Thread: Finally, I am the owner of...

Default Finally, I am the owner of...

Of course it is an Xbox 360!!

So far i just have the console, so until i find some Euros lying around the place i will be stuck with Halo2.

If you want some future fun, just hit me up with a friend request on xbox live.

One concern though: The price of the console was fine with me, Quite good imo for what i got.... but dear god... the games.... i heard one was selling for up to €85.. a conversion to dollars would equate to over 100$ - for a game! this is crazy.

In the US you are paying about 60$ for a game, equating to about 50€... on the previous generation consoles in europe we payed at least 60€ for a game - and now it seems that the average price of a game is at least 75€... almost 100$ i believe.
    I really can not undestand this vast variation in prices between the US and Europe.

Yes, it this is pretty much a rant - but the prices of these games really surprised me.

It looks like rentals will be all I can afford this time around... I will only buy a game when i know for a fact that i will enjoy it, and get my monies worth from it.

I can't see why developers couldn't just include advertisements in their games, I would be all for it if these crazy prices could be avoided.

Anyway, thats my rant over.

no doubt the console is great though!
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

WOW that pricing blows big.

Hidden Content

Congratulations Sam!!! Hopefully those prices will drop real soon as all the hooplah dies down.
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

could it be possible for someone in U.S. to buy games for you?

No, they are coded differently. US is NTSC. I don't know what Europe is.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

nice to see you got your xbox360 about time. I just got off the airplane from wisconson and I had to say that I had a really good time. I am home on my computer and I can't wait to plug in my xbox360 to see if all is good.

****, with the prices you are paying, you should have bought a North American System and then buy games from here.

I used to post here a lot.

congrats on the system but, i am with whisper on this one. that would have been the smarter thing to do

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Congrats!! I hope i will get mine soon.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I went online and grabbed on for $700, why, I couldnt stand waiting anymore when I have two on order at GameStop. Im in there all the time and they dont have a clue whats going on. I call, stop by and nothing. I love the system and can say I havent had any problems with it in the 3 days that I have had it. Im still pissed that I cant get the ones I paid for and hear all this crap about weekly shipments. So where are they? Its the weekend and nothings around, hmmm. I know I should be content and go about my business with the system, but for all those who dont have them, this sucks. How could a company so big screwed this up so bad? I just hope this a big laugh on MS part and they will dump prior to Xmas. If they dont, I hope they will answer for it. Let the PR machine for MS begin and explain this one.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by m2iceman
    I went online and grabbed on for $700, why, I couldnt stand waiting anymore when I have two on order at GameStop. Im in there all the time and they dont have a clue whats going on. I call, stop by and nothing. I love the system and can say I havent had any problems with it in the 3 days that I have had it. Im still pissed that I cant get the ones I paid for and hear all this crap about weekly shipments. So where are they? Its the weekend and nothings around, hmmm. I know I should be content and go about my business with the system, but for all those who dont have them, this sucks. How could a company so big screwed this up so bad? I just hope this a big laugh on MS part and they will dump prior to Xmas. If they dont, I hope they will answer for it. Let the PR machine for MS begin and explain this one.
    You should read some articles on what is going on in Britain. Even more massive shortages there.

Just be patient, play some games you haven't finished yet, by the time the boxes are readily available, there will be better games for it.

yes I would defiantly buy a US system, s
    but defrom what I heard Sony will remove this area code ...do I guess this is another reason to buy the new PS//

There are a few places where you can get region neutral dvd players, like Sweden. Family friends of mine have a dvd player that can play both North American (NTSC) and European (PAL) dvds.

The difference between NTSC and PAL is not as easy as just throwing a disc in. It has to do with your electrical cycle. In the U.S., we have a cycle of 60 hertz (really it's 59.94). Across the pond, you guys have a cycle of 50 hertz. That's where we get our framerates for TV. We have 30 fps (really 29.97 for broadcast using drop frame). You guys, across the pond, have your TVs running at 25 fps. You also use a completely different electrical outlet configuration. Granted, you can purchase an adapter (I purchased one when I went to Europe last February so I could charge my iPod amont other things). I'm just not sure how reliably an NTSC-based system would run over in Europe. I'm sure it would be fine, but I can't really comment because I've never done it.

Also, what kind of cabling for Internet connection do you use in Europe? Do you use the CAT-5 cables like we use here in the U.S.?
    He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, he is a Fool, Shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not, he is Simple, Teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, he is Asleep, Awaken him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, he is Wise, Follow him.

--Bruce Lee

I now have a game, but am having trouble setting up live

PD0
    Great shooter, more like halo1 imo. looks amazing
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

I am Finally getting mine. I got impatient. I blew $550 on a CORE on ebay. I don't know why I did it but at least I am getting one he is tossing in some minor extras so its ok I guess. WOOT!!! Cept I spent to much on the system now I have to rent for a while.
    I'M GETTING MY S@$T!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-XBA
    I now have a game, but am having trouble setting up live

PD0
    Great shooter, more like halo1 imo. looks amazing
    haha, i had the same problems the first day. then i remembered i forgot to put the middle initial in with the name.

Thread Information