Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Buy Ticks Me Off!

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
    Read your own post. Maxy said:

"It's my opinion that no one should complain about anything if they show up at 6:00am knowing full well they weren't going to get one in the first place."

Laymen's terms: Why complain if you knew you wouldn't get one?

My understanding is you're complaining on behalf of some nimrod nobody.
    brother-owned
    -Welcome back

It just a game system. Who care if you work at best buy or your pissed. Get one off ebay if you really need one. This thread is going no wheres.

Hidden Content

Okay, I'll give up that part of my argument, because I can't seem to win.

But don't you guys still think it was wrong to use 360s that could have been used at stores, and put them online, unannounced?
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Tell 'em Doc Steel sent ya!

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by pitt4ever
    Okay, I'll give up that part of my argument, because I can't seem to win.

But don't you guys still think it was wrong to use 360s that could have been used at stores, and put them online, unannounced?
    I agree with this point. You have to reward the people willing to camp out.

I think the magic of buying concert tickets have been sapped by the same thing. Now, when a concert goes up for sale, it sells out in less than a minute because of online sales. Same thing with sports games.

Let's face it... the art and tragedy of camping out in celebration of our consumerism is going the way of the dodo. And I, for one, think that something in all of us has been lost.

Anyway... I gotta run. More Christmas shopping to do with Amazon to get those last few gifts overnighted here in time for the holidays...

Quote Originally Posted by swivel
    I agree with this point. You have to reward the people willing to camp out.

I think the magic of buying concert tickets have been sapped by the same thing. Now, when a concert goes up for sale, it sells out in less than a minute because of online sales. Same thing with sports games.

Let's face it... the art and tragedy of camping out in celebration of our consumerism is going the way of the dodo. And I, for one, think that something in all of us has been lost.

Anyway... I gotta run. More Christmas shopping to do with Amazon to get those last few gifts overnighted here in time for the holidays...
    Hey, that's exactly my point.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Tell 'em Doc Steel sent ya!

skorp

Thumbs up More 360's?...

Found this article... So get ready just in case and go online, get to the stores, whatever...

More Xbox 360 Madness:
    For people that thought the lines for the Xbox 360 on launch day were bad, the lines on the 18th were even bigger in some areas with the console selling out again in a matter of minutes. Stores in Arizona, Cleveland and across the country all had people lining up overnight for a chance at snagging a new Xbox 360. Rumor has it, from several sources, that there will be another shipment on the 22nd as well.

Fueled by Internet rumors of the hard-to-get video game's pending arrival, lines started forming outside Northeast Ohio's Best Buy stores Saturday afternoon. Consumer Electronics Daily reported Thursday that virtually all available Xbox 360 consoles, an estimated nearly 326,000 units, sold out on its first day of sale, Nov. 22. Scores of holiday shoppers claimed patches of sidewalk in front of Northeast Ohio Best Buys for Round 2.

Our local Best Buy had around 50 people lined up so we loaded up the SUV with a Xbox 360, HDTV, generator and headed out Best Buy. We let people take turns playing on the Xbox 360 and handed out Starbucks and hot chocolate to the people waiting in line. We plan on doing this again on the 22nd if the rumors of another shipment do in fact turn out to be true.
    LINK

Hey I give up to. I payed for one on Ebay for $670 and getting my money back from Game stop.They told me I get my pre-order late jan to feb. F that I sayed! I get my xbox 360 no later then wed from Ebay.
    Hey its my money!!
    Last edited by F1Ox; 12-19-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Hidden Content

there is no best buy in my town or any where close enough for me to care i got mine at wal-mart on launch. they haven't gotten a second shipment since and the manager told me they won't gt any till january. What ever happened to the shipment every week deal M$ told us about?
    Hidden Content
    mad props to BullseyeWTF for the siggy!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information