Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360 scratches discs

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

That's wierd...because I was JUGGLING three XBox 360s with discs moving inside and every single XBox 360 game had scratches, too!!!! This scratching disc thing just has to stop!!!!

/shrug

I'll live with it for now, I don't plan on moving it around while it's on anyway. Then, down the road I'll either buy one and replace it myself once they've got the power connector all figured out, or get MS to replace it with a more current model.

I burned through 2 thompson drives on my original Xbox, which I bought at launch..never paid a cent in repairs though.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by pjh13
    Maybe if this was a machine designed to be used on the move like a laptop or a discman this would be a differant story but its not and i bet that if you did the same thing to your xbox or ps2 or ps1 or even your sega cd the disc would scratch. I dont think this is a situation where people are unfairly judging this guy, i think this guy is unfairly judging this system. plus i dont know if there is any truth to this but i wouldnt be surprised if it even said in the instruction manual not to move the box around while on with a disc in it, but that is just a guess.

I think this is happening to too many people for it to be just like every other system with a disc drive. If other systems were susceptable, we would have heard about this with them as well.

And the XBox2 hasn't even penetrated the market fully yet. That won't happen until there are units sitting on shelves, and no one buying them straight off. So let's see what happens once there are a few million of these in homes.

And most people are probably not like Shaded and myself, where replacing a hard drive or a dvd-rom is a casual event. So there will have to be returns or repairs that we will be able to track.

Most likely, these things will be sorted out long before then, anyway. Launch hardware always goes through these growing pains. By the time the PS3 comes out, and starts crashing and burning down people's houses, the XBox2 will be mature and stable. And that is probably the real advantage MS has over an early launch. Time to mature.

Default Xbox 360 Litigation

If you have an Xbox 360 Console that has scratched your discs and you would like more information about the proposed class action lawsuit filed, please visit the Plaintiff’s attorneys’ website at http://www.Xbox360Litigation.com.

In the lawsuit, the Plaintiff is asking the Court to certify a nationwide class and create a fund for all individuals that have had discs damaged by an Xbox 360. The Plaintiff has alleged that the total minimum amount of damages incurred by all of the individuals combined is at least $5,000,000.00. To be clear, the Plaintiff is not alleging that he or any individual member of the class is entitled to that amount of money. The sum recovered by individual class members will be significantly less than the total damages incurred by the proposed class as a whole.

Gamerscore Whore

You dig up an old, dead thread to post this crap???? Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCougar-XBA View Post
    You dig up an old, dead thread to post this crap???? Go away.
    Oh and BTW Welcome to XBA ! LOL

Yay old threads!

You're still a retard if you move your system while it's on by the way, nothings changed
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Thread Information