Thread: Something about Japan launch that bothers

Default Something about Japan launch that bothers

Ok so on the front page, there is news of the Japan launch. Now, for a while I have been pretty steemed when all people talk about is that Japan is the life or death of the XBOX. I don't belive this in the least bit. I think american combined with european efforts is enough to suffice for the mighty xbox. Now before you start your responding, Japan is important, and can really help the xbox but I don't give it as much weight as the majority of people. There are certainly many American developers that can create awesome games. FPS are a great example.

Something else that really bothered me about the article on the front page, it says:

Gates said: Japanese gamers are among the most sophisticated in the world, and Xbox is the future-generation game system that matches their sophistication, fires their imagination and tests their skills
    Many other people feel this way. I read an article about a year ago (so please don't ask for a source, i have no idea where i read it at), that stated overall Japaness usually don't like American games because they are too hard. The bulk of the japanesse market perfer games that include collecting gems or the such. How is that hard core???

Yes I would disagree with "the most sophisticated gamers in the world." How does the fact that they enjoy puzzle fighting games and wierd panic games make them more sophisticated?? If he wanted the Xbox to be a real success to appease the sophisticated Japanese gamers he should have called it the "Super Super Fun Box."

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Well, dudes...notice the careful wording on the quote by Gates. It doesn't say that Japanese are the most sophisticated...it says "Japanese gamers are AMONG the most sophisticated in the world" (emphasis mine).

The word "among" indicates that they are sophisticated along with other sophisticated groups of people elsewhere in the world.

Though, I would agree that Japan is not do or die for the XBox....not in the least...though, it is an important market for the growth of the XBox. Technologically, Japan is known for electronics and technology, and if Microsoft can gain a solid market share, more top gaming developers will jump aboard the XBox bandwaggon and make even more amazing games that have the XBox hardware in mind.

That's one of the problems with the XBox right now. Many 3rd party developers (not all) don't come close to utilizing the power of the XBox hardware. When these companies pull their heads out of their asses, they will come to realize that the sky is the limit in what they are able to do when making games for this platform. Just give it more time...we will all see some amazing stuff!!!

Ho ho ho!

You silly american つ抜かれ&#12388You are now match for Owa ‚Â and mess you up quick mutha つ抜かれ&#12388
    Chin-pokemon 4 Life and up yo yankee ‚つ抜かれ&#12388!!!

つ抜かれ&#12388つ抜かれ&#12388つ抜かれ&#12388つ抜かれ&#12388つ抜かれ&#12388

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

ok.....

Originally posted by Maximus
    When these companies pull their heads out of their asses, they will come to realize that the sky is the limit in what they are able to do when making games for this platform. Just give it more time...we will all see some amazing stuff!!! :)
    uhhh... it's gonna time some time for them to get the full power of xbox... they are taking baby steps... if they jump right to make a game using 100% of the xbox, it's going to take years and many many people to make it...

1 godlike game would take years...
    a few okay games that build up to the best game ever player would take about the same amount of years... but more profit.

JJaX... wtf?

and japanese gamers enjoy more RPG/Puzzle games... North American gamers enjoy more shooter/action games...

we like violence... they like reading :D

Thread Information