Thread: Bad News for the Xbox360

Default Bad News for the Xbox360

The Xbox360 Has been hacked!!!!

Well I knew it was going to happen, but never this fast. This sucks for people trying to be legit... Another funny thing is that this hack will not mess up people's Live if there machine is hacked since it dosn't make any changes to the bios. Since Microsoft decided to go with the Dvd vs. hd-dvd, it is open season for pirates. I hope this isn't the beginning of the dreamcast's demise.

Proof of Hack

Any thoughts?

I apoligize, this video has been found to be a fake....but the chips out in a couple weeks still remains....
    Last edited by Spaztic; 12-22-2005 at 10:02 AM.

Rather sick of the Dreamcast comparisons. I think the problem they had was that nobody wanted one?

As for thoughts...**** hackers.

Yay, the system was hacked, along with every other system on the plant. Good observation.

Quote Originally Posted by DD-KGann
    Yay, the system was hacked, along with every other system on the plant. Good observation.
    It wont affect it much. EVERY console, EVER, has been hacked. im neither worried nor suprised.

12-28-05 that's like april's fools day for us mexicans

stupid ps3 fanboys

my xboxes is loud? :s

The system wasn't hacked.... some people really amaze me.
    hi!

Master of Pong

I don't see how the system being hacked will have a negative influence on it. I have a lot of friends that own two XBox's. One hacked, for experimenting, networking, Linux playing, et cetera, and one that isn't hacked for playing online and regular gaming.

I guess the hacked systems could hurt game sales, but my view on that is that those people wouldn't be purchasing the games anyway. But they will be buying systems and accessories.

Many devices don't do as well in sales UNTIL they are hacked. Look at the Sony AIBO and the PSP for examples.

I look forward to modded systems and seeing what they can do. It would be a very cheap PC if you could install an OS on it.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EMX
    Rather sick of the Dreamcast comparisons. I think the problem they had was that nobody wanted one?

As for thoughts...**** hackers.
    Then those people missed out on the best system of all time with great games. The fact is game developers will not spend alot of money into a game that can be pirated which means low-quality games and game developers jumping ship. This affects the console alot whether you want to agree or not that is just plain fact. Game developers LOVE SONY and we all know that. There will be great games for that console just like our 360.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Gate
    Then those people missed out on the best system of all time with great games. The fact is game developers will not spend alot of money into a game that can be pirated which means low-quality games and game developers jumping ship. This affects the console alot whether you want to agree or not that is just plain fact. Game developers LOVE SONY and we all know that. There will be great games for that console just like our 360.
    I agree. There is no chance of either system not getting great games. For one thing, the popularity of gaming is going through the roof, so we should see more of everything.

The real question should be: How many devs are going to make games for the Revolution? Especially since the power difference and unique control will make for bad porting? Does this mean mainly Ninteno in-house games? Or will devs jump at the chance to experiment?

I think the XBox2 and PS3 are nearly known quantities. The Revolution is the big mystery for me. Sadly, not many people seem to even care.

When I look at nintendo's history in terms of hardware, I haven't traditionally seen a heck of a lot of succesful innovation on that front. Virtual Boy anyone?

Nintendo's strength always has and always will be in their game development. I suspect that the Revolution won't do well, and perhaps, after it's fully vanished, Nintendo will go the way of Sony (who's running strong as a publisher and developer today). That way I won't have to shell out any money on what may end up being entirely proprietary hardware to play Nintendo's games.

As for the system being hacked, if it was or whenever it is....it looks bad, but I think the only real financial damage is in the money lost by Microsoft on console sales that don't yield any games, leaving them with a net loss on the hardware. Software publishers don't care so much about how many titles are pirated, as how many are bought..and as long as mod-chips and other hassles are involved in the piracy process, the majority of users who would buy the games anyway, will continue to do so. Also, with Live being as tightly wound into the entire system, you're giving up a bit more this time around to commit your playing to offline alone.
    Last edited by ShadedNine; 12-22-2005 at 11:00 PM.

Thread Information