Still Life is my favourite Xbox game. It is a dark film noir type adventure, in which you assume the role of FBI agent Victoria McPherson. Since her grandfather is Gus McPherson from the PC game Post Mortem, I thought I should use the character as my username.

Victoria is investigating the gruesome slayings of several women (all mainly hookers) and decides to take a break by staying at her father's home in Chicago near Christmas. However, she finds something in the attic that dates back to the 1930s and apparently, it is connected with her current investigation.

Still Life is like a point n' click game. This gives Still Life a classic (yet very outdated) feel to it. You really could play it with a mouse. As far as I'm aware, there is barely any danger in the game. Much of the game has you asking questions ala Sherlock Holmes and you also spend a lot of your time solving puzzles and gathering evidence, in the style of Syberia and Syberia II.

The thing I liked about it though, is that you have to think like an FBI agent would. But you also have the chance to behave like a normal person. For example, you get to bake biscuits for Victoria's father and you have to prepare the recipe yourself. There aren't a lot of games where the main protagonist has the time to live like a regular human being with a serial killer on the loose.

Both Post Mortem and Still Life were developed by MC2-Microïds. I recommend these games to those who enjoy survival horror or detective type games.