Thread: Condemned= amazing

Default Condemned= amazing

I'm telling you, this condemned game is great. Today while playing, I actually jumped and let out a tiny yelp. That is something for me. First time in my life. Broad daylight upstairs with people around. I jumped like a little baby. Usually I have to turn all my lights off and wear headphones and I still don't get this immursian. I was walking around exploring in the game and I walked up and looked over a balcony and a man jumped up and tried to get me! One of my friends was playing and he had to crawl over something and when he got over and turned, a crackhead was running at him and before he could do anything he got pushed down an escalator. I will remind you that you never leav first person except for cutscenes so the fall down the escalator was insane. It looked amazing, and when he hit the ground below it knocked him out and when he came to there were crackheads and crazy people fighting all around him and its just a crazy game. Thats how immursive it is. You get knocked out. No cutscene there. Just a trip down a flight of stares and then blackness. You get up and your vision is all messed up and you can't keep your balance. It is the scariest game ever. You see manicans that sudenly jump out at you and grab on to you, there are people hidden in cupboards where you expect healt or weapons, the ai is great. They will hide around a corner and wait for you to get close and then jump out at you and beat you in the face with a 2x4 with nails. Go buy it. I'm going to go play now.

edit: this rant is for the kid that said the forums are being killed by 360 and he wanted to hear about games. Just for you!

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

One complaint I heard is that it is too short. What say you?

This is MY HOME

i wnat to play this game bad. I ordered it on game fly but apparantly they dont have it yet and they sent me the next one on my list. hope to play it soon. heard good things. I want to hear the gross squishy face sounds...
    "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Wow I just asked someone to talk about this game. Like I said before I got this game today at Gamestop and the guy there said he beat the game and was never scared so much from a game in his life. He said the game was very good with the hand-to-hand Combat, Very good with unpredictable enemies with complex AI which I found to be a + and you get to use Forensic technology to analyze murder scenes which I found to be good also because I watch CSI. So I said to myself why not. I should play it tomorrow or Monday because tonight I am playing PDZ. If I get off of XBA. lol

This will definitly be my first game when I do get a 360. I loved this game when I first saw the trailer. Just thinking that you can get knocked down stairs and **** makes it so much more mouth watering.

This and King Kong...both great games with immersion like I've never seen before. Unfortunately, that kind of immersion requires a lot of planning, scripting and unique art, and as such leads to relatively short games with little replay value.

I rented and finished King Kong, and Condemned will be next. I don't think any 360 owner should pass up at least a rental on either of these titles.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedNine
    This and King Kong...both great games with immersion like I've never seen before. Unfortunately, that kind of immersion requires a lot of planning, scripting and unique art, and as such leads to relatively short games with little replay value.

I rented and finished King Kong, and Condemned will be next. I don't think any 360 owner should pass up at least a rental on either of these titles.
    Thanks for the feed back on the games shadeNine I am so looking forward to playing Condemned Tomorrow night or Monday. Thanks again.

yeah ive heard its short too... I actaully have played probably an hour or 2 a day since launch. Thats not something that bothers me though. Im sure you could beat it in a rentals worth though if you played a little more than I have.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

I just finished King Kong and it is way way under 10 hours. Around 6 for me. Fun but way to short to buy. I have Condemned rented from Gamefly but to be honest I am not even sure if I am keeping my 360, haven't opened it yet, because just not sure the cost justifies so few games out for it. I may return it and use that cash to pick up a bunch of titles for my current systems that I have been putting off. Not decided yet. But back to the point. If Condemned is as short as Kong, there is no way I would buy it unless under $20. Period.

I can't wait to play Condemned, I have the game but no 360 yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hebgbz
    I just finished King Kong and it is way way under 10 hours. Around 6 for me. Fun but way to short to buy. I have Condemned rented from Gamefly but to be honest I am not even sure if I am keeping my 360, haven't opened it yet, because just not sure the cost justifies so few games out for it. I may return it and use that cash to pick up a bunch of titles for my current systems that I have been putting off. Not decided yet. But back to the point. If Condemned is as short as Kong, there is no way I would buy it unless under $20. Period.
    I take it this is the first console you've bought at launch? Some people say the 360 is missing any major "killer" launch titles, but not many try to claim the launch is short of titles in general. In fact, it's probably the most well rounded launch in history game-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by hebgbz
    It's only the launch titles... There will be many more to come. Oh, and I finished Condemned yesterday in around 10 hours or less and it is definetly a must play. Rent it, buy it...either way you won't be disappointed. Another thing I'd like to add is that I think the replay value is much better than everyone is saying. I'll be playing this game over and over just for the combat... It's that much fun!

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

my xboxes is loud? :s

King Kong is the BEST! I was at Futureshop.. on the 60 inch Plasma ($1499.00 :yikes) playing it, and all you hear is the loud sound of the ocean, and rocks falling, and a group of 10 people crowd around me, pressuring me to let them try The sound is AMAZING!
    hi!

i think 10 hours is pretty long for a game like Condemned. For such a tense sounding game, it probably could also be replayed.

Sorry brufa, not allowed to advertise your site.... Unless you have permission. If you do, sorry

Thread Information