Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Slightly More Powerful Then PS3

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Default Xbox 360 Slightly More Powerful Then PS3

But they're still both Ferraris when it comes down to it...

Speaking at yesterdays' 33rd Annual UBS Global Media Conference Microsoft's Bryan Lee, Corporate Vice President & CFO Home & Entertainment, demonstrated the 360 to an audience of key participants in the global media sector and proclaimed it to be "slightly more powerful" then the Playstation3.

"With Sony if they do hit the specs which they've said they'll have there's a debate, there's a couple of categories where they outdo us, there's several categories where we outdo them. On balance I think most people who study the space will tell you our system is slightly more powerful then theirs from a hardware standpoint. But for the purposes of this discussion I think it's fair to say they're both Ferraris"

Lee reiterated Microsoft's expectations of 4.5 to 5 million units being shipped before June 30th 2006, with between 2.75 million and 3 million of these coming during the first 90 days.

link

Master of Pong

Hmmm... so the guy affiliated with the XBox says that it is more powerful than the PS3?

I don't know what to think.... I'm hearing both consoles are more powerful.... Bah!

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

I just hope the games are great.

This is MY HOME

exactly,Who cares? where are the games? that's why i bought the system.Lets go guys get the games out and save the bullsh-it.

games are where sony will beat us sadly

and the fact that they have the masses

I used to post here a lot.

I agree. I will be getting mine.

This is MY HOME

To early to tell and even if it were true its one of the lesser important things with regard to these two systems.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper
    games are where sony will beat us sadly
    Although the 360 is easier to program for.... So who knows.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

I wish someone unbiased would come out with an opinion regarding the power of PS3 and Xbox 360. Microsoft and Sony reps are hardly someone I'd trust with that kind of opinon.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

If you guys think about it, 3rd party developers are going to create identical copies of games for each system...so, it hardly makes a difference. Only first party games are the difference.

One category where PS3 is far inferior compared to XBox 360 is the on-line network. XBox Live is freakin' 100 times more advanced than Sony will ever make their on-line system. In fact, XBox Live is technically the 2nd largest telecommunications network on the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Diablo
    I wish someone unbiased would come out with an opinion regarding the power of PS3 and Xbox 360. Microsoft and Sony reps are hardly someone I'd trust with that kind of opinon.
    EXACTLY wat i was about to type
    God, I Love A Happy Ending: And They All Lived Happily Ever After, Except For The Prince, Who Died 3 Weeks Later Of Hepatitis B

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Diablo
    Rather difficult at the moment, given the hazy information being distributed by Sony. At this rate, a good comparison won't be possible until after the PS3 releases. It's pretty easy for both sides to speculate they're more powerful when Sony's system is still deep into development.

I've been hearing some bad stuff about Sony lately...

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I heard the PS3 wll have Toy Story comparable graphics. We really are in the time of tomorrow.

I heard it will clean my room, walk my dogs and with the appropriate add-on module, wipe my a**

Anyway, much of the "bad stuff about sony" is probably their latest fiasco: Their DRM rootkit XCP. Google up ' Sony XCP ' if you somehow haven't heard of it. It hasn't got much to do with the PS3, but it's part of the reason I very much do not like Sony as a corporation.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedNine
    I heard it will clean my room, walk my dogs and with the appropriate add-on module, wipe my a**

Anyway, much of the "bad stuff about sony" is probably their latest fiasco: Their DRM rootkit XCP. Google up ' Sony XCP ' if you somehow haven't heard of it. It hasn't got much to do with the PS3, but it's part of the reason I very much do not like Sony as a corporation.
    Agree. Companies that make proprietary software/hardware irk the hell out of me. Sony ranks right below Apple in this regard. Sony now has no less than 5 memory card formats that only they use. And there was the minidisc fiasco. And the reluctance to accept MP3 as a viable format. And ATRAC. And now Blu-Ray.

I love my Playstations, but I have to forget that Sony makes it. If I kept that in mind, I would end up throwing the damn thing out into the snow.

Now I need to get back to Dragonquest VIII. First truly great RPG I've played this year, and it is on a console pushing 5 years old.

its way to early to tell. N e who the the games win the system wars not the systems. nintendo 64 - playstation

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyboy
    revolution > all
    Stop it. Stop smoking crack cocaine and posting.

This is MY HOME

Thread Information