Thread: Controllers

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

Arrow Controllers

Hey. I have spent soooo much time with my xbox its not even funny. I always invite buddies over, but the thing is that they have to bring their own controllers from their system and they always call me a "cheap skate" (I do the same when I am at their house). I have seen a whole bunch of third party controllers for about 25-35 bucks, but yet the MS controller is about 40 bucks. Why the dramatic difference? is the quality much more noticibly crappier? or what. I ahve read the reviews from this site and have asked the same question on the xbox.com forum, but I want more opinions. thanx
    ha..

I have Mad Catz controllers they seem to work fine. I must tell you, whatever you do stay far far away from the Interact controllers they SUCK They feel like crap and the buttons you have to really put your back into them to get them to work.
    There's no need to fear Underdog is here! Hidden Content

whatever you do stay far far away from the Interact controllers they SUCK
    i can agree with you on that. I bought the vortex controller form Interact and it broke on me last night. It was a *****ty controller though. the rubber grips felt like a hard plastic, which they said was rubber. And the buttons did suck. the only thing i like was the movement of the analog sticks. Alot smother than xbox's I thought. Now i think i will go with a madcatz pantherx joystick when it comes out. But i will still need another controller though still want a 3rd party one though. Any sugestions

It's usually best to go with a first party controller. In some rare cases 3rd party controllers have been known to mess up controller ports. It was starting to happen with my PS right before I sold it. I had a generic brand controller, I think it was Performance and the port acted like it wasn't working sometimes, cuz the controller wouldn't detect, even if I tried a Sony. That's really rare though. So putting that reason aside, I'd go out on a limb and say that the official controllers for any system are more well constructed, thus less problematic than 3rd party. I believe the adage "U get what U pay for" applies here. Also it wouldn't be so far fetched to have each of your regular friends buy their own controller or chip in some money for a couple more if they play your system so much. Heck, I'd of bought a GC controller if my friend asked me too before he went and purchased 3 more so we could all play.
    Last edited by GokuX; 02-21-2002 at 10:59 PM.

Thread Information