Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Aussie X360 Countdown Thread

Official Aussie of XBA™ Rochey69r's Avatar

Exclamation Official Aussie X360 Countdown Thread

Hey all, Ive been a member here longer than most and havn't really had the time to contribute to the forums lately. When the original Xbox came out in the USA in November 2001 I started the Official Aussie Countdown thread so all of us Aussies could have something to contribute in while we waited for our Xbox's to be released over here (March 2002) while all you other lucky people had your Xbox's. Well here it is again, all the Aussies let us know where your from and your plans for the X360. Anything goes. I'll be posting updates on this thread the closer we get to March 2nd 2006. 92 days till X360, Aussie Aussie Aussie...OI OI OI!

Exclamation 81 Days To Go!

With all these errors being rumoured about disk scratching, overheating and HDD's totally wiping themselves im kinda glad that us Aussies are getting our X360's in March 06. Scariest post ive seen is XBA's own Maximus telling us that his entire HDD was wiped after playing Halo 2 with his buddy. I was considering paying $800 AUD for a pal system from the UK off eBay but i'm gonna wait now and hope that they will fix these issues they seem to be having before they release X360 here.

XBA's Kiwi Counterpart Slam Dunker's Avatar

Im Nz but hey close enough right?

We gonna have to wait ages....

Exclamation 80 days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Slam Dunker
    Im Nz but hey close enough right?

We gonna have to wait ages....
    Hey mate good to see some NZ activity. Im pretty sure you get it March 2nd aswell right? 80 days aint that bad dude. And if your really that desperate you can get one off eBay. Will cost you around $800 AUD im not sure what that is converted to NZD but yeh. On ya champ hope to see you posting on this thrad again

Exclamation 55 days!!

NEWS: EB Games just called me. Release of Xbox 360 has been pushed back to March 23rd from March 2nd.

so instead of 34 days till release its 55.

Master of Pong

MS quote on the delay:

The delay is due to “unprecedented global consumer demand stemming from the challenges in ramping supply for a complex product like the Xbox 360.”

huh?
    There are only two kinds of people; those who seperate people into two groups and those who don't.

Exclamation 34 days to go!

34 days people.

hurry up!!! still waiting...got pd0, pgr3, wireless controller, faceplate and the premium system.

cant wait

my xboxes is loud? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Rochey69r
    34 days people.

hurry up!!! still waiting...got pd0, pgr3, wireless controller, faceplate and the premium system.

cant wait

Yes! 34 days! I'm gonna camp out and like buy all the games before too. (I'm so Xcited!)

EDIT: Nevermind... I take back the excitment.... I already have my 360....
    hi!

im so confused right now...i dont know whether to buy the 360 on 23 of march or wait till halo 3 comes out...

if anyone can give me a really good reason to either side i will be very happy

I'm with you rochey. I found out that it was delayed from XBA and called EB games myself. I'm all set to go, can't wait but I am also a bit concerned about the problems. Still, it's not going to stop me getting it. I've got Oblivion and Kameo coming with the premium pack. Still going to keep my original as I have too many games which are not compatable with the 360. It's no use selling them as you get nothing for them. I'm just going to build up a huge library for my young one, which has pissed off the other half.

Exclamation 30 days to go people!

i hear ya theshroud.

eb are like offering this great deal, give them your xbox, 25 games, 8 controllers and your firstborn child and you only have to pay $499AUD for the premium system!!!

30 days to go people!

After playing a demo stand of pgr3 I can hardly wait. this w/e I will most likely go down to Harvey Norman again with a mate and play a good hour on it. Just couldn’t get over the car interior view how much it really looked like a real GTR skyline. Anyways that’s me until next time…

Greetings from the US~

Looks like you all are getting closer to launch day. I hope it goes well and you all get your 360. I got mine on Dec. 31 2005 and I LOVE IT~ I have had zero problems. I don't want any of you feeling like you should wait to try to get one if the only reason is that you are worried about the reported problems. Reading complaints online and news reports will put a scare into you, but just understand you aren't hearing about all the happy problem-free units out there. Only a small percentage of any consumer electronic product are problemmatic. So go buy one, wait in line over night if you need to, dont pay too much, and ultimately you will really be glad you got one. In the small chance that you have problems Microsoft is ready to replce or fix the unit pretty quickly now that the process has been in effect for several months. Anyway, most of you will have ZERO problems, and you will love it. it's pretty exciting.
    Personally, I did not camp out to get one, and I avoided the leaked info about when Best Buy would be getting shipments, because I knew everyone would be there. I scored my 360 by being patient and yet persistent, and several mornings a week and on weekends I would go to a couple of Target Retail Stores near me to check in person. If I had siimply been making phone calls to check stock, I never would have gotten one. They would be sold by the time I got there, and in some cases the store employees had a standard answer of saying they were out of stock even if they had them to avoid a mob of people. Anyway, good luck to you all, and remember...

Persistence pays off!

Have Fun

28 days to go and i'm starting to feel the burn...

...don't know how much more of this i can take....

....free me from the torture, i'll do anything....

p.s. hope my counting is accurate...

Exclamation 29 Days To Go!

28 days to go and i'm starting to feel the burn...

...don't know how much more of this i can take....

....free me from the torture, i'll do anything....

p.s. hope my counting is accurate...
    Slam Dunker make sure you pre-order if you want a 360.

just a tip cause people in the USA that wanted one from the November release still havnt got one. my EB guy told me that they probably wont have stock available to the general public for a few months after launch. they are only barely getting their preorders in. so just a tip, it may pay off to head down to your local videogame supplier and preorder the unit if you want it on the 23rd march. Cheers man

Quote Originally Posted by Rochey69r
    Slam Dunker make sure you pre-order if you want a 360.

just a tip cause people in the USA that wanted one from the November release still havnt got one. my EB guy told me that they probably wont have stock available to the general public for a few months after launch. they are only barely getting their preorders in. so just a tip, it may pay off to head down to your local videogame supplier and preorder the unit if you want it on the 23rd march. Cheers man
    Thanks for the heads up mate, but im still not sure if i want to spend like $720 on the 360. I might just wait till the first price drop, but if it's true what you say and there is going to be a shortage i dont think i can wait 2 months. I guess i'll have to have a talk to eb on saturday

once again

Thanks for the heads up mate, but im still not sure if i want to spend like $720 on the 360. I might just wait till the first price drop, but if it's true what you say and there is going to be a shortage i dont think i can wait 2 months. I guess i'll have to have a talk to eb on saturday

once again
    too bad here you had to pre-order it about 5 months in advance to make first shipment. I waited outside a bestbuy though for 19 hours and got one on day one.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

25 and 1/2 days till Xbox 360

who's already pre-ordered theirs??

23 DAYS!!!! GO GO GO!!!

Im so pumped!

Exclamation 23 Days to go!

Look out, 23 days Aussies.

I've got my VIP Pack at home....and my premium console paid off. going to my local eb games shop after work wednesday to camp out to ensure im first in line. from 4:30pm weds 22nd im gonna be waiting till midnight to get it, rush home with my buddy whos got his aswell, play PD0 and PGR3 system link all night.

yay

Thread Information