Thread: Do I need the Xbox System link cable or would a network LAN cable work as well???

Default Do I need the Xbox System link cable or would a network LAN cable work as well???

I just wanted to know if that works because the Xbox one is only 20 ft. I'd rather buy one of the 100-200 ft. cables. Signing off...

Yea, a network LAN cable will work.

You need a cat 5 crossover cable if you are linking two xboxes together. A regular cat 5 cable will not work. Go to a mom and pop computer store and they probably can make you one of any length. I say mom and pop because you may as well give them the business.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

of course 2 regular cat 5 cables will work if you are using a hub. Also, if you are into it, it is much cheaper to purchase a regular cat 5 cable (especially at 100-200 feet) and make your own crossover cable. It's really easy and there are plenty of instructions on the internet.
    Oregon State

really? Could you give me links to a couple tutorials on making my own crossover cat 5 after I've purchased my standard 100-200 feet standard cat 5? BTW, if I were to hook up more than 2 TV's, I'd need a HUB right? What kind of HUB would I need for it to work? Thanx in advance. Signing off...

Any hub or switch will work just fine.

Frostberg

you only use a crossover cable (or system link cable) if you are connection 2 divices directly without a hub or switch, so it sepends what you are doing...

Thread Information