Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EB Games Rip Off

Default EB Games Rip Off

Did anyone else pre-order their 360 from EB Games? I have started a web site, I would like to include a total count (if possible) ofa all the people guarenteed a 360 on the launch day but did not receive it.

Please visit the site and let me know through the message board.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Salmonaitor; 11-30-2005 at 06:25 PM.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that website is not going to do anything.

Yeah you preordered your xbox360, however there may have been ton of people way a head of you and you may be on the second shipment. EBgames or anyone else doesn't guarentee you will get your Xbox 360 at release date. This was gone over on another thread. I know it sucks, but well there's nothing you can really do about it.

Let me give you some info JRewald2000.

Firstly, its technicly not their fault that you didn't get a xbox 360 when you preordered, its your fault. Now now, before you jump to conclusions, I'll explain.

See, my local EB only got 40 of their 100 preorders filled. If you were smart like I was, you would have preordered back 10 months ago when you didn't even know what the 360 looked like. There is absolutely no telling how many machines each store will get.

Secondly, the company can promise whatever it wants, but microsoft isn't in charge of making sure the promise is kept.

A pre-order is worthless in general, your not promised ANYTHING. If you preorder VERY early, there will be a good chance you will get one. Look at another example, the EB games at another shopping center near here only got 10 360's. The early bird gets the worm so to speak.

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JRewald2000
    Did anyone else pre-order their 360 from EB Games? I have started a web site, I would like to include a total count (if possible) ofa all the people guarenteed a 360 on the launch day but did not receive it.

Please visit the site and let me know through the message board.

Thanks!
    You were not guaranteed a 360 on launch day, if you were, then you would have a claim. There's this little thing called "the fine print", and that absolves EB from any liability. Sorry about your luck dude. Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware

I love threads like this.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    I love threads like this.
    but yet your post should not be here because its total randomness.....
    anyways Salmy is right, you should of read your fine print.
    Need a sig? Need artwork, feel free to contact me via AIM/YIM/PM/email.

Hey, isn't anyone going to agree with me?

Remember, if you don't agree with me, your either a terrorist, a commie, a canadian, or a Jack Thompson promoter.

I was preorder number 49 out of 48 units instore at launch. I preordered the first of September and was told I would have to wait till Dec 7th. Lucily I had my System, 3 games and and extra controller all paid for well before launch so when one preorder of the 48 turned out to be a no show on Friday November 25th I got a call to pick up my system. Just glad I wasnt number 50

EB over inflated their preorders. I knew this would happen because its happened to me there with games. They're greedy idiots and you're gullible for believing they'd deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius
    Hey, isn't anyone going to agree with me?

Remember, if you don't agree with me, your either a terrorist, a commie, a canadian, or a Jack Thompson promoter.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterwiggles18
    but yet your post should not be here because its total randomness.....
    Sorry, I'll adhere to your guidlines from now on sir.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xbox Masta 4
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that website is not going to do anything.

Yeah you preordered your xbox360, however there may have been ton of people way a head of you and you may be on the second shipment. EBgames or anyone else doesn't guarentee you will get your Xbox 360 at release date. This was gone over on another thread. I know it sucks, but well there's nothing you can really do about it.
    actually they did garuntee me one on the first day. i even double checked him on what he said word for word, but i know it's out of their control so i dont care

Words are cheap.

I mean, how do you think Bush got a second term huh?

If you were smart like I was, you would have preordered back 10 months ago when you didn't even know what the 360 looked like. There is absolutely no telling how many machines each store will get.
    exactly! pre-orders were like 50 bucks or something, that was nothing!!
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

Quote Originally Posted by BORNGD
    exactly! pre-orders were like 50 bucks or something, that was nothing!!

if this were me paying $50 to preorder a console, i'd be pissed that i didn't get it on launch day...or even anywhere close to launch day for that matter. I mean, where are the new shipments microsoft? lol

Words are cheap.

I mean, how do you think Bush got a second term huh?
    Bush bashing is a no-no here Imp. Be easy.

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame-XBA
    Bush bashing is a no-no here Imp. Be easy.
    Thank you
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Tell 'em Doc Steel sent ya!

Sorry, I forgot most of you are Americans, as opposed to me being a Canadian. lol.

Anyway, no offence intended, merely a joke.

*throws my strange round canadian bacon at you all.. Muahahahah

Firstly, its technicly not their fault that you didn't get a xbox 360 when you preordered, its your fault. Now now, before you jump to conclusions, I'll explain.

See, my local EB only got 40 of their 100 preorders filled. If you were smart like I was, you would have preordered back 10 months ago when you didn't even know what the 360 looked like. There is absolutely no telling how many machines each store will get.

Secondly, the company can promise whatever it wants, but microsoft isn't in charge of making sure the promise is kept.

A pre-order is worthless in general, your not promised ANYTHING. If you preorder VERY early, there will be a good chance you will get one. Look at another example, the EB games at another shopping center near here only got 10 360's. The early bird gets the worm so to speak.
    Not necessarily. What EB Games did was pathetic. I preordered in April ($50 down) well before pricing was even released. I checked three weeks before launch and was told I was #6 on the list and "guaranteed to get one on launch day." Well, the Sunday before launch, I went in to pay in full. It was then that I learned I WOULD NOT GET ONE ON FIRST SHIPMENT! The reason? EB Game over sold there pre-orders and decided to allocate their units to the paid-in-full pre-orders. They didn't care who ordered first. I swear to God, that was their policy. I even complained to the District Manager who basically said "tough *****."

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity360
    "tough *****."
    is **** spelled with 5 letters? maybe im not thinking of the right word...

welcome to xba stick around

Thread Information