Thread: 360 Headsets.

Angry 360 Headsets.

I'm really getting tired of my 360 headset, the thing allready broke on me so now i cant mute myself any more because the sliding button wont move. from the first time I saw the new headset I said to myself I doubt this thing will last very long Then when i got the headset the thing was soo damed flimsy I thought I'd break it putting it on my head not to mention the sound quallitity isnt that great either. So now I'm stuck with a broken headsest and the only optional headset I've seen soo far has been the madkats one and I basically hate anything made by madkats because anything I buy from them breaks. So what I'm really trying to get to is, is there an optional headset that I can buy fpr my 360 even if it is not specifacly designed for the sytem but as long as it can fit in the jack. If you can tell me where I could find one that would be great.

my xboxes is loud? :s

I HATE the headset too! The old Xbox one was amazing. This one squeezes on the side of my head and gives me major headaches. I would buy something Sony. That would be good.

I'll get a link for you soon.
    hi!

i like the new headsets, but ive already broken one just by dropping it. the old headsets always pulled my hair and the new headsets arent as uncomfortable

Hello,

There is a new headset coming from plantronics sometime in april called the x30 that looks interesting.
    http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...USFFAKAEZWQIV0
    Last edited by CoLoXBoXFReaK; 03-21-2006 at 10:27 PM.

XBA's Kiwi Counterpart Slam Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoLoXBoXFReaK
    Hello,

There is a new headset coming from plantronics sometime in april called the x30 that looks interesting.
    http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...USFFAKAEZWQIV0
    Hmmmm, interesting. I was considering buying a Headset as soon as i got live, but it seems that the 360 ones arnt as good as they look like. Great link, i like the design on it too

The old headsets work with the 360, but theres no mute on that either
    Vote for me as Most Graphically Creative member!
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

My 360 headset blows...I couldn't agree more. The new Plantronics headset couldn't come soon enough...I'm picking it up the day it comes out!

*patiently waits for the new Plantronics headset*

Oh yeah, thanks for that link, CoLoXBoXFReaK.

mine just never worked. people can hear me but i cant hear them.

my xboxes is loud? :s

Sometimes when I put my mic in, I can hear other people, but I cant talk to them. I have to turn off the controller, and turn it back on. By that time, half the party leaves. Stupid MS.
    hi!

If the headsets for the 360 have the same jack as the Xbox, then all Jabra cell phone headsets AND Plantronics brands should fit. Mine did on the original Xbox.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy
    mine just never worked. people can hear me but i cant hear them.
    That's funny because I have the opposite problem I can hear people but they can't hear me...but, sometimes they can...it's kinda wierd...

mine broke too because the wire hooked on something and the tip broke off inside the controller.. still haven't bothered to take it apart and get it out.. just use the other for my mic

i bought a cellphone headset off ebay for 3$ and it works fine, not as loud of an output as the 360 version, but it works... i bought a 360 official one off ebay too but it doesn't work at all and im returning it.

I used to post here a lot.

I'm in the middle of improving on my computer -> xbox 360 headset adapter thingy. Once it's done, I'll make a guide or something on building them.

In its current state, I've built one that splices the output from the controller to the 360's own sound (fed to the headphones through my receiver), and then accepts the separate mic input from my headphones and feeds it to the controller. This part is really easy to build once you've located the appropriate adapters.

The final design will be similar, but will also include a dial to adjust the balance of voice to music volume (the master volume and mic volume are on my headset's remote).

So right now I can use my Altec Lansing headset for XBL (http://www.alteclansing.com/product_...sp?pID=AHS502I).

Ya I think I'm going to suffer with this POS until that plantronics one comes out looks preety sick thanks for the link man.

http://www.headsets.com/headsets/cel...05/images.html

I think its pretty safe to say the forthcoming X30 is based off of this headset. All the reviews I have read around the net have been positive. Im thinking about picking one of these up as they are cheaper than the advertised price for the x30.

You all must have got faulty ones, i've dropped mine, from the top of my 62" wide screen T.V. along with the controller, which still works, sat on it, abused it pretty badly, and it still works just fine, I don't know what happened to you guys but mine's been in bad shape and it hasn't broken yet, i've had mine since the day 360 launched, and my system along with my hardware for it still work without any issues besides the battery.

It must be because i'm Hawaiian :P lol jk jk, but really i think these are alot better than that piece of crap headset that they released for the xbox. OH yeah, from what i've heard, if you like the piece of crap headset that microsoft released for xbox, they heard that you could use that on the 360 controller, haven't tried it yet, since i've trashed all of the old ones and kept my wireless ones. NOT confirming that but you could try.
    Last edited by Ainokeatoo; 03-24-2006 at 09:11 PM.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Thread Information