Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kragen autoparts employee tries to inform me that ps3>360 !?

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedNine
    I really don't get why everybody made such a big deal about the price. If you add up inflation over the last coupla years, take into account the plummeting of the US dollar, and you'll find that it's really no different than the original Xbox at release.

I paid $450 CAD for my Xbox, if memory serves (well, a little less, since I abused a friend's walmart discount). Considering that it didn't come with the remote control, HD cables or a wireless controller, one might say that the 360 was in fact cheaper, at $500 CAD.

If you bought all 3 consoles for under $500 last gen, then you obviously didn't pick them up at release. If you were to do the same timing this time around, you'd likely pay a bit more, but not by much.
    I don't look at my things at cost value, but rather at replacement value. I have an Apple IIe in my electronics storeroom that I can't think of as a $4,000 piece of equipment.

My point exactly regarding the price. Anything around $500 is a steal. That's an entire system for the cost of one of my graphics cards. And I wouldn't be surprised to see the PS3 land here at $400. If the Revolution can launch for $200, that might make it something that many of us will pick up for a single A+ title. Zelda? Metroid? Animal Crossing?

Speaking of bang-for-the-buck... last week I got a copy of Gothic 2 (with the expansion) from Amazon for $17 !!! I must have at least 20 hours into it already, with no waning of passion for this game. It should hold me over until Oblivion comes out, and that should keep me busy until the XBox2 lineup matures, which will put me right in the middle of the PS3 launch/debacle.

This year is going to go by so fast.....

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

christ, this thread got way longer than i intended....
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Thread Information