Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kragen autoparts employee tries to inform me that ps3>360 !?

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Default Kragen autoparts employee tries to inform me that ps3>360 !?

Yup. I was having an argument at work, because im new and two of my co workers were trying to convince me that they actually had ps3, imported from japan. I won the argument because we have the internet at work, and im not an idiot.

I was telling blueranger about this while i was shopping at Kragen AUTO-Parts (as in, parts for my car) when the cashier stopped us in mid convo and said "you guys talking about ps3?"

I said yes, and he began. Ps3 is gonna be really good, sony is just waiting for the 360 hype to die down. Its coming in march, and it does exist.

Blueranger saw my tempurature spike, but i kept cool and acted like an sellout.

"oh word? thats crazy, i cant wait for my ps3 in march!"

me and marc (blue) looked at each other and laughed histerically. We walked out of the store and went home.

these ps3 fan boys are everywhere, and they're so uneducated...
    Last edited by TheCovenant; 12-24-2005 at 01:13 AM.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Gamerscore Whore

PS3 is coming in March??? Um I thought it wasnt until the fall in North America...LOL! Maybe fanboys know more than me..LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCougar
    PS3 is coming in March??? Um I thought it wasnt until the fall in North America...LOL! Maybe fanboys know more than me..LOL!
    Didn't you hear? The fanboys get theirs several months before the rest of the world for being Sony's b*tches.

If the fanboys get theirs several months ahead, I'm off to PS3addict.com Later!

Seriously though, why do any of us care what a guy at an autoparts store says? Much less care enough to make a thread a thread about it. It's like me caring what a gamer has to tell me about the auto industry. Nod, smile, move on.

PS3 is going to be better they say? In some ways probably, in others no. Let's face facts, the 360 is a powerful enough piece of hardware that Sony would have to go to some pretty great expenses to outdo it any meaningful way (I think we covered this in another thread). On the other hand, if I can get a whole wack of incredible games for both systems, I htink it will be a blessing for gamers the world over. Get an Xbox for the more North American style FPS-centric games and a PS3 for some amazing Japanese RPG's. I think I just soiled myself at the thought of it...oh wait, I ate Taco Bell earlier, nevermind it wasn't the thought that did it.

WOO! Post 900! And I wasted it on this, go me!

Well if the auto guy said it, it must be true

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

ya what gets me is when people who work in electronic's departments of wal-mart tell eveyone that PS3 is going to be better, and that they should wait and get it instead.
    Hidden Content
    mad props to BullseyeWTF for the siggy!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

it's all going to come down to the games. PS3 will have similar games/game franchises as the PS2, and xbox 360 will have similar games/franchises to the xbox. seeing as how i like the xbox's games alot more than the PS2s, i have a 360, and probably wont get a PS3. dependes on whether or not you like the PS2's games.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude222
    it's all going to come down to the games. PS3 will have similar games/game franchises as the PS2, and xbox 360 will have similar games/franchises to the xbox. seeing as how i like the xbox's games alot more than the PS2s, i have a 360, and probably wont get a PS3. dependes on whether or not you like the PS2's games.
    I agree. And eventually they will all have the same games, and it won't matter. It will be like owning a Honda vs. a Toyota. As development costs keep going up, the game publishers are going to have to widen the market available to them. How many times in the last generation did you hear that a game was going to be exclusive, only to see it work its way to other systems? RE4, GTA, Viewtiful Joe, Halo. Now Sega is going to be making games for everyone as well. Even Microsoft is pushing to get Japanese-style games and more RPG's for the XBox2. So, even though you enjoyed the last generation's developmental selfishness, the rest of the industry is hoping and praying for something quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by swivel
    I agree. And eventually they will all have the same games, and it won't matter. It will be like owning a Honda vs. a Toyota. As development costs keep going up, the game publishers are going to have to widen the market available to them. How many times in the last generation did you hear that a game was going to be exclusive, only to see it work its way to other systems? RE4, GTA, Viewtiful Joe, Halo. Now Sega is going to be making games for everyone as well. Even Microsoft is pushing to get Japanese-style games and more RPG's for the XBox2. So, even though you enjoyed the last generation's developmental selfishness, the rest of the industry is hoping and praying for something quite different.

yea, lets see that theory apply itself to the revolution, then we'll talk.

Theres bloody loads of those fan boys.
    My own friends too, i quote about 5 people here: ''I saw some really cool graphics in those ps3 movies, I have never actually seen any of the 360 movies, but ps3 is going to be so much better.
    I think its cheaper too, and the games are cheaper, oh yeah! Better too!
    Im not going to get a 360, il just wait for ps3 because it's c00l''

Pisses me off.
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

my xboxes is loud? :s

Why does it get you guys mad? It's their choice. Why would you want potential PS3 buyers to join us on XBL?
    hi!

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by TheCovenant
    yea, lets see that theory apply itself to the revolution, then we'll talk.
    I should have made clear I was leaving Nintendo out. I was talking about PC/XBox2/PS3. In numerous other threads I've made the same point regarding the Revolution, its lack of power and HD, and the unique input options.

And what does your point have to do with us talking or not? Or are you just trying to be rude?

And what does your point have to do with us talking or not? Or are you just trying to be rude?

Im being an elitist bastard, and i was rude. It's just that i knew you'd swoop in to defend ps3 like you always do.

Master of Pong

Im being an elitist bastard, and i was rude. It's just that i knew you'd swoop in to defend ps3 like you always do.
    Guess I'm guilty of not being a "One Console" fanboy.

I'll own both systems. Just like I do now.

And I will buy ported games on whichever system I prefer, just like I do now mainly for the XBox.

The reason I am on this site is because I love my XBox. Not because I hate Sony. I think you, and all of the close-minded hate mongers you troll around with should create AntiSonyAddicts.com and move over there. You unthinking fools are the worst thing for gaming. You want a monopoly? You want no competition? You want games to suffer because MS has a lock on you?

Great thinking, genius.

Guess I'm guilty of not being a "One Console" fanboy.

I'll own both systems. Just like I do now.

And I will buy ported games on whichever system I prefer, just like I do now mainly for the XBox.

The reason I am on this site is because I love my XBox. Not because I hate Sony. I think you, and all of the close-minded hate mongers you troll around with should create AntiSonyAddicts.com and move over there. You unthinking fools are the worst thing for gaming. You want a monopoly? You want no competition? You want games to suffer because MS has a lock on you?

Great thinking, genius.
    Oh, you're gonna take the, "prejudice with no prior justification" stance. Ok, i can do that too.

'Not once have i ever seen you approve of anything xbox 360 related. You've been praising and warning about the coming of a console thats going to be superior to the 360 in every thread. Fact is, it doesn't exist, and wont for another year. Poeple like you need to stop trolling Kragen autoparts, mcdonalds, and all those non video game places of business. Even in videogames places, keep it to yourself. Nobody cares what you think. So if you feel so strongly about the ps3, and xbox 1, then go ahead and keep posting your ignorant posts. Im just saying theres some fine sony websites that wont have poeple like me calling you out for your stupidity.'

If the above sounded very ignorant, prideful, and uninformed; you now know what i felt when i was reading your post, swivel.

Master of Pong

Oh, you're gonna take the, "prejudice with no prior justification" stance. Ok, i can do that too.

'Not once have i ever seen you approve of anything xbox 360 related. You've been praising and warning about the coming of a console thats going to be superior to the 360 in every thread. Fact is, it doesn't exist, and wont for another year. Poeple like you need to stop trolling Kragen autoparts, mcdonalds, and all those non video game places of business. Even in videogames places, keep it to yourself. Nobody cares what you think. So if you feel so strongly about the ps3, and xbox 1, then go ahead and keep posting your ignorant posts. Im just saying theres some fine sony websites that wont have poeple like me calling you out for your stupidity.'

If the above sounded very ignorant, prideful, and uninformed; you now know what i felt when i was reading your post, swivel.
    Please post here any words of mine stating that the PS3 will be more powerful. I have never, and would never say anything so dumb and unfounded. You are confusing me for someone else, and saying things unrtue about me hurts my feelings. Seriously. Really hurts my feelings. And if that makes you happy, or if you don't even care, then I feel sorry for you. Somehow your console has become more important to you than the feelings of strangers. Even strangers that tenuously belong to a like-minded group that you do.

All I have ever done is be skeptical about a new piece of technology. The same way I am about dual-core procs on the PC side, about physics cards being needed in PC's. About PS3's controller design. About the Revolution's lack of HD> But this isn't a PC, PS3, or Revolution forum. There is much XBox2 vs. PS3 talk, naturally, so these things come up. But I am even more skeptical of the PS3 than I am of the XBox2.

The problem with being a fanatic, which you seem to be, is that any sort of normalcy will seem so far in the opposite direction, that you assume I am on the other team. I've said hundreds of times that I am a gamer, above all else. That I love my XBox. And that I'm enjoying this generation while the next one matures. Just because I don't drool over every CGI shot, and call it an "In-Game", just because I don't take everything MS says as gospel, just because I don't get into the hype from those that want my money... you people pile up on me?

C'mon people. This is a forum. A place where we should be able to disagree without worrying about being attacked, or slandered, or misrepresented. I am sick of having to defend my neutral position here to every fanboy that runs around crying that I am part of the PS3 fanboy congregation. I am not.

But, everytime an XBox fanboy slams on the PS3 when they know as much (zero) about the system as I do... I will defend it. That is part of the territory that comes with neutrality. You do not abide by intellectual silliness from either side.

You also ignore the many threads where I have stated that I am most hopeful of the Revolution, and that my PC will play most of the games that come out for the XBox2 and PS3. Basically, you have already prejudged me, and lump me in with a group that you hate, so you hate me by extension. I bet if you knew that I was hispanic, you would hate me even more. The same sort of ignorance and intolerance applies.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I don't know what you tools are talking about. I've had my import PS3, from Kazakstan, for a couple of weeks now. They just released Halo 3 for it. The graphics are amazing and the glory hole feels just like the real thing.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by StudioAlex-XBA
    I don't know what you tools are talking about. I've had my import PS3, from Kazakstan, for a couple of weeks now. They just released Halo 3 for it. The graphics are amazing and the glory hole feels just like the real thing.

Is the glory hole worth the premium edition? I mean, surely everyone will shell out the extra $100 for it eventually anyway.

Please post here any words of mine stating that the PS3 will be more powerful. I have never, and would never say anything so dumb and unfounded. You are confusing me for someone else, and saying things unrtue about me hurts my feelings. Seriously. Really hurts my feelings. And if that makes you happy, or if you don't even care, then I feel sorry for you. Somehow your console has become more important to you than the feelings of strangers. Even strangers that tenuously belong to a like-minded group that you do.

All I have ever done is be skeptical about a new piece of technology. The same way I am about dual-core procs on the PC side, about physics cards being needed in PC's. About PS3's controller design. About the Revolution's lack of HD> But this isn't a PC, PS3, or Revolution forum. There is much XBox2 vs. PS3 talk, naturally, so these things come up. But I am even more skeptical of the PS3 than I am of the XBox2.

The problem with being a fanatic, which you seem to be, is that any sort of normalcy will seem so far in the opposite direction, that you assume I am on the other team. I've said hundreds of times that I am a gamer, above all else. That I love my XBox. And that I'm enjoying this generation while the next one matures. Just because I don't drool over every CGI shot, and call it an "In-Game", just because I don't take everything MS says as gospel, just because I don't get into the hype from those that want my money... you people pile up on me?

C'mon people. This is a forum. A place where we should be able to disagree without worrying about being attacked, or slandered, or misrepresented. I am sick of having to defend my neutral position here to every fanboy that runs around crying that I am part of the PS3 fanboy congregation. I am not.

But, everytime an XBox fanboy slams on the PS3 when they know as much (zero) about the system as I do... I will defend it. That is part of the territory that comes with neutrality. You do not abide by intellectual silliness from either side.

You also ignore the many threads where I have stated that I am most hopeful of the Revolution, and that my PC will play most of the games that come out for the XBox2 and PS3. Basically, you have already prejudged me, and lump me in with a group that you hate, so you hate me by extension. I bet if you knew that I was hispanic, you would hate me even more. The same sort of ignorance and intolerance applies.

Well hot damn. I was expecting a lashing, not a level headed confrontation. I do feel like a jerk, and i apologize for my prejudice. You do have a tendency to swoop in and stick up for the ps3 from time to time though, that much i'm sticking with.

This thread was about me taking unfounded advice from a random person about a hobby i really enjoy. I read about both systems everyday and am totally caught up with the latest news. It frustrates me that most of the world automatically assumes the ps3 is more powerfull, by some informal default. Im not a fanboy, but i do have to defend the integrity of the system i own. I will not be looked down upon because of my desicions.

OH and by the way, Yo soy Venezolano.

www.myspace.com/thecovenant

Booooo Ps3
    Wooooo Xbox 360

Thread Information