Thread: XBox Onwers Being Ignored by MS?

Master of Pong

Default XBox Onwers Being Ignored by MS?

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox/wh...mes-193183.php

It does feel like the transition between the Last-Gen and the Next-Gen is a bit sudden for most. Not everyone can afford to rush out and get the latest XBox console, and millions of people are sitting at home with their old XBox, and not much on the horizon to entice them.

Kotaku points out that PS2 owners have top-notch titles like Bully, from Rockstar Games, and God of War 2 and Guitar Hero 2 to look forward to this season, and GameCube owners have a huge Zelda release, while the XBox is languishing.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
    There are only two kinds of people; those who seperate people into two groups and those who don't.

It's a valid point, but the same thing will happen to the PS3 and the Wii. With MS taking the lead this go around it's just putting them in the spotlight.

The hot releases for PS2 and GC were a must, if they didn't do anything it would impact them even more during the wait to November.

IMO, it's all cyclical, not right or wrong.

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by Highlite23-XBA
    It's a valid point, but the same thing will happen to the PS3 and the Wii. With MS taking the lead this go around it's just putting them in the spotlight.

The hot releases for PS2 and GC were a must, if they didn't do anything it would impact them even more during the wait to November.

IMO, it's all cyclical, not right or wrong.
    All good points. I don't think we are seeing anything that hasn't happened before... just not to such a degree.

I do remember getting some great PS1 and N64 games back when the PS2 and GameCube came out. I was slow to upgrade, and didn't feel that I was missing anything for a while there.

This time around, it feels like the schism was large and sudden. I haven't bought an XBox game since the last holiday season. Actually, I'm pretty sure that NCAA Football 2006 was my last XBox purchase, and 2007 is now out.

I'm planning on getting an XBox 2, but the only game that I HAD to have was Oblivion, which I wanted for the PC instead. I think there are a ton of great games on the XBox 2, and enjoy playing on my friend's system, but I haven't played anything yet that made me feel that a revolution has taken place.

If it wasn't for my Nintendo DS, I probably wouldn't be doing much gaming right now, which is insane to even think about. God... I hope I'm not just getting old.... I'm going to go do some sit-ups and fire up my NES so I can feel young again.
    There are only two kinds of people; those who seperate people into two groups and those who don't.

Thread Information