Thread: 360 JP Launch=Non-Event

Default 360 JP Launch=Non-Event

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-36...ths-142315.php
    No suprise but wow I wish I could find a store with that many in stock. lol

I hope they can turn things around.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/4641.html
    More, I wish they would have made more for here now that I see they dont want them.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

It sucks how they are 100$ less there to. I would throw them up on ebay if I cud grab those, except they probably aren't compatible with NTSC or USA or watever.

I had no doubts that Xbox 360 would fail in Japan as Xbox did. It's an American machine, so the Japs won't give it a chance. I think they should give up in that territory. Microsoft should make Japan their last priority and focus on the rest of the world. North America, Europe and Australia all seem to embrace Microsoft's consoles, so why not divert efforts from Japan to focus on regions where they will sell? If Microsoft have a stab at Japan again in the next generation (I.E. around 2010), it will be yet another failure there (unless they have a bunch of good Japanese RPGs at launch).

Master of Pong

Man... this forum has been repeating every good thing Microsoft has been saying about their plan in Japan for months now. All for nothing, it seems.

The Japanese are extremely loyal and patriotic. Also, the games made for the Nintendo and the Sony systems cater to their needs.

I agree with the above posters. More systems should be over here, and cheaper, too. Forget the Japanese market.... win here!

Personally I can't think of one 360 launch title that would really speak to the Japanese crowd. There's no arcady anime hack & slash ems...no RPGs, and none of the extremely odd games that the Japanese alone seem to crave. DOA4 is the only one that stands out as Japanese, and it's relatively americanized.

It's a solid launch lineup, but a western launch lineup.

It would have been better to build up a couple developers and titles that the japanese would crave before launching there, and save the hardware for distribution here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brevity

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-36...ths-142315.php
    No suprise but wow I wish I could find a store with that many in stock. lol

I hope they can turn things around.
    Yeah right.

Hidden Content

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

i was just watching attack of the show, and they said the complete opposite. Apperantly it was a huge event at the lounge in the otaku...

theres no sales figures out yet, so only time will tell.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Damn...ShadedNine took the words out of my mouth when he stated that the launch line-up regarding games doesn't exactly make Japanese gamers water at the mouth.

Microsoft simply needs to come out with exclusive content that caters to the Japanese market if they expect to get anywhere.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

It went fairly well, and the 360 WILL (mark my words) fare better than the Xbox, but it won't come close to toppling Sony in Japan. The reason why Japan is important is because they still have incredibley talented developers that MS wants. I don't know about you guys, but I like playing something other than sci fi fps, tactical shooters, and madden. Once Dead or Alive hits, and especially the double attack of Lost Oddysey and Blue Dragon, the 360 will be a force to reckon with in Japan. I imagine Mistwalker games will be largely responsible for what success the 360 enjoys in Japan. MS may have been better off offering the system up once those games were ready to ship. And equipping the thing with tentacles to attack underage girls would have helped, too.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Lost planet, and support form sqaure enix is def. going to be a large factor too.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by StudioAlex-XBA
    And equipping the thing with tentacles to attack underage girls would have helped, too.
    Uh...

That's the funniest thing I've ever read in a forum.

But sadly it means that you and I have some of the same movies.

Can the FBI look up our IPs?

Let's hope not.

(thanks for the guffaw)

Apparently Xbox 360 only sold around 60,000 units in Japan on the weekend. That's less than half of what Xbox 1 sold back in 2002. Pathetic.

Thread Information