok then wait have a nice day.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 11-24-2005 at 10:00 PM.

my xboxes is loud? :s

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkY mOnK
    Ok then wait have a nice day.
    If your gonna edit your post, at least have the decency to add some useful info to the thread, or to delete it ... I'm sure he is having a VERY nice day
    hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Xboxfreakkid
    If your gonna edit your post, at least have the decency to add some useful info to the thread, or to delete it ... I'm sure he is having a VERY nice day
    You want to know the truth, I'm working on a free spell checker. I really don't care about what anyone thinks... Have a nice day.

You want to know the truth
    Is that a rhetorical question?
    hi!

Oh my God what do we do now! My Xbox 360 might crash or show an error! Oh my God! Why did'nt i learn from all the other computers. Damn you MS! DAMN YOU!!! Oh and let me add one more thing,if you're going to post any new that as merit at least use a source more creditable then CNN or Xbox-scene.
    You're kidding right? When did CNN become a non-credible site?

Xboxscene is not a dedicated gamer site, it's a dedicated modding site!
    "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner
    Xboxscene is not a dedicated gamer site, it's a dedicated modding site!
    Yea! DING DING DING DING DING! You are our round winner for today!
    hi!

Yea! DING DING DING DING DING! You are our round winner for today!
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and wit seems not to be your strong point.
    "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedNine
    Your argument is just as easily reversed. Microsoft also has to care for their core crowd, because if they lose that, then they're not going to be drawing in any new customers.

It works both ways. Those who preorder and camp and such to get the first shipments will likely get a less reliable machine on the whole. The price is just a given, same goes for any technology, as their cost goes down, so does the retail price. However, while the early buyers may have a few more breakdowns, it's also more in their best interests to make sure they tread carefully to keep that customer a customer, or they won't be buying early next launch, and the fewer people doing that, the less hype the console receives.
    Agree. I would go one further and suggest that the early adopters are the most important crowd. Check out a book called "Tipping Point" to see how economic theorists posit that "Mavens", which are usually the early adopters, control the dominance of certain products in the marketplace.

One of the best books of the last 5 years, and applies greatly to the 360. A must-read.

Quote Originally Posted by wbio
    You're kidding right? When did CNN become a non-credible site?
    No I'm not kidding, as far as politics go maybe they have some credit who Knows? As far as gaming goes, they have'nt an original thought of there own, they get thier source from xbox-scene,at least get it from the addict. I would bet that more then half the peanut brains at CNN if not all, have a clue as to what Halo is or 360, I'm pretty sure.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 11-27-2005 at 09:24 AM.

Is that a rhetorical question?
    The truth nothing but the truth...I think?

Thread Information