Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft sued over Xbox 360 glitches

Default Microsoft sued over Xbox 360 glitches

an Xbox 360 owner has sued microsoft for releasing defected consoles at the launch on November 22nd. Complaints include the console freezing up, displaying error messages, and the screen going black. This is mostly due to the system overheating very easily.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc

It's not a lip-ring

Quote Originally Posted by George89
    an Xbox 360 owner has sued microsoft for releasing defected consoles at the launch on November 22nd. Complaints include the console freezing up, displaying error messages, and the screen going black. This is mostly due to the system overheating very easily.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc
    They deserve it.
    Zomg Fable 2!!!1!11

pfft... if this is even real, he wont get a penny. MS offers to fix boxes for FREE. why doesnt that bastard just do that? he just wants to make money off MS. what a loser.

It's not a lip-ring

Quote Originally Posted by vman
    pfft... if this is even real, he wont get a penny. MS offers to fix boxes for FREE. why doesnt that bastard just do that? he just wants to make money off MS. what a loser.
    An easy way to make money, all Americans are searching for that now days. You can't tell me you wouldn't take 1 million dollars if it was just lying on the ground.
    Zomg Fable 2!!!1!11

it's very easy to sue, and even easier to get a settlement, especially from big companies... Microsoft will give him $20,000 just to drop it, and that's what he's looking for.

I used to post here a lot.

The lawsuit, filed on Friday in federal court in Illinois, seeks unspecified damages and litigation-related expenses, as well as the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 game consoles.
    this guy is an ******* if he expected it to be "glitch free" on launch day then hes an idiot. if he makes a recall happen im gonna be pissed

They work fine if you provide adequate ventilation. Mine has been on 12 hours a day with no problems whatsoever. This dude's an idiot.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper
    it's very easy to sue, and even easier to get a settlement, especially from big companies... Microsoft will give him $20,000 just to drop it, and that's what he's looking for.
    I agree.
    FATbox Don't say all Americans. You mean all humans.
    An easy way to make money, all Americans are searching for that now days. You can't tell me you wouldn't take 1 million dollars if it was just lying on the ground.
    Last edited by F1Ox; 12-05-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Hidden Content

aww i dont remember anyone sueing sony for the messed up ps2's at lauch...nevermind the fact the launch titles werent that great either..but i never hear that just people *****ing about the 360 messing up...its technology..its either messed up or out of date it seems...its like cancer there is no money in a cure...i guess theres a point in there somewhere...i hope when the bad machines are gone and we get oblivion and gears of war i dont think well being hearing any complaining i hope
    gcs

Quote Originally Posted by FatBox
    There's quite a bit of difference between finding a million dollars lying on the ground in comparison to "Man...I'm broke....I could use some money....stupid xbox 360 not working right....if only I could find a solution to both problems at the same time!?"

The guys obviously just some moron who needed an excuse to sue someone. I hope he gets his ass beaten in court.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

This won't hold up. It's a fact that around 3% of all electronic devices are bound to have errors...mainly due to shipping issues (packages bouncing around and knocking a few things loose, is one example). Microsoft is within the ratio.... They are simply getting a lot of press because XBox 360 is the hottest gift for the Christmas 2005 season...

Not only that, but, Microsoft is the richest company in the entire world...not the biggest, the richest............By far. In fact, they could buy out the Sony Corporation atleast 5 times over (including Sony's Playstation, electronic device division, their record contracts...the entire company)...and the fact that MS is so successful, they are a target for lawsuits by greedy people....hence the situation of the cry baby nerd trying to sue them over a freakin' video game console. He was probably raised as a spoiled little brat.

I said "brat"...wow.....anyway, I think you guys get my point.

The only thing I can complain about is I can't wait any longer for Oblivion, Gears of War and ghost recon. Please Hurry. Sorry to go off topic but that's my only complaint.

It's not a lip-ring

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Static
    There's quite a bit of difference between finding a million dollars lying on the ground in comparison to "Man...I'm broke....I could use some money....stupid xbox 360 not working right....if only I could find a solution to both problems at the same time!?"

The guys obviously just some moron who needed an excuse to sue someone. I hope he gets his ass beaten in court.
    In other words, he is looking for easy money.
    Zomg Fable 2!!!1!11

Gamerscore Whore

I wouldnt be to sure that this guy isnt going to get a settlement out of it. Hell if someone can get money for being an idiot and spilling HOT coffee on her lap, this guy probably has a case. Plus lawyers can manipulate the case anyway they feel needed to gain an advantage. I bet this guy ends up with a settlement. I hope I am wrong, because these gold diggers only make things worse for the hoest people.

I hope they don't give this guy the money.... Take him to court and sue him for wasting the courts time. Another stupid case... I thought there were laws against this now.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by vman

They souldn't have to be fixed!!!! If the console doesn't work right, then they should have been released!!! end of story!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyboy
    this guy is an ******* if he expected it to be "glitch free" on launch day then hes an idiot. if he makes a recall happen im gonna be pissed
    It souldn't have been launched if it has glitches!!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Thanks to BuLLsEyEWTF for the sig Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by r3lik1
    They souldn't have to be fixed!!!! If the console doesn't work right, then they should have been released!!! end of story!!!
    It souldn't have been launched if it has glitches!!!
    If there was merit to those claims then yes, but with a less than 3% defective rate, sorry.

Look at Ps2's lauch, and ask launch day people how many ps2's they've bought over the course of the past 6 years.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    If there was merit to those claims then yes, but with a less than 3% defective rate, sorry.

Look at Ps2's lauch, and ask launch day people how many ps2's they've bought over the course of the past 6 years.
    this is true ive bought over 4 since ps2 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Variation

Less then 3%, what was Sonys track record,I believe in the ficinity of their entire stock. But everyone love their PS2 and the arrogance of Sony. If i plain on buying a PS3, I will not buy a launch system, god knows what awaits the first adopters, they already have major cooling issues. I know this is an Xbox topic, but ease up on MS, they resolve their problems quick and painless.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 12-07-2005 at 09:17 AM.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

The bottom line is that we, as consumers should get what we pay for. The 360 costs alot of money and nobody wants to (nor should have to) have problems with it. PERIOD! The 1st sticky topic in this 360 discussion is *report your bugs here* with alot of people posting problems that should not be happening. I got one for X-Mas but really wanted to wait because I knew this **** would happen. It always does. It makes me really want to open it but thankfully I also got the 2 year replacement warranty. Anyways the lucky ones who were content enough to wait will get a better, more stable system down the line and now that this surfaced, probably alot cheaper too. Microsoft wants to reel in all the holdouts and that's when we will see the cool deals fly. I hope it does well in Japan this weekend or there will be serious problems ahead for our console.

Thread Information