Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy Ticks Me Off!

Angry Best Buy Ticks Me Off!

So, I go to Best Buy at 6 AM, and there are 40-50 people there, the store only gets 24. I was disappointed, of course, but that's what I knew would happen. But the thing is, one guy was there all night, and he didn't. They announced they would only get 24 at 7:50 AM. Come on, Best Buy, you knew you were only getting 24, so why make people wait all night!

Anyway, I went home disappointed, but I'll just have to wait until my (long-time coming) shipment gets to GameStop. But here's what makes me mad: I read on the XBOX.com forums that they were putting them online at 7:45 AM this morning. People had a better chance of getting one by browsing online that waiting all night in 20 degree weather. They should've had more at the stores, but they go ***** and put thousands of them online. Way to drop the ball, Best Buy! I'm never shopping there again.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Tell 'em Doc Steel sent ya!

I agree, I went up there at 7am and there were about 100 people in front of me, I knew I wasn't going to get one.. so then I go over to Target and wait there and some woman says she asked a guy coming out of target who worked there if they got any and he said yes, then when we get in the store we ask the manager who opened the door and he's like.. no. Also, they were calling their relatives at 7:45 when someoen said they were online and getting them to order one but I didn't reallyknow who to call and I thought I was getting one in the Target.. Blah!! I shoulda known 7am wouldn't have been soon enough but they said the last person to get a ticket got there at 1a.m. and there is no way I woulda got there at 1am to wait for one.
    The limit is 500 X 250. Follow the rules please.

It's ironic, isn't it? All the time we spend online, te one time we aren'tonline, the 360s are.

A sad, sad irony.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I know what you mean. My best buy had 35 and I was like 40 at 755 when they opened. Nice of then to tell everyone that late.

Hidden Content

i juest called and they were sold out
    no 360 for me by 2006 then

You could have looked your BBs numbers up.
    I stood in line all night and thought it odd that people were told time and again by BB people and others that there were only 24 systems but everyone stayed in place not moving even those who were like 50 back.

Also people bought vouchers (once they were handed out) for 400 each. They would walk up and just buy them.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brevity
    You could have looked your BBs numbers up.
    I stood in line all night and thought it odd that people were told time and again by BB people and others that there were only 24 systems but everyone stayed in place not moving even those who were like 50 back.

Also people bought vouchers (once they were handed out) for 400 each. They would walk up and just buy them.
    How?
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Once we all got vouchers *(the first 24 people) then people in the back would walk up and annouce that they would pay X amount for a voucher. The first went for 50 the next 200 the rest 400.

Funny story a little 13 yo girl was waiting with her mom to get one for her bro/son. Well when they handed out the vouchers she was half asleep and stuck out her hand and got one. Well they could not afford two and thought it would piss people off if they told what they did (grabbing one by accident thus leaving one less person in the back to get one).

So when the bidding on vouchers got to 400 this 13 year old sold hers to another lady. I was really happy for them.
    Last edited by Brevity; 12-18-2005 at 04:24 PM.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Ok, coming from a guy that works at best buy: you guys should know how popular this damn thing is by now. Getting there at 6am and expecting one? Not smart. People line up almost 24 hours in advance, and they deserve it cause they waited. And secondly: stop complaining about the number we recieve. Its Microsoft that gives them to us; we dont build the damn things. And to be honest; we hardly know the exact number of consoles we're supposed to get in; because it may say we have 50 on order; but we dont recieve that many in most cases. Our orders arent always fulfilled down to the last one, sometimes we get less that expected. And we make people wait until morning because its most likely that people will claim that they've been there for hours(that havent been there for hours), and the only proof would be a voucher just before we open, and we would get dozens of customers complaining to management. and they would still recieve nothing.
    so quit complaining, you guys know that Microsoft has fallen behind on shipments. Its not the retailer, its the manufacturer.
    -Welcome back

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixMaul-XBA
    Ok, coming from a guy that works at best buy: you guys should know how popular this damn thing is by now. Getting there at 6am and expecting one? Not smart. People line up almost 24 hours in advance, and they deserve it cause they waited. And secondly: stop complaining about the number we recieve. Its Microsoft that gives them to us; we dont build the damn things. And to be honest; we hardly know the exact number of consoles we're supposed to get in; because it may say we have 50 on order; but we dont recieve that many in most cases. Our orders arent always fulfilled down to the last one, sometimes we get less that expected. And we make people wait until morning because its most likely that people will claim that they've been there for hours(that havent been there for hours), and the only proof would be a voucher just before we open, and we would get dozens of customers complaining to management. and they would still recieve nothing.
    so quit complaining, you guys know that Microsoft has fallen behind on shipments. Its not the retailer, its the manufacturer.

matrixmallown'd.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by pitt4ever
    So, I go to Best Buy at 6 AM, and there are 40-50 people there, the store only gets 24. I was disappointed, of course, but that's what I knew would happen.
    Read before you respond to me, saying I was expecting to get one.

Second of all, it was the Best Buy employees who handled it so poorly that make me angry. They knew they were only getting 24, so wait until 7:50 AM to pass out the tickets, when you know the guys lining up after (say, Midnight) won't get one. I feel really sorry for the guy at my BB who waited in 20 degrees for 8 hours, and was the first loser. IMO, making people wait just makes them angrier at you.

After hearing someone have to go through that, I made it official that I will never shop at Best Buy. Ever.
    Last edited by pitt4ever; 12-18-2005 at 08:18 PM.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

So you're angry on behalf of the dunce that waited in 20F weather.

Second of all, it was the Best Buy employees who handled it so poorly that make me angry. They knew they were only getting 24, so wait until 7:50 AM to pass out the tickets, when you know the guys lining up after (say, Midnight) won't get one. I feel really sorry for the guy at my BB who waited in 20 degrees for 8 hours, and was the first loser. Seriously, what do you guys gain by making some people wait for hours, and you knowing they won't get one. IMO, it just makes people angrier at you.
    Did you read his entire post?

And we make people wait until morning because its most likely that people will claim that they've been there for hours(that havent been there for hours), and the only proof would be a voucher just before we open, and we would get dozens of customers complaining to management. and they would still receive nothing.

They probably informed people before hand about the above situation. What would you know? You barely got there at 6AM anyway.

After hearing someone have to go through that, I made it official that I will never shop at Best Buy. Ever.
    Ok then. Sounds like you heard a bad story from some tards that didn't know what the hell they were doing.

Best Buy wont miss you, I'm sure.

Second of all, it was the Best Buy employees who handled it so poorly that make me angry. They knew they were only getting 24, so wait until 7:50 AM to pass out the tickets, when you know the guys lining up after (say, Midnight) won't get one. I feel really sorry for the guy at my BB who waited in 20 degrees for 8 hours, and was the first loser. Seriously, what do you guys gain by making some people wait for hours, and you knowing they won't get one. IMO, it just makes people angrier at you.

Read my post bub: regular employees control nothing. Managers control it. The handing out of vouchers is to assure people have been waiting the whole time THAT DESERVE IT. If we dont even make the damn lines, the customers do. Its their own decision to form a line in the first place. And plus, we tell people that there will not be enough for everyone. They wait anyway just incase of a miracle.

So, who cares if you dont shop at best buy?
    and plus that LOSER that got his xbox seems to have gotten the better of the deal. He's playing an xbox and youre complaining on the internet.

go shop at circuit city
    -Welcome back

my xboxes is loud? :s

Owned!

I guess it must feel pretty bad to be jizzed all over Ahahah
    hi!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

It's my opinion that no one should complain about anything if they show up at 6:00am knowing full well they weren't going to get one in the first place.

I waited 17 hours on the eve of launch and I was still 7th in line...the way I see it was, I got lucky even at 17 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l
    It's my opinion that no one should complain about anything if they show up at 6:00am knowing full well they weren't going to get one in the first place.

I waited 17 hours on the eve of launch and I was still 7th in line...the way I see it was, I got lucky even at 17 hours.
    Read my post, bub.

So, I go to Best Buy at 6 AM, and there are 40-50 people there, the store only gets 24. I was disappointed, of course, but that's what I knew would happen.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

just preorder early like i did =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoreforeva
    just preorder early like i did =)
    Oh why oh why hadn't they thought of that? Oh yeah, it's not 6 months ago right now..it's now.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Read my post, bub.

I read your post, "bub", I'm merely pointing out that you still are having a tissy fit over Best Buy for no reason.

As for Best Buy not telling people how many consoles there are, let's get something clear: The store sells many more things other than XBox 360s...and with Christmas coming closer and closer, it's probably not that uncommon for people to line up outside before the store opens. Now, if the store knew fully well how many consoles were in stock and knew people were outside standing and waiting...and didn't inform them how many systems there were, I agree that it would have been better customer service to atleast mention the information to the hopeful crowd. But again, you weren't one of those people waiting outside, so, what's your big beef?

I guess I must be missing something......

Read my post, bub.

Read your own post. Maxy said:

"It's my opinion that no one should complain about anything if they show up at 6:00am knowing full well they weren't going to get one in the first place."

Laymen's terms: Why complain if you knew you wouldn't get one?

My understanding is you're complaining on behalf of some nimrod nobody.

Thread Information