Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got Dead Rising yet?

Default Got Dead Rising yet?

Anyone have Dead Rising yet? The Best Buy I work at doesn't get it in till afternoon tommarow. It could be good if i can get some reviews!

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

the reviews are looking good...10th highest rated game for the 360....

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...360/deadrising

i'm picking mine up tomorrow

The "Moderator"

mine is coming in today. cant wait to play it.
    Hidden Content
    "Banana Scissors"

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Will have mine today. I can't wait. I didn't download the demo but I've played it at Gamecrazy and It's a game to definately take your aggression out after a hard days work. Kick A$$

Now to the other side of the story:

It's not the best really, the game is fun, somewhat, but it just gets repetitive after a while it just gets plain boring. I mean yeah, sure you can pick up almost anything and kill everyone, but really, after a while it gets boring, there's not much behind the game other than the story mode, if your connected to xbox live, the longer you last helps you go up the leaderboard. Really to me, it's only worthy of renting....

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ainokeatoo
    Now to the other side of the story:

It's not the best really, the game is fun, somewhat, but it just gets repetitive after a while it just gets plain boring. I mean yeah, sure you can pick up almost anything and kill everyone, but really, after a while it gets boring, there's not much behind the game other than the story mode, if your connected to xbox live, the longer you last helps you go up the leaderboard. Really to me, it's only worthy of renting....
    Have you played the full version of the game, or just the demo? Judging that your gamercard doesn't show you've played the game, I'm assuming your basing your opinion on the demo. Because the full version has a LOT more to do and has quite a variety. Repitition is definitely not one of the problems of the game! There is plenty of varied things to do from the vast variety of missions to easter egg hunting.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowlab-XBA
    Have you played the full version of the game, or just the demo? Judging that your gamercard doesn't show you've played the game, I'm assuming your basing your opinion on the demo. Because the full version has a LOT more to do and has quite a variety. Repitition is definitely not one of the problems of the game! There is plenty of varied things to do from the vast variety of missions to easter egg hunting.

I've been playing this game for about 4 hours now and I agree 100% with your statement. This game is NOT repetitive ocne you get into and past the first few hours. It actually has alot of depth and substance not found in other games. And oh so many ways to play and finish this game is a beauty. Not to mention the unlockable modes. Your statement rocks dude and so does this game.

Yeah, I got my greedy lil hands on a copy today. I've spent about three hours playing it so far and I think it's great. The only thing I don't like is that you're on the timer... I like to roam around and take my time with things. Besides that it's great!

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

I say take your time and enjoy, I read on IGN that you can save and choose to reset the 72 hour clock while retaining all of your newely learned abilities/current level....so take your time and just set it back when you're a zombie whoopin' machine.
    Dr. Tran's Giving Away the Hot D*ckings!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Static
    I say take your time and enjoy, I read on IGN that you can save and choose to reset the 72 hour clock while retaining all of your newely learned abilities/current level....so take your time and just set it back when you're a zombie whoopin' machine.
    Hmmmmm, interesting... I'm going to have to look into that. Kyle!

I preordered but didn't cop mine yet. I'll get it tomorrow.

This is MY HOME

someone has got to tell me how the game is story wise and such because obv. the demo wus just one thing over and over again.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Macaroni
    someone has got to tell me how the game is story wise and such because obv. the demo wus just one thing over and over again.
    I've been playing for about 4 hours and the story and characters are both really interesting. It's a hell of a lot like Dawn of the dead.... Actually, it even has a warning on the case saying that George A Romero has nothing to do with it. So yeah, there's a lot of different things going on, great characters, and the voice acting is top notch.

Couple things that bother me is that damn phone! It rings every couple of minutes and you can't fight when they call you... And if you don't finish a case file in a certain amount of time, you have to basically start the whole game over again. Good thing you get to level up or this game wouldn't be so hot. Like I said earlier though, great story and awesome characters, but damn you timed games!

yeah ive got mine and played probably 4 hours. I've started over 3 times. I died twice and I killed brad which ended my game. I just figured out all the places there are to save. I am annoyed that you dont actually hear people talk except for cut scenes. (I'm hoping thats not just me.) Because you have to read that tiny font. Also it's hard for me to prioritize the missions. I will also damn the timed games!

edit: I am enjoying it though!

My xbox360 games list as of right now... It will grow!

1.Condemned
    2.Perfect Dark Zero
    3.Call of Duty 2
    4.G.R.A.W.
    5.Oblivion
    6.Prey
    7.Dead Rising
    8.Saints Row
    9.GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.Pocket Bike Racer (BK)
    11.Halo3
    12.GH3

Quote Originally Posted by killerscott
    yeah ive got mine and played probably 4 hours. I've started over 3 times. I died twice and I killed brad which ended my game. I just figured out all the places there are to save. I am annoyed that you dont actually hear people talk except for cut scenes. (I'm hoping thats not just me.) Because you have to read that tiny font. Also it's hard for me to prioritize the missions. I will also damn the timed games!

edit: I am enjoying it though!
    Yes, why must they make the font so tiny?

the save system sucks...i wish you could save wherever you wanted....the soundtrack is done suprisingly well...everything works....and the control layout (specifically....the camera mode and aiming mode) still bothers me.

Just in case anyone is wondering how to keep those convicts from respawning.

Soiler...

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
    After you kill them, you must destroy their jeep or else they will continue to come back whenever you re-enter the yard.

I picked it up last night and played a bit. My standard-def tv isn't 50" or anything but it's not small by any means, and I'm literally UNABLE to read a lot of the text from where I sit. The game is really fun but without NPC voices (like otis on the radio for instance) It's tough to know what's going on a lot.

I read on gamefaqs that setting your 360 to "wide screen" display makes it more readable. I'll try that tonight. I also read an unsubstantiated rumor that "Capcom is aware of this [the small text complaints] and might patch it" that would be excellent.

The game is sweet, but if your TV isn't uber-mega, I'd make sure you know what you're getting into before you drop money on it.

Complaints about font size aside, Laughs: how do you kill the convicts? I unloaded a whole gun into the face of one of them when their truck got stuck on a tree, but he didn't die and I didn't see a life-meter for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by ALC
    Laughs: how do you kill the convicts? I unloaded a whole gun into the face of one of them when their truck got stuck on a tree, but he didn't die and I didn't see a life-meter for them either.
    I found this on another site, and it worked for me... Sorry, I don't know the shop that I got the nail guns in though.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
    Head to the North Mall across the park. Inside hunt around the shops that are under construction for the nail guns. You shouldn't need more than two. Go back out to the park the way you came in and the cutscene will play. Head to the trees near the Food Court and wait for the jeep to try and make a go for you.

If you stay in the tree area, the jeep should smack repeatedly into the trees, freeing up a major opportunity to nail gun the inmate on the machine gun from a safe distance.

Once he is down, nail gun the passenger, then finally the driver. Once all three are dead you can go examine the .50 Cal machine gun and dismount it. It holds about 200 rds and is extremely powerful (I used it to kill Carlito in one small burst). It is also extremely acurate (you can lightly squeeze the trigger quickly for single shot). One of the best weapons in the game!

21. Thread Information