Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need closure.

Default I need closure.

Ok, I haven't *****ed at all about the xbox 360. Its a great piece of engineering and has alot of potential.

What has been holding it back, MICROSOFT!

Ok so I have some steam to blow off ok.

Basicly I'm pissed that the backwards compatibility list sucks. Here is my tale of horror!

I was waiting for months to play star wars battlefront 2 on my 360. Then the compatibility list sucked ass. I mean, who the hell plays these games. I mean, the simple games such as star wars battlefront, mech assault, or even mechassault 2 aren't on it!

Why pick the loser games that are a $1.99 at my local grocery store. They sold horribly and were enducted into the triple rusty platinum group!

I sold my malfunctioning xbox to ebgames (HAHA ON THEM!) so I could help pay for my 360. it took 1 fricking month to add 6 games to the compatibility list. THIS SUCKS!

I'm planning on buying a new xbox just so I can play SWB2 which i crave.

I'm pissed and angry at the same time. I mean who the hell plays the games listed. Other than halo 1 and 2.

Anyway, leave me comments and tell me your two cents, and if your angry too. Get it all out fellas.

I find I'm more dissapointed at the developers not bothering to port titles such as SWB2, Price of Persia: 2 thrones, and others over to the 360 as genuine 360 games in HD. I'm not expecting them to completely rework the graphics like they're doing for some, but at least do what's necessary to make it run as a 360 title. I know I for one am not interested in buying anything that won't, at the very least, take some advantage of the vastly improved hardware.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

To my understanding, Microsoft is adding new emulators for original XBox games as time goes on...So, hopefully they'll add games you have...

I have to agree. This is bull****! I cannot beleive they didn't put games such as Battlefield 2, or the new Madden games on there! But you know Microsoft, ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! Don't let us play Madden 06, which we already payed $50 for, on our Xbox 360, which we already payed $400 for, but make us RE-BUY the stupid game, which we will pay $60 for! This is rediculous! Their backwards compatibility list better grow pretty fast, because Halo 2 isn't exactly the only game I wanna play on my 360. Oh wait, maybe I should play "Cabelas Big Game Hunting 2004". Ha.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

yea i cant believe splinter cell chaos theory wasnt on there. What gives?
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Master of Pong

That's a weird thing about this console launch. There are still A+ games coming out for the last generation. I don't remember this ever happening before. Especially when games like Madden have more features on the old generation!

Usually consoles are tapped out when the next gen comes out. The PS1 was being overloaded by developers when the PS2 came out. It was like a pressure valve being released to let them move on. I feel like my XBox still has some life in it. Like devs still haven't wrung every last horsepower from the box. But 6 months ago most devs pulled whatever they were planning for my beloved system and ported stuff to the XBox2.

This is one case where I think everyone loses. The early adopters are losing (except for the tickling of the gadget fetish), the XBox loyalists are losing, and Microsoft is not doing what they needed to do to take over the lead in the console war.

From what I've heard, emulating these games is very, very hard work. Most of the crappy games are on their because they were easy to do so they might as well thrown them on. Major Nelson has a podcast and he interviewed the guy in charge of that and from what I hear we're lucky to have any games play on the 360.

Oh btw, check out the updated list. The splinter cell games have been added.

"Why pick" My guess is these "simple" games were much easier to get working or took no work at all? Like CarGuy said, it's not easy and a little more complicated than you think. Actually you're not thinking, you are reacting like a damn baby that can't get his way.You have know that the BC list or no list for the 360 has been nothing but fishy. Are you that surprised you can't play star wars?

You're not that light saber dancing fat kid are you?

Just busting your balls... overies... whatever.

LOL.

Hey, no need for insults pal.

Your not that dummy president are you

Banned

Close these nuts in your mouth Xbox fan looking mother****er. Lmao!

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius
    LOL.

Hey, no need for insults pal.

Your not that dummy president are you
    I'm getting pretty sick of your George Bush bashing Imperius. WTF did that comment have to do with anything?

People need to understand that backwards compatibility is a complete luxury. If you had a big problem with not being able to play your old games, then you should've kept your old Xbox. Even now updates are being made to make older games run and I think it's pretty damn generous of them to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DD-KGann
    Their backwards compatibility list better grow pretty fast, because Halo 2 isn't exactly the only game I wanna play on my 360. Oh wait, maybe I should play "Cabelas Big Game Hunting 2004". Ha.
    There are plenty of games out there now for the 360, and more to come. I think that COD2 multiplayer happens to be a lot more fun than Halo2. This game is intense. And soon, GHost Recon - Advanced Warrior will be out, and that will own also.

Quote Originally Posted by swivel
    This is one case where I think everyone loses. The early adopters are losing (except for the tickling of the gadget fetish), the XBox loyalists are losing, and Microsoft is not doing what they needed to do to take over the lead in the console war.
    Give me a break. You're losing if you don't have a 360, cause it's fun as anything and there are great games on it.

Please people, stop your whinning. It's a NEW CONSOLE!!! Play the new games, and live in the now, and if you don't like it, then go back to the old Xbox.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Salmonaitor-XBA
    I'm getting pretty sick of your George Bush bashing Imperius. WTF did that comment have to do with anything?

People need to understand that backwards compatibility is a complete luxury. If you had a big problem with not being able to play your old games, then you should've kept your old Xbox. Even now updates are being made to make older games run and I think it's pretty damn generous of them to do it.

There are plenty of games out there now for the 360, and more to come. I think that COD2 multiplayer happens to be a lot more fun than Halo2. This game is intense. And soon, GHost Recon - Advanced Warrior will be out, and that will own also.

Give me a break. You're losing if you don't have a 360, cause it's fun as anything and there are great games on it.

Please people, stop your whinning. It's a NEW CONSOLE!!! Play the new games, and live in the now, and if you don't like it, then go back to the old Xbox.
    Shut up *****.

Uh moronwrecker, are you saying that to salmonator?

And salmonator, your right, I shouldn't keep bashing Dubya. For that I appologize. Besides I like ya, your a fun guy.

Anyway, I agree with ya and I hope that with each game added to the BC list, the graphics and such improve.

No need to fight amongst ourselves.

I really dont understand why everyone is so concerned with backwards compatibility .
    I could care less about playing old games on the 360 , they are "old" games .
    I still have all my original Xbox games but not my Xbox , it was stolen .
    I think I have somwhere around 20 games and dont intend on playing even one of them on my 360 , why would I ? there old , been there done that , old games , old graphics .
    I would rather wait for the new generation of games .
    Do you really think you will be playing these old games a year from now when the 360 has a huge library of amazing games ?
    Does it also bother you that you cant watch your new high def tv in black and white

Hey MoronWrecker, why don't you go fall down a hill somewhere and hit your head up against a rock of some sort? Sounds good to me.

This will probably be his response.
    Last edited by Salmonaitor; 12-19-2005 at 03:20 PM.

my xboxes is loud? :s

MoronWrecker has no balls!!!!

*laughs like little school girls*
    hi!

Hey I can agree with. That backwards compatibility list does suck.

Hidden Content

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swivel
    That's a weird thing about this console launch. There are still A+ games coming out for the last generation. I don't remember this ever happening before. Especially when games like Madden have more features on the old generation!

Usually consoles are tapped out when the next gen comes out. The PS1 was being overloaded by developers when the PS2 came out. It was like a pressure valve being released to let them move on. I feel like my XBox still has some life in it. Like devs still haven't wrung every last horsepower from the box. But 6 months ago most devs pulled whatever they were planning for my beloved system and ported stuff to the XBox2.

That's why it will be another Dreamcast. It has already failed in Japan, the Hardware is garbage and LIVE is loaded with bugs and lag. This is possibly no it IS the worst launch in console history. PERIOD!!! I may put mine up on Ebay and buy a PS3.

Another Dreamcast? Ha. Just another guy who couldn't get his hands on a 360, so he will bash it since he can't have it.

Thread Information