Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XBox 360 remote

Master of Pong

You can get universal remotes for $20 bucks. They aren't as nice as the Harmony line, but some of them learn Macros, which is the same thing as Harmony's tasks.

$129 is very cheap for the Harmony and what it does, to tell the truth. Before the Harmony line came out, people were paying $500 or more for universals with the same functions. And I have installed several remotes into yachts that cost over $1,000. So, in all, it is a steal.

If it seems like much to you, go to Target or Wal-Mart and pick up a cheapie universal and take the time to program it. It will seriously benefit the way you entertain yourself. (And you'll be springing for a nicer universal in no time)

I bought it and it rocks. On Shadednine's advice, I bought my dad a Harmony for Christmas. I gave it to him early because I want him to be able to enjoy it all he can. I gave him a surround sound AVR and DVD earlier and he's had a hell of a time controlling it. With the Harmony, he has no trouble at all. He told my mom that it was the best thing ever made for entertainment centers. The main difference is that you hook the harmony to a computer and program it instead of programing it manually, which is damn near impossible.

i still dont know if i should get one or not

sounds great.. i think i might get one even though it costs the same as 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by laughs-XBA
    Whatever I bye, comes with a remote anyway, so why should I go and spend 129 bucks on something that has no need?
    And just think all the batteries you have to buy. Don't knock it until you try it.
    Like most people. I like one remote vs 6 remotes.

Hidden Content

that thing is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by F1Ox
    And just think all the batteries you have to buy. Don't knock it until you try it.
    Like most people. I like one remote vs 6 remotes.
    You have a point there, although if you think about it that way, I would be using this harmony remote 6 times more than each individual remote, so I would have to buy the same amount of batteries.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

You have a point there, although if you think about it that way, I would be using this harmony remote 6 times more than each individual remote, so I would have to buy the same amount of batteries.
    You're right there. But you forget the main reason to buy a really fancy remote: it's a nifty gadget!

Master of Pong

Except that most of the loss of life of closed-cell batteries occurs while sitting around inactive.

Buy small packs of batteries, even though they cost more per cell, and use the universal remote. You will save money that way.

Right now you have a dozen cells sitting around, hardly used, going bad. And two dozen replacements in a drawer somewhere doing the same thing. (Put those in the fridge)

Quote Originally Posted by swivel
    Right now you have a dozen cells sitting around, hardly used, going bad. And two dozen replacements in a drawer somewhere doing the same thing. (Put those in the fridge)
    They are good until 2010.... I'm sure I'll use them by that time.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Thread Information