Thread: Don't forget your Extended Warranties.

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

Exclamation Don't forget your Extended Warranties.

I got mine, and believe me, it's the smart thing to do. Ask anyone who's ever bought a launch console.

Clan DOPE

Next paycheck, sending mine in.

I bought the one from EB, it's good for a year and I just swap it out for a new one...probably next November 20th.

The HD portion of my AV cable isn't working properly so I phoned up XBOX support and they actually asked "Is your system still under warrenty?" I was like OMFG are you serious the thing was just released a week ago what do you think? Anyway the Support rep almost had me convinced that they'd send me a box with postage paid and when they received my AV cable they'd send me a new one. So I asked for the manager and anyway apparently you can actually return some parts in store. I guess if I take my broken AV cable back to EB they'll give me a new one which I thought was sweet because one week out of launch I don't feel like being stuck with an unplayable Xbox just over a silly cable. Anyway thats kind of off topic but yes I agree the extended warrenty is the way to go.

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

I'm having a problem with mu Xbox360 where I can't connect to a XBL chat session. It's really aggrevating, but I figure I'll wait till they have a few in the hopper before I get loud about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I bought the one from EB, it's good for a year and I just swap it out for a new one...probably next November 20th.
    Are you planning on taking it back if there isn't any problems with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Salmonaitor-XBA
    I'm having a problem with mu Xbox360 where I can't connect to a XBL chat session. It's really aggrevating, but I figure I'll wait till they have a few in the hopper before I get loud about it.
    I didn't even bother to call in and get my DNS number.... Just wondering, did Live prompt you guys for it when you first connected?

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Salmonaitor-XBA
    I had the same problem for 3 days but i figured it out, go to the xbox dashboard and move to the settings one, from there click seetting then xbox live settings and youl see an option for this, my was automatically set on friend chat only, all you need to do is change that to everyone and your set.

But you might want to change all the other settings as well as they will be set wrong as well.

Yeah... the family settings are all screwy default. You can't hear anyone but friends in games, You can't play old games on xbl. And a bunch of other crap. It took me a while to find that out ha.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

I origonally wasnt planning on buying the extended warenty card from gamestop but now im definetly planning to hand out the 40 dollars to them for a 2 year warranty.

Thread Information