Thread: CONDEMNED: a standout title at launch

Default CONDEMNED: a standout title at launch

right now i have kameo, call of booty2, and condemned and so far condemned is the game id showcase to whoever comes to see it at my house...not so much as for the graphics which are awesome..(this may not be so if you are a pc gamer who keeps on the bleeding edge on games such as fear; who is made by the same people) but still despite that and the fact its on a regular tv... it stands out and as a truly unique and disturbing game.. and most of all its an exclusive for the moment...and i want a sequel already....something that stands out more than the graphics is the atmosphere and enemy AI which truly say next gen to me...enemies that hide around corners and take fake swings at you to catch you off guard..for example two thugs come at you and one has a pipe and one has a pistol...dont be suprise to see the guy or gal with pipe take out the guy with the pistol...they will do anything for the advantage and a better chance to spill your blood...and if they dont have a weapon they will find whatever is nearby...taking pipes of walls and doors of lockers and such...they will also take caution if you are better armed and make themselves scarace until they find something to even the odds...and its indeed cool to see an enemy lose a weapon and panic, look around franticly for a weapon and sometimes run halfway across a area to get an axe or a pipe...and comeback to hit you with it with a bloodlust scream or a lunge....and as for the truly disturbing things you maywitness all by the way is in first person...be it tumbling down an escalator or finding a corpse...there is a scene later in the end that is in my opinion the most truly unsettling thing ive seen in a game...that includes silenthill,residentevil,the suffering...if you have a 360 check it out...
    gcs

I agree... I just beat it a few days ago... amazing!

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

Yeah, Condemned is amazing.....Just wondering wha scene you are talking about though... ????

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

how long is this game and is there any replay value? should we just rent?

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkY mOnK
    how long is this game and is there any replay value? should we just rent?
    The game seems addicting to me.... In terms of story line, the replay value is poor.... But I continue to play just because the fighting and AI is pretty awesome. I'd rent first though.... Oh, and the game is about 10-15 hours to complete.

the scene is at the end in the old school level in the locker room...i cant say anymore it may lose its impact most of the games are about 10-15 hours there isnt alot to do after but im going back to find all the dead birds and metal plates...i have all the conlsoles already..im keep it for sure i might get ride of call of booty2 the online isnt too good and it lags alot
    perfect dark is next
    gcs

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

gamepro said they clocked in a total of 4 hours for the review, and they completed the game. They didn't collect anything, but i suspect i wont be either. 4 hours warrants only a rent form me, even if it is god gift to gamers. Call of duty 2 is amazing as well, i dont see why'd you get rid of that, and i am talking about the singleplayer. If you arent getting rid of condemned because the single player is so great, you shouldnt get rid of call of duty. Whats weirder is that you mentioned getting perfect dark, who's campaign pales in comparison to the aforementioned.

Im definatly getting Call of Duty 2 and DOA4 with my 360. Im renting condemned, barrowing kameo from spartan, and i might get perfect dark if enough of my friends get it, the co-op and mp are fun.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCovenant
    gamepro said they clocked in a total of 4 hours for the review, and they completed the game. They didn't collect anything, but i suspect i wont be either. 4 hours warrants only a rent form me, even if it is god gift to gamers. Call of duty 2 is amazing as well, i dont see why'd you get rid of that, and i am talking about the singleplayer. If you arent getting rid of condemned because the single player is so great, you shouldnt get rid of call of duty. Whats weirder is that you mentioned getting perfect dark, who's campaign pales in comparison to the aforementioned.

Im definatly getting Call of Duty 2 and DOA4 with my 360. Im renting condemned, barrowing kameo from spartan, and i might get perfect dark if enough of my friends get it, the co-op and mp are fun.
    yeah but reviewers usually rush though this game. This is a creepy, dark game, so if i were playing it, i'd probably go through very slowly..

i probably spent 14-15 hours on it myself. I investigated every room and everything. You gotta! It doesn't feel like your going slow. It's just like you feel like you must look in every room. There could be a gun or bird or metal piece.(which in my 15 hours I only found the full ammount of on like 2 levels). I'm definately glad i bought it.

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

aite, fair enough; xplay said they clocked in about 8 hours with the game, 12 to finish it 100% (all dead birds collected and such). Still not long at all.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

4 hours to finish it! Ha! How could they give it an accurate rating with that quick ass run through.... That review should be void! Pfffffffffff!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greg756
    the scene is at the end in the old school level in the locker room...i cant say anymore it may lose its impact most of the games are about 10-15 hours there isnt alot to do after but im going back to find all the dead birds and metal plates...i have all the conlsoles already..im keep it for sure i might get ride of call of booty2 the online isnt too good and it lags alot
    perfect dark is next
    Rent Perfect Dark first...I own the game...trust me...rent it before buying, IMO. Need For Speed Most Wanted is utterly kick ass, though! To me, NFS is a MUST BUY!

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

I think the game is pretty cool. I don't play it that much. I feel it's a lot of replay Value because you can always go back and get those Achievements to unlock the game more. I think I am about 12 out of 50 Achievements also the game is 24% unlock for me.

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l
    Rent Perfect Dark first...I own the game...trust me...rent it before buying, IMO. Need For Speed Most Wanted is utterly kick ass, though! To me, NFS is a MUST BUY!
    And Maximus I agree with you. NFS is an awesome game for the xbox360 I play it all the time check my sig and you can see how much of the game I have unlocked and still growing. lol Can’t get enough of the game.

Let me tell you a story I started playing the game on Friday around 9am in the morning I went to sleep with the controller in my hand and the xbox360 still on with NFS still in. How I know because I woke up and continued to play. Lol
    Last edited by Nato King; 12-06-2005 at 10:43 PM.

WTF? Why do you collect dead birds and metal pieces? I might be getting this for Christmas, so I need to know...

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    WTF? Why do you collect dead birds and metal pieces? I might be getting this for Christmas, so I need to know...
    Each Chapter contains several dead birds and metal pieces, which you may collect as evidence. At the end of the game the number of birds and Metal pieces you get will determine how much plot information is unlocked. You should find six birds and three metal pieces in each chapter. I hope that was not a spoiler too some people.

Quote Originally Posted by George89
    yeah but reviewers usually rush though this game. This is a creepy, dark game, so if i were playing it, i'd probably go through very slowly..
    exactly...turn off the lights and go slowly through the game...if u get into it, you'll love it!
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

I finnished FEAR last night (its by the same ppl) what an awesome game. I got Condemned the first day I seen it out and since I have not got my 360 in at GS yet I am sitting tight waiting to play through this too. I am in love with these types of games. Being startled by a game ownz.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Out of my 8 360 games, Condemned is easily my second favorite just behind Perfect Dark Zero. I didn't know what to expect from Condemned, and was really shocked by how good it was at painting a scary/intense mood.

It's not perfect - the quality of the levels jumped around a little too much from being fantastic (Dept. Store, School) to a tad boring and/or repetitive (subway tunnels, the Orchard levels) - but the overall experience was really fun and gripping. Once I started I didn't want to stop playing until it was over.

Thread Information