Thread: 360 Faceplates

Default 360 Faceplates

I don't have a 360 yet, but I plan to buy one of those faceplates. I'm having a hard time finding the black one with fire on it online. Did they cancel that faceplate? All I've seen online is the blue one, wood one, and the silver one.

Here's what it looks like

I saw one in Best Buy on Launch Day, but haven't since then. If I recall correctly, different faceplates will be available as well in the future so maybe you'll find one you like even better.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

I knoW what you mean. I was looking for the fire one the whole Time I was in wisconson for a week and a half and I never ever saw the fire Face plate. They must have made a limited amount.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep looking. If I see any online, I'll let you know

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoogerBoy
    Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep looking. If I see any online, I'll let you know

You do that I will buy that face plate so face they would think it's really on fire. lol

Well I called a bunch of places, of course they didn't have it. Some of them didn't even know what I was talking about lol. Then I went to Amazon.com and found it. On their site it says the faceplate comes out June 15th, 2006? That's a long long time

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846

I think faceplates are the dumbest things ever... What purpsose to they have?

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by laughs-XBA
    I think faceplates are the dumbest things ever... What purpsose to they have?
    Um... Ripping $20 off consumers?

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Diablo
    Um... Ripping $20 off consumers?
    I like the blank ones they are coming out with that are clear, so you can paint on the inside of the face plate and have a nice, shiny paint job on the exterior.

Not that you couldn't paint the exterior of your old Xbox if you wanted to.

But this lends some credence to the mod efforts, and hopefully will inspire more people to make their consoles their own. This is one area that is taking over the PC community that I would love see spread to the consoles. It harkens to the glory days of hot-rodding.

I do frown on all these faceplates that make you feel unique, even though a few thousand other guys are installing the same things. And they seem a little tacked-on when the rest of the unit doesn't match. Like DD said... it's all about the moola.

I think they're cool. It's for design and expression ya know? I'm not getting one but I think it will be cool for some.

This is MY HOME

I bought one while i was away in london, Its a few different shades of orange...
    Just got it for the fun really

I really hope the MS open some sort of site on the net that allows you to make your own custom faceplate, now I think that would be a real selling point to the 360.
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

I just want one, because they look cool

I agree with sam-xba that the face plates could be a big selling point. Do you guys remember those crappy nokia phones that kinda started the whole cell phone face plate craze? those phones sucked but i knew people who wanted them just so they could put a cool face plate on it. that clearly isnt as big a purchase as the 360 but it is still goes to show that people love little novelties(sp) like this.
    Hidden Content
    thanks laughs for the sig
    real join date- jan 2002
    vist my space here Hidden Content

Hidden Content

people can start a collection!
    gotta catchem all

Master of Pong

How cool would it be for the entire face of the console to be a display? I know it sounds far-fetched, but printable displays and flexible displays are around the corner. Already a keyboard exists that uses OLED displays on every key so that the functions can change.

You could have animated flame on the face of it, or have it tell you when you get a message, or ooze blood when you get killed in a game. It could count down a timer when a bomb is about to go off, or when you are going to run out of air. And of course, it would make a great dashboard for racing games, or show big horizontal and vertical bars of health for fighting games.

Again, this might seem like too much of an expense today, but 5 years from now you could print this kind of display using existing inkjet printer technology for pennies.

And lets not even start on how this space could be used by advertisers!

Edit: I just saw this a minute after posting, thought it applied:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/afplifes...citizencompany
    Last edited by swivel; 12-18-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Thread Information