Thread: I'm soooo pissed!!!

Angry I'm soooo pissed!!!

just got back from best buy after buying a $75 set of psyclone compitition grade component cables, pulled out my heavy ass entertainment center and hooked them up, switched on my 360 and voila! they dont work!!!!! screen says hd output is disabled because a switch (on the plug) is set to tv (not hdtv). there is no switch. i go to the psyclonecables.com web site and see a big button concerning the xbox 360 hd cable, so i clickit. bad news. they say, "o so sorry- cable not so good. you send to us and we'll send you a better one sometime around new years..." crap! well i write them a e-mail---

please send me a rma # so I can return these cables to you for an exchange. needless to say I am dissapointed. after looking all over town and spending $75 on a cable and then being stuck with a crappy signal is a huge letdown. and I just returned the 360 vga cable to the store because I wanted to play on my 32" hd tv instead of a 19" lcd computer monitor and now I wish I hadn't. looks like I am stuck with a suckass picture until you guys send me out a replacement cable AFTER I pay to mail you these ones to you so the sooner the better as I'm sure you've already heard from others.
    Thanks,
    Bob

anyway, just wanted to post here so no-one buys these cables until they fix them......
    buy the way, they look like nice quality cables, are covered in a white mesh, and are 12' in length. just wish they worked! now I either have to find some monster cables or play with a crappy picture for a month or more...
    "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"

the first thing that came to my mind and stuck with me through the whole post was: ...you lucky bastard, you got a 360!!

ha. that's too bad about your cables. guess you just gotta see if they write back otherwise just wait it out, eh?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I have the Psyclone cables for my original XBox...mainly because they were the only cables that reached 12', which is what I need. I can't stand the Component cables that came with my XBox; therefore, I just have a temporary solution using those cables plus I purchased 3 RCA Couplers so I could extend them to another set of average Component Video cables to give me enough length.

I'm also waiting for a good quality set of Component cables for XBox that are 12'. I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I come across some...vice versa, I hope!

Seriously, dude, you have an Xbox 360, so what the hell are you complaining about???

You should have just purchased the component cables that are packaged with the Xbox 360 anyway. They Monster cables, and really, the difference between the "high end" cables is negligible.
    He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, he is a Fool, Shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not, he is Simple, Teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, he is Asleep, Awaken him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, he is Wise, Follow him.

--Bruce Lee

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erikzimm
    Seriously, dude, you have an Xbox 360, so what the hell are you complaining about???

You should have just purchased the component cables that are packaged with the Xbox 360 anyway. They Monster cables, and really, the difference between the "high end" cables is negligible.
    My mentality is that if you own extremely nice and expensive equipment, then, why settle for subpar cables? I prefer higher quality, personally.

Yes, it is true that one would be hard pressed to tell the difference...atleast the average person; however, video freaks like myself can see a difference...

I am anxious to see the 360 with 3rd party quality Component video cables.

Are the monster cables that you buy extra not good enough? That's what I bought, but I haven't hooked them up yet. I thought Monster was high end...

edited for: I bought the ones that are component, but come with a fiberoptic cable for sound.
    Last edited by Marc; 12-02-2005 at 12:45 PM.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l
    My mentality is that if you own extremely nice and expensive equipment, then, why settle for subpar cables? I prefer higher quality, personally.

Yes, it is true that one would be hard pressed to tell the difference...atleast the average person; however, video freaks like myself can see a difference...

Nobody can see any difference with the cables. I know Monster would like you to believe that, and the placebo effect can be striking, but I've looked at many published papers by EE's that show no difference at all no matter what kind of cable you use. You could just as easily make a cable yourself with some copper, as long as you grounded it properly and provided a modicum of shielding. And unless you are routing your wires alongside power cables, even that is just a nice touch.

I'm not going to try and change your mind, people are free to do with their money whatever they want, but a set of component cables from Wal-Mart are just as good as Monster cables.

the psyclone cables are 12' in lenght and they say they will have working cables in stores in January. I just ordered a set of monster cables from amazon but it was the only set in stock.
    "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword"

Quote Originally Posted by bob808
    just got back from best buy after buying a $75 set of psyclone compitition grade component cables, pulled out my heavy ass entertainment center and hooked them up, switched on my 360 and voila! they dont work!!!!! screen says hd output is disabled because a switch (on the plug) is set to tv (not hdtv). there is no switch. i go to the psyclonecables.com web site and see a big button concerning the xbox 360 hd cable, so i clickit. bad news. they say, "o so sorry- cable not so good. you send to us and we'll send you a better one sometime around new years..." crap! well i write them a e-mail---

please send me a rma # so I can return these cables to you for an exchange. needless to say I am dissapointed. after looking all over town and spending $75 on a cable and then being stuck with a crappy signal is a huge letdown. and I just returned the 360 vga cable to the store because I wanted to play on my 32" hd tv instead of a 19" lcd computer monitor and now I wish I hadn't. looks like I am stuck with a suckass picture until you guys send me out a replacement cable AFTER I pay to mail you these ones to you so the sooner the better as I'm sure you've already heard from others.
    Thanks,
    Bob

anyway, just wanted to post here so no-one buys these cables until they fix them......
    buy the way, they look like nice quality cables, are covered in a white mesh, and are 12' in length. just wish they worked! now I either have to find some monster cables or play with a crappy picture for a month or more...
    The switch is on the XBO 360 plug. Check Bungie's site for Frankie's "What's Update." He discusses it there.

Im playing on a 52in Mits DLP and it looks great. I dont have another set to compare them to, but I will say that I am more than satisfied with the set that came with the 360. Like many of you I didnt look at the manuals and when i started up the 360, I didnt understand why it wouldnt go to HD. Until I stop for a sec from being pissed and read the screen about the little switch on the cable itself.

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l

I, like you, like my nice equipment (however, the cost of equipment IS NOT directly proportional to the quality of the equipment). When I bought my HDTV, I switched between two different cables for the HD signal, the standard Xbox ones, and a "high end" brand. I also just switched my audio cables when I changed my stereo system.

The difference? Really? None, these cables are just more durable and look a little nicer. It's like the difference between using MiniDV or DVCPro/DVCAM as a tape standard. The latter are just larger, look more durable, with the only real difference being a slight difference in not dropping frames or losing audio.
    He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, he is a Fool, Shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not, he is Simple, Teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, he is Asleep, Awaken him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, he is Wise, Follow him.

--Bruce Lee

Thread Information