Thread: 360 games with subtitles for Hearing Impaired

Default 360 games with subtitles for Hearing Impaired users

I am deaf and I would like to own games that has subtitles option. I know Call of Duty 2 and King Kong does have subtitles since I played their demos at Wal Mart. But what about the other titles since they never mentioned it on their cases. I used to buy Halo 1 and pissed me off it does not have subtitles and I am totally lost in there and know no where to go. I had to bring it back to store and store wouldn't take it because I opened it. So I sold it on ebay and its a waste of money. It would be nice if any of you guys post any games titles here that you have played and has with subtitles option. So to help us (hearing imparied users) out so we know which games we can get. I know 8 deaf people are getting their xbox 360 and there could be more since those 8 are in my home area.

I will keep editing 360 game titles here w/or w/out subtitles.

Call of Duty 2 (has subtitles option)
    Peter Jackson's King Kong (has subtitles option)

Madden '06 (doesn't have subtitles option)
    NBA 2k6 (doesn't have subtitles option)
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (has subtitles option)
    Condemned: Criminal Origins (has subtitles option)

Perfect Dark Zero (doesn't have subtitles option)
    Kameo Elments of Power (has subtitles option)
    Last edited by NascarZiNg; 12-09-2005 at 11:38 AM.

this is a very interesting thread, i indeed believe that subtitles should be in games, of course being enabled or not. You should write to microsoft and talk to them try to enforce some type of thing, or the game developers themselves.
    Need a sig? Need artwork, feel free to contact me via AIM/YIM/PM/email.

Clan DOPE

For sure. In today's games, the dialog is huge to understand the story. I'm behind ya on this one.

Clan DOPE

Oh, and Tony Hawk: American Wasteland has subtitles for the most part, oh and it's funny cause the subtitles are a little different from the dialog, but it's still close and tells the story well...

condemned has a subtitles option. You can turn them on or off. It's also a very good game!

edit: yeah my friend just pointed out that though the speaking is subtitled a lot of the game like finding enemies and such is based on hearing. Like you will hear a noise and have to go that direction... So i guess it may not be the best choice... sorry.
    Last edited by killerscott; 12-01-2005 at 06:25 PM.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

Quote Originally Posted by Misterwiggles18
    this is a very interesting thread, i indeed believe that subtitles should be in games, of course being enabled or not. You should write to microsoft and talk to them try to enforce some type of thing, or the game developers themselves.
    Yeah... I tried that in 2001 with the original xbox and they are not doing anything about it. I know it's stupid but I guess this way would help hearing impaired people by visiting here. I got a few to visit here and they appericated this. Would like to know if there's any gaming sites that announces games with subtitles option or w/out?

Quote Originally Posted by killerscott
    condemned has a subtitles option. You can turn them on or off. It's also a very good game!

edit: yeah my friend just pointed out that though the speaking is subtitled a lot of the game like finding enemies and such is based on hearing. Like you will hear a noise and have to go that direction... So i guess it may not be the best choice... sorry.
    Since you own Perfect Dark Zero does it have subtitles option?

PDZ does not have subtitles....at least I dont think so....I know that anytime dung a mission, parameters can change just because of whoever's in the background talking says so
    We need a love bomb, to just blow us away, to freakin' blow all the lights out, turning night to day, hear it from miles away, a chance to make it right now, f*ck what the government says,
    We gotta save some lives now, is that OK?
    Hidden Content
    [Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ]

R.I.P. DZNUTZ. One Man We'll Never Forget Hidden Content

No PDZ doesn't have subtitles... When it is giving briefings and such it does but durring gameplay it will tell you to do something with audio only.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

Those who have these following games below can please tell me if they have subtitles option? Thanks!

Amped 3
    Ridge Racer 6
    Quake 4
    Gun
    NBA Live 06
    NHL 2k6
    Tiger Woods PGR Tour 06
    FIFA Soccer 06
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Kameo Elments of Power

PS: These are all just arrived titles and there may be more upcoming titles would be appericated if you help us, hearing impaired people, out before we risked ourself buying a non subtitle games.

Repin' the ATL

Kameo does. If your stuck in a part Orth's voice comes on to tell you to look in the wotnot book which you press start and it scrolls text to help you out. But if you were stuck since you wouldnt be able to hear ortho all you would have to do is press start. The actual games does have subtitles through out the whole game though. Glad i could help

Quote Originally Posted by Go420Dawgs
    Kameo does. If your stuck in a part Orth's voice comes on to tell you to look in the wotnot book which you press start and it scrolls text to help you out. But if you were stuck since you wouldnt be able to hear ortho all you would have to do is press start. The actual games does have subtitles through out the whole game though. Glad i could help
    Thanks!

I'm not sure if perfect dark has subtitles, because I only rented it, but it does have a flashing path that tells you where to go all the time if you're stuck. I'm pretty sure that you would be able to play through it.

I just got my xbox 360 last week! Now its working alot better than the Nov 22nd one!

By the way I played Quake 4 demo off from xbox live marketplace... it does not have subtitles ... was very disappointed because I really like playing that game! I hope the retail game does have subtitles option for that game. If anyone out there have quake 4 please check to see if theres option for subtitle?

Thanks.

PS does Far Cry have subtitles? because I ordered it and its on the way.

The "Moderator"

oblivion has em but if 2 people start talking while your walking it gets confusing and you have to turn em on
    Hidden Content
    "Banana Scissors"

Thread Information